Good Partner For Jax? Any Better Champs Than Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kryye

06-08-2012

I'm pretty new to LoL.

I need a champion with good mobility, heavy burst, and strong defensive cooldowns. A slowing ability would be amazing so I don't have to buy frozen mallet. As Jax I can jump in and take somebody to half health almost instantly, if my friend could play a champion with as much damage we could just run around blowing people up.

The only fighter I know of with a gap closer is Pantheon, but he doesn't have any defensive cooldowns. Darius hits like a truck and has a slow, but he doesn't have a gap closer or defensive CDs, so I don't know if he's a good pick. I know it's a lot to ask for someone to have everything, but Jax pretty much does aside from a slow(which can be solved with an item).

Are there any champions with a more complete package than Jax? I like to maintain a high KDR, I know that's not what LoL is about but I'm here to chop fools up. I regularly get 20-30 kills per game and I'd like to push that number even higher if there are any god tier champions available.

Lightservant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Try Fizz.

Cauldrath

06-08-2012

Pantheon actually is a really good pairing with Jax, because he is strongest early game and Jax is strongest late game. His W is actually a defensive move, as well, because it resets his passive. Throw a champ with range and a tank who both do magic damage into the team (Lulu/Janna/Ahri/Cass with Amumu/Maokai/Nautilus) and your top team should be pretty well-rounded.

As for Jax replacements, I think Riven, played to her maximum potential with a max CDR/heavy AD/mitigation build (as opposed to the rushed armor pen build, which fills a different role), does basically everything Jax does while being stronger overall. (Obviously weaker in some specific areas, like being more vulnerable to AA focus fire and having less single-target burst damage.) It's extremely rare to see a Riven that wouldn't be much better off with Jax, though.

TCWA Tigerbite

06-08-2012

Whenever me and my friend feel like destroying people we go Darius/Jax. You say Darius doesn't have a gap closer, but why do you need one?

You have jax dive in with the dodge effect (so they're stunned), gives Darius time to get close enough. If they try running at that point, Darius grabs them back in.

Infernoxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Irelia would work, gap closer, slow and tons of damage (post level 5 at least)

FOODFOOD

09-05-2012

Give Xin Zhao a try. Gap Closer, Knock Up (not a slow, but arguably better), Defensive Ult on a low cooldown, lots of sustain, potentially high burst.

Ka0tiK

09-05-2012

I would suggest Wu Kong. He has a dive like Jax and the armor debuff pairs well with other ad champs. He has an escape mechanism as requested and his ult combined with Jax stun means whoever you target should be locked down and dead pretty fast.

Goronok

09-05-2012

^ Xin Zhao does have a slow... built into his gap closer. His automatic knock up also adds to people not getting away and having trouble fighting back. He's also very bursty and scales great with AD, crit, CDR, and give him a LW against tanks.

He also has a 15% built in armor shred, and Jax does most of his damage physical. He ups Jax's damage just by being there.

I also picked up Wukong recently, and have been enjoying him. He's not as strong of duelist, but he's not bad, with a gap closer, 30% armor crush (that Jax could also take advantage of), and his w lets him avoid some hits, how many depending on your opponent... then in group fights he SHINES, his Ult does a group knockup and can make the entire enemy teams' health drop.

I'd say Xin Zhao if you want to make single enemies evaporate and be a monster like Jax (more offense but less defense), WuKong if you're ok with being a weaker duelist, but want to make enemy TEAMS evaporate with your ult. :P

And both provide armor crush and knockups to compliment Jax.

BROSEPHIROTH

09-05-2012

If you're looking for a solid partner I really wouldn't go with someone who's also physical damage - that just means that if both of you are dominating hard the enemy team can counter both of you by building armor.

Go with someone like Fizz or Diana who outputs a crapton of magic damage and have solid gap closers/survivability that they won't be disproportionately targeted compared to Jax. Jax and Diana especially are both pretty damn tanky with their base stats and will give your enemies huge headaches for deciding who to kill first.

Darius is also a worthwhile option since he does magic damage with the passive and true damage with the ult. Malphite is also one I like since the amount of utility he brings and the sheer presence he has can cover up for Jax's few weaknesses.

I really wouldn't go with someone like Wukong or Pantheon as a dedicated Jax partner.

DaRatmastah

09-05-2012

Irelia. 2v5 enemy team. GG.