Urgot is just broken on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levgre

06-08-2012

Even Jax and some other champs have some more counterplay against them (Jax has to jump in close). Urgot gets insane and really has no significant weaknesses. He can be ganked, sure... doesn't matter in teamfights, and most champs have to worry about bot ganks.

I guess they don't balance around Dominion so he will continue in the same state. It's a bit of a downer though.

I suppose there's other (perhaps worse) problem champs too. I guess I have 'less' issue with them because of the champs I play.

Panwar

06-08-2012

Uhm, Yorick.

Sauron

06-08-2012

Try playing Maokai against him.

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

or just get tier2 boots to start the lane and never get hit with the goo. I fear a good brolaf or Malz more than hurhurhurhurgot

Levgre

06-08-2012

With a 300 hit radius a good Urgot won't always miss his goo, as long as you are not staying 'very' far away. Just one hit, and you lose half or more of your life.

I think I'll pick up Maoki, he looks fun. Although I'm not going to main him just "in case" there's an Urgot. It seems lots of games lack a bottom lane player though, so he'll fit well.

Redenbacher

06-08-2012

The nice thing about Maokai is that he can operate well, anywhere. So, if a teammate goes bottom and is losing - you can swap with him and, at the least, stalemate the lane.

A12MO12

06-08-2012

only 2 champs i seen that give urgot trouble are maokai and ad malz

Bolshoi

06-08-2012

Urgot just takes smart counterplay. Bait out his shield, harass when it's down, dodge the slime. It's not easy, but I've beaten Urgot bot before. As a melee even, if I recall.

Grantson

06-08-2012

They did just nerf his defense this patch, so there is a response at least in the SR's side.

Urgot like any AD spell casters gets the best of the both world in this map. Higher armor penetration and no items to hard counter him unlike the fellow attack speed AD.

Counters? Well Jax and any leap/dash moves champion have an easier time avoiding Urgot's E. Just get your mouse arrow and left fingers ready when he moves in for his E. Urgot is really not that unpredictable.

Levgre

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantson View Post
They did just nerf his defense this patch, so there is a response at least in the SR's side.

Urgot like any AD spell casters gets the best of the both world in this map. Higher armor penetration and no items to hard counter him unlike the fellow attack speed AD.

Counters? Well Jax and any leap/dash moves champion have an easier time avoiding Urgot's E. Just get your mouse arrow and left fingers ready when he moves in for his E. Urgot is really not that unpredictable.
Moves in for his E? Does he really need to move in with 950 range? I guess if you are playing really passively you can stay that far away. I wouldn't say it is a counter since you have no chance of killing/harassing him.