How the hell did you rised your elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekoyim View Post
Basically get someone who can dominate bot since if you consistently take their bot, in low elo when the other team isn't that good either, you should be fine since it's pretty hard for a team to lose 4 v 3 or even 4 v 2 top. I actually played dominion at at first just so I could use heimerdinger a bunch for fun and i actually hit 1800 ish dom elo by just using heimerdinger/karthus bot.

Maybe I was lucky cause they aren't exactly the best bot champs ever but...it worked for me so maybe you could try it?
My problem is I'm a good bot with enough champs that I can get 2 enemies to camp me, but then my team is still somehow incompetent enough to not be able to take top in return :x

deathTOeXistenZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

I don't know, I clicked Dominion one time because I thought it said Dominoes and I thought, hell, Shen would be so OP at Dominoes.

Renegade Talon

06-07-2012

Well played nothing but assassins like no matter what. Oh look higher than average elo.

Aroyok

06-07-2012

Tanky derps rule Dominion. If whoever you send bot can hold 2 enemies off on a friendly turret, you can probably also take Garrison and turn a 2-man gank into a 2-man feed. There are a TON of champs that do well bot in a 1v1 situation, but there are many who do NOT do well when a gank comes.

Scyhn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Thanks a lot for your replies!. I'll put your tips to work so i can, hopefully, stop playing with dudes who don't give a ****.

Bughferd

06-07-2012

Yeah I basically picked up Maokai bot and went from there although W/L ratio doesn't mean everything mine is like 52% or something and I am 1900

Cauldrath

06-07-2012

Went from 1500 to 1800 fairly quickly by just picking nothing but Riven in blind pick. Bot, top, didn't matter. Just pick a strong champ that you really like playing as, learn every little thing about them, and start dominating some games until you reach an elo where the games are less infuriating. If you don't like playing as Kassadin, it doesn't matter how OP he is, you aren't going to be playing him to his potential. It does help if your favorite champ is strong built tanky dps and is good top, bottom, and ganking bottom, though.

Melvear

06-08-2012

I was at 1750 ish elo for the past few months, and I've started playing blind since Diablo 3 because draft queue got stupidly long. I've been playing almost exclusively as Nocturne bottom lane and got my elo to almost 1900.

I think playing something that's just slightly outside the box helps. People aren't used to rarely picked champions and don't seem to know how to respond to them or what to expect.

DiscworldDeath

06-09-2012

I began heavily ganking bot. Was worth 200 Elo on its own.

Ethereal Sol

06-09-2012

I'm not good, but I went from 1400 to1900 elo after feeling bad about how much I sucked one game when laning against a guy 500 elo higher who just destroyed me and deciding to up my play.

1) Read http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1949008
-So so many tips in that thread it's sheer win.
2) Find 2-3 characters you can play with complete confidence and stick to them. Be mindful of how nerfs alter them, and change things up accordingly if necessary.
3) Pick whether you want to be do draft or blind queue, and adapt for that meta. Yes, blind means you will see urgot/rammus/kassadin/etc, but so has everyone else and if people are on the same page they either have a plan, or play the champs themselves.
4) Make sure your team comp is useable. Sauron explains most of the general aspects of comps, and summoners comps should run, etc. If 4 people instalock squishy burst casters...might want to rethink how eager you are to try to salvage the situation. Everything is viable, but some champions/compositions are more viable than others.