Choose one of the following:

I agree completely! 7 38.89%
I disagree, please post why. 7 38.89%
I agree with some of the discussed items. 1 5.56%
I agree with most of the discussed items 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

[Attention Riot] Issues Explained by Veteran Player!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

"disagree, please post why" not disagree and do not say anything so that this cannot be discussed

Hellfire777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Fuddgee View Post
3: I have recently learned that dodging a Que will lose yourself Elo, but if your playing with troll players then your going to lose elo either way. As suggested by Ashqelon I suggest an amount of dodges, or a greater time to wait instead of losing elo, also dodging a ranked game should not keep you from playing a normal match.

1: When a team is down a player I suggest that the minions be enhanced, maybe siege unit every spawn. Or maybe all the minions gain an armor and attack boost. This would cause the other team to pay attention to other lanes instead of pushing straight down the middle and taking advantage of the 4v5. This buff could also stack.

Jax - I honestly think the jax that had his ultimate as more damage was soo much better...He is basically a full blown tank with tons of damage with his ultimate.. he can tower dive, jump, stun, avoid auto attacks....adding a huge tanky aspect to that is too much. And to be honest a steroid is just boring.

Leona - I love this champion and want to see her expand beyond support, i suggest a minor detail of changing her passive so that when she auto attacks the damage is dealt as well, then she can go top or even jungle!

Miss fortune - totally has fallen off as an AD carry, and thats because all of her abilities do magic damage, and her last ability for how easily stoppable it is doesnt do that much damage for the area it affects. Nunu's area is much larger and is all around him and he does more damage, were you can just move to the side of Mf and kill her while she wastes her time.

Nunu - no one uses him because he fits very few rolls well, while his abilities can fit many rolls... his Q, is only usefull in the jungle which he can play, but he falls off hard late game.
his W plays in as a support mechanic, but why does it affect an ap carry/tank/jungler...His E can do tons of damage and has huge slow which is good in mid but thats his only damage before his ult....and then his ult is the 2nd most avoidable thin, exhaust him or flash out, or just stun him. Overall he needs a huge rework, i recomend letting his Q hit enemy champions for half the damage.

Vayne - simple just increse her damage output, she used to dominate now she has no harass ability because she only has one ability that isn't on hit. Maybe increase her range?

Volibear - I personally hate this champion the most. He can stack health with atma's, and a wits, and do the most damage on the team as well as be the tankiest. He shouldn't scale off health in my opinion. And his passive saves his butt way too often...I would change it to he recovers an amount of damage after he is hit over 4 seconds, and can be used up to the last 4 damaging abilities...still makes him good, but doesn't allow him a second life.

Xerath - i think he fell off hard because his passive is kind of bad....why do you want armor if you are going mid against an AP carry. I suggest his passive have something to do with when he stands still. and his movement speed when he comes off his W lasts longer.

4: Price reduction sale for IP as well as Rp.

5: i would like to know my match history with my friends to remember why i became friend with them in the first place.

1: My suggestion for the leaver situation was inspired by paragonrice on page 10. If there is a leaver, loss forgiven mechanics are then implemented. For example, in a 4v5, if the team with 5 on their team wins, they get half the elo for winning; alternatively the team with 4 on their team lose no elo because of the complete unbalance in the game against their favor. If the team with 4 wins, everything acts as normal because it shouldn't give them half elo for winning a 4v5.

2: Allow blacklisting so you can add people you wish to not be queued with. This is a long time request by many different players. Ignore list should equal blacklist, yet I have been queued with someone I put on my ignore list. It has been stated that there are complication with the implementation of a system like this by riot employees. A big thread devoted to just this subject is found here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1086669

3: During the champion select screen, 3-4 votes should be used to boot a player who is obviously trolling. 3 votes should be necessary to kick a person who duo queued so that it is possible to kick that person because a duo partner will not choose to kick his partner
This is both well said and not so. All quoted above, except for Leona (which I left in for a good reason) are brilliant ideas, although the rest, if not poor ideas, are good but would require immense amounts of time and effort for Riot and would not take place soon, regardless, such as making new maps.

First of all, I myself have posted a thread about being able to "boot" or "kick" another player out of the queue. The argument had arisen, "What if I decide to queue with a group of four and just kick the random over and over?" Simple solution there, though, make a limit when queuing with a group of three or more, so that you can't simply abuse it. "But wouldn't there be complaints about not being able to kick someone if you really have had trolls or afk?" Again the answer is simple, just go back to the old school way, queue-dodging.

The Blacklist idea is one of my favourites also. Just this past week, I was playing with a verbally abusive player, so I chose to silence him. I both reported and ignored him, hoping that would prevent me from being paired up with him again. I felt like playing another game so I queue'd again, and when a match was found I didn't notice it was the same person on my team.That player had chosen Tristana and apparently called mid, which I would have been fine with if I had seen it. Thus, the game was a loss because of poor communication prior to starting a game. With a Blacklist, I wouldn't have minded waiting another minute or two in a queue for another team if it meant getting a team who I would enjoy playing with.

As for players leaving in the middle of a game, regardless of the situation, I believe it's best to have a "Loss Forgiven" for the players who chose not to leave.

When I had started playing, the LoL community had not yet found the trolls it has now, and I could join countless games without trolls or leavers. Now, however, I'm extremely lucky if I can get two games in a row without one. The solution here is simple as well. applying the ideas stated above, apply bans to players who are repeatedly kicked from a queue or blacklisted by a large number of players

As for the champions, all the ideas listed above are shared by me, save for Leona's. Changing her passive to be activated by herself would change it from a balanced passive to a Lux passive that could be proc'ed by allies, and deals more damage. Leona's purpose is a Support/Tank, both roles of which aren't intended to 1v1 enemies, therefore she would have no need to activate her own passive. Also, the damage output given by her passive is very high, adding a buff to that would just make her the strongest top lane in the game. (Think about it, 3 stuns, and if maxing her armor giving skill first, 100 armor/mr, and passive 400 damage per skill. She'd be unstoppable)

That's just my two cents on the subject. If you want to say anything about it go ahead and reply, I'm very open to constructive criticism, so long as you have reasons to back up your argument.

Radish

06-18-2012

Elo System
1. The system is not based strictly off your wins/losses. It is based off the elo off those you win and lose against. Using Kills and Deaths to judge elo will cause every player to play AD carries and promote the unwanted gameplay of "kill-stealing". Assuming a player does not get matched with the same team multiple times, that player will continue to negatively affect the win rate of his or her team, until the player reaches a point at which the player begins to win half the time only. Of course, this is process will take a while and is in constant movement.

2. Increased elo gains under 1200 will only raise the average elo. The requirements for Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum ranks will only move up higher. Remember, elo is just a number. "1200" is only arbitrary. What I suggest, is that Riot increases the number of games on "Newbie Island," where new players will only play with other new players.

3. This will be changed next patch.

General gameplay
1. This may cause players to push a player into leaving the game.
2. Same reason as 1.
3. Same reason as 1.

Champions
1. I agree.

Akali - Can be countered with picks like Lee Sin and Lulu, plus more. Also, just wait for her shroud to end. It lasts 8 second, but has something close to a 20 second cooldown. Oracles and vision wards help with killing her in team fights.

Blitzcrank - many players play him top and jungle too

Evelynn - There will be a stealth remake soon.

Fiora - Tiamat is NOT powerful.

Garen - Garen would be overpowered if his late game is really strong. The tradeoff between early game and late game is intended. As for crit, Atma's Impaler is arguably a decent item on him. And maybe Infinity Edge too.

Jax - OP, but he was OP before too.

Karma - True

Kassadin - He is not banned higher up. He is too easy to beat mid, as he has no range and cannot farm without getting in danger.

Malzahar - Cleanse does not work against his ult, but you can buy a Quicksilver Sash, which works. If you're suggesting that he's OP, I think he's strong, but it's too difficult to land all his spells.

Mordekaiser - I think he should be removed from the game. Someone who builds offense and gains defense on the side is part of a bad design.

Miss Fortune - Her ultimate can be devastating if she has great positioning. If someone happens to sidestep the ult, she can always cancel it.

Nunu - I have seen Nunu played top, jungle, and support. And it worked.

Sion - He has one of the highest cooldowns among AP carries and is completely useless until his spells are ready again. Not to mention it takes 4 seconds to charge his shield. If you break it in time, he will essentially only be able to cast one spell per round.

Taric - They made his passive that way so he wouldn't be constantly healing in lane. He is still extremely strong when paired with AD carries like graves and corki. If you watched some of the streams this month, you'll notice that he was picked a few times.

Vayne - Very strong late game. Again, there's the early game to late game trade off. Buffing her early game will make her overpowered.

Volibear - I have not seen this champion played much. I don't have an opinion on him.

Xerath - Same with him

Xin Zhao - Build him tanky. His early game is very strong, so his late game shouldn't be.

Draven - haven't seem him much to have an opinion.

Blacklisting - it works for those of us who get matched against many players, but in the higher elos, people get matched with much fewer. This can cause a lot of abuse.

Gagballs

06-19-2012

The elo system was designed for 1v1 play (chess). Thus, it technically still works for ranked premade teams (so long as you play with the same humans every game). For ranked solo queue, not so much. The elo system was designed to take out all variables except for the skill level of the person who is being rated. With league of legends, a few variables are added that make the Elo system null and void. 1-Internet connectivity 2-Team mates 3-Computer quality. Obviously internet connectivity will always be an issue and computer quality is something everyone will have to deal with. however, the rating system could CERTAINLY be revised to at least mitigate the variable introduced with random teammates. If I had the data, I think I could design a system that calculated a rating based on Kill + Assist / Death ratios, as well as creep score and tower/inhib takedowns. A sad fact about a perfect rating system is that it would have to nullify any game that had a leaver, for both teams. (although there could be checks in place to make sure this wasn't abused, players leaving at the endgame to help their team's rating for example)

I've been playing for a bit more than two years now, and I certainly got screwed this season by the crappy elo system that's in place. I was in a similar situation to OP, got up to 1450 then 7 leavers in a row brought me down to 1100, hell bringing me down further. So now I just play normals and wait for next season.

tl;dr: A new system based on takedowns/deaths is in order.

Thanks for your time

Edit: @radish, Obviously the killsteal issue would be addressed by adding kills+ assists/deaths. Otherwise supports would be forever in elo hell lol.

Gankin

06-20-2012

I disagree with pretty much everything on this page. ELO system is fine based off win:loss ratio because that can prove that you can help support carry or what ever role lead on your team. Kill death ratio would just throw the ELO system completely off and everyone would wanna play carry, and wouldn't want to be support or tank. Kassadin... hes not broken, honestly when you said that I just about stop reading the article. IP, it should not be sold to players , it would just simpily make runes too easy to earn. RP reduction, League of Legends is free, come on now give it a break and it's home to probably the most free players that play role plays. Ranked dominion? That really doesn't sound like a comp if you ask me, stick with classic.

Hellfire777

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankin View Post
I disagree with pretty much everything on this page. ELO system is fine based off win:loss ratio because that can prove that you can help support carry or what ever role lead on your team. Kill death ratio would just throw the ELO system completely off and everyone would wanna play carry, and wouldn't want to be support or tank. Kassadin... hes not broken, honestly when you said that I just about stop reading the article. IP, it should not be sold to players , it would just simpily make runes too easy to earn. RP reduction, League of Legends is free, come on now give it a break and it's home to probably the most free players that play role plays. Ranked dominion? That really doesn't sound like a comp if you ask me, stick with classic.
About the ELO system, it wouldn't just be kill/death ratio, it would be kill+assist/death ratio. So far as this working out, it's clearly a great idea. The players who leave the game early, choose not to participate in team fights, feed, or anything else that causes low KDA would have low ELO. I agree with Kassadin not being overpowered, I've countered him easily in lane many times. I don't believe he mentioned anything about selling IP to players... simply having IP sales on champions in the same manner that there are RP sales. I, and hopefully many agree with me when I say, don't want players who spend money on a free game to have an advantage over me, just because they spend real money. That alone can cause a game to crash. Skins and amount of rune pages don't affect game play, and the full priced champions are expensive enough to not make a difference. But when there are sales on champions so players who choose to drop $100 on a free game have a straight advantage over other players because they have more choice of champions, this really affects game play.

AdamNW

06-20-2012

Quote:
1: When a team is down a player I suggest that the minions be enhanced, maybe siege unit every spawn. Or maybe all the minions gain an armor and attack boost. This would cause the other team to pay attention to other lanes instead of pushing straight down the middle and taking advantage of the 4v5. This buff could also stack.
So what's stopping a fed carry from disconnecting, waiting a couple minutes for those siege turrets to spawn, and then coming back and totally pooping on the enemy team?

Hellfire777

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagballs View Post
The elo system was designed for 1v1 play (chess). Thus, it technically still works for ranked premade teams (so long as you play with the same humans every game). For ranked solo queue, not so much. The elo system was designed to take out all variables except for the skill level of the person who is being rated. With league of legends, a few variables are added that make the Elo system null and void. 1-Internet connectivity 2-Team mates 3-Computer quality. Obviously internet connectivity will always be an issue and computer quality is something everyone will have to deal with. however, the rating system could CERTAINLY be revised to at least mitigate the variable introduced with random teammates. If I had the data, I think I could design a system that calculated a rating based on Kill + Assist / Death ratios, as well as creep score and tower/inhib takedowns. A sad fact about a perfect rating system is that it would have to nullify any game that had a leaver, for both teams. (although there could be checks in place to make sure this wasn't abused, players leaving at the endgame to help their team's rating for example)

I've been playing for a bit more than two years now, and I certainly got screwed this season by the crappy elo system that's in place. I was in a similar situation to OP, got up to 1450 then 7 leavers in a row brought me down to 1100, hell bringing me down further. So now I just play normals and wait for next season.

tl;dr: A new system based on takedowns/deaths is in order.

Thanks for your time

Edit: @radish, Obviously the killsteal issue would be addressed by adding kills+ assists/deaths. Otherwise supports would be forever in elo hell lol.
You, sir, are a genius. It's clear Riot could easily make a system like this for ELO. Damage dealt, damage healed, and hell, almost every single aspect of your game play is recorded. That being said, it kind of makes me wonder why Riot continues to claim our skill level is based solely off wins & losses. Especially when solo-queue is placed among duo-queue, so players who solo-queue ranked have an obvious and clear disadvantage. You should really consider creating your own thread for this subject, and if you do, please reply to this or add me in game and send me the link.