Choose one of the following:

I agree completely! 7 38.89%
I disagree, please post why. 7 38.89%
I agree with some of the discussed items. 1 5.56%
I agree with most of the discussed items 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

[Attention Riot] Issues Explained by Veteran Player!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

About Me: I have been playing this game for about a year and a half now and over my process of playing, being active in the champion creation forum, and talking with a few of my 180+ friends I have noticed a lot of flaws in LoL. I have made about 80 champions of my own, i'm on a team to make champions, and basically I am a big LoL nerd. As i love the game i do not mean to push away people from playing the game, but just to gain support in the areas i see heavily flawed.

Before i continue the suggestions i have will be on champions, game play,elo, and other misc. items of issue.

Suggestions:

ELO system: My experience with ranked matches are just awful, no other words to explain it. I went from an ELO of 1300 and lost 9 consecutive games because of Afk players or rage quit players. I am currently in a 1000 system and have some suggestions on how to rework the ELO system.

1: I do not believe in a system that is strictly based off of wins and loses, especially in a team game where losing 1 team member can throw the game. I think a new system should be put in part to count not only the win and lose sytem but it should also be affected kill to death ratio, and how one preforms in ranked matches. some players are just carried and other players carry their whole team but still can't 1v5 so this would allow a player who does good in a game to not be penalized greatly for losing if he did well.

2: I also think that more experienced players that have been playing the game longer should be able to gain elo more quickly if they are below say 1200 elo, this would allow people who know how the game works to keep up to a more average player game play without it dramatically effecting ranks in the overall elo board.

3: I have recently learned that dodging a Que will lose yourself Elo, but if your playing with troll players then your going to lose elo either way. As suggested by Ashqelon I suggest an amount of dodges, or a greater time to wait instead of losing elo, also dodging a ranked game should not keep you from playing a normal match.

4: I will explain more in the general gameplay section.

General gameplay:If you have a player that is laggy, has to leave, or just leaves because he rages, this system will help improve gameplay of a 4v5. I do not suggest all these be used, but maybe 1.

1: When a team is down a player I suggest that the minions be enhanced, maybe siege unit every spawn. Or maybe all the minions gain an armor and attack boost. This would cause the other team to pay attention to other lanes instead of pushing straight down the middle and taking advantage of the 4v5. This buff could also stack.

2: When a team is down a player I suggest that towers, the nexus, inhibitors become greatly increased on armor/health/health regen/damage/AS/etc. I also suggest that death time is dramatically reduced so that if a level 18 champion dies in a 4v5 it doesnt become a 3v5 for a long period of time that can end a game.

3: My last suggestion is that perhaps the player that leaves gets a smart bot, much like the intermediate bots, but instead of doing their own thing they play their role, and follow where the majority team is. This is much better then a 4v5 because everyone knows annie bot is op.

Champions:

1: also mentioned by Ashqelon, when more champions are released the amount of bans should go up. You may say "that will take forever to ban all those champions" well if they let you ban 2 at a time....it would be quicker. My suggestion on banning is that each player should be able to pick a list of 5 bans, if other people want those champs banned between the 2 teams then they should be banned. Say 3 people say kass should be banned, let it be! This would be faster, and would eliminate the captain controlling all bans.

*the rest of these are on individual champions and I will add more if I get support.

Akali - the only problem i have with her is that her stealth bubble lasts way too long and if you are about to kill her she can burst you down sit in the bubble and then burst you down again for a kill. And this allows her to snowball easily and dominate whole teams.

Blitzcrank - His role says melee fighter, but his only capability is support...he needs something to allow him to top and jungle more to fit his role better.

Evelynn - This suggestion is so simple...change her passive. Her passive is extremely useless because her main role is in the jungle but she does not take reduced damage from neutral monsters. My opinion is that she should take full damage from minions, and 25% less damage from neutral monsters. This will allow her to jungle more effectively and tank dragon and baron. My 2nd suggestion is maybe make her take less damage from turrets so she can dive?

fiora - I think fiora is balanced but the item tiamat can make her extremely too powerful in a team fight. I suggest changing tiamats passive into a unique passive and changing the stats on it, A melee weapon does not need health regeneration...it should be magic damage splash (so that armor piercing runes don't affect damage), and either attack speed/movement speed/ or more damage. Maybe even some defense like health/armor/or Mr/ or even tenacity.

Garen - To my attention this champion used to dominate top lanes has fallen off hard to champions like darius who can just slice through him like nothing. He just needs to be buffed and needs a crowd control other than silence. His spin also should not increase with crit, because garen should not be building phantom dancer which will give him that damage but he rarely auto attacks....and cannot auto attack while spinning.

Jax - I honestly think the jax that had his ultimate as more damage was soo much better...He is basically a full blown tank with tons of damage with his ultimate.. he can tower dive, jump, stun, avoid auto attacks....adding a huge tanky aspect to that is too much. And to be honest a steroid is just boring.

Karma - she has fallen off hard from being used, she is a great support but her ultimate actually limits her power and makes her underplayed.

Kass - he is obviously banned for a reason, and that reason being his a brick in the middle lane that is extremely hard to gank and is incredibly hard to be countered. between his teleport allowing him to get away from ganks, his 2.5 second silence that does plenty of damage and renders casters useless, his aoe slow that does huge damage and great slow, his sustain in mana, and his reduction to ap damage...as you can see he is clearly broken. My suggestions are increase damage on ult but also increase cooldown, slow less damage, silence less time, passive needs to be reworked completely, maybe remove the mana regen too. who honestly auto attacks with kass when u can poke and teleport out and do that non stop.

Leona - I love this champion and want to see her expand beyond support, i suggest a minor detail of changing her passive so that when she auto attacks the damage is dealt as well, then she can go top or even jungle!

Malzahar -I'm not sure if this is correct but I told our ad carry to get cleanse to counter him, but my friend said it didn't work against him...and honestly thats just dumb...if anything it would just make malz go for someone else.

Mordekaiser - he is my worst fear....he is a huge damage dealer but also one of the tankiest people in the game, i think his base stats need to be adjusted to make him weaker.

Miss fortune - totally has fallen off as an AD carry, and thats because all of her abilities do magic damage, and her last ability for how easily stoppable it is doesnt do that much damage for the area it affects. Nunu's area is much larger and is all around him and he does more damage, were you can just move to the side of Mf and kill her while she wastes her time.

Nunu - no one uses him because he fits very few rolls well, while his abilities can fit many rolls... his Q, is only usefull in the jungle which he can play, but he falls off hard late game.
his W plays in as a support mechanic, but why does it affect an ap carry/tank/jungler...His E can do tons of damage and has huge slow which is good in mid but thats his only damage before his ult....and then his ult is the 2nd most avoidable thin, exhaust him or flash out, or just stun him. Overall he needs a huge rework, i recomend letting his Q hit enemy champions for half the damage.

Sion - AD wise he is fine, just throw exhaust/ignite on him and Crowd control him to make him useless. But ap in lane he is a brick...his stun and shield are almost impossible to counter. I suggest the stun time be decreased to 1 second or the range be decreased.

Taric - this support was one of the best and now he is one of the worst. While his stun was unique and cool it is almost useless now. And his passive sustain is bad because you don't want to attack as a support. My suggestions are, his passive should increase mana regen by X amount when a minions is killed near him and even more for champions. his stun instead of doing more damage it should increase the stun time, so flash stun becomes a valuable thing. his heal should not decrease in cooldown each time you attack, but maybe everytime you get attacked.

Vayne - simple just increse her damage output, she used to dominate now she has no harass ability because she only has one ability that isn't on hit. Maybe increase her range?

Volibear - I personally hate this champion the most. He can stack health with atma's, and a wits, and do the most damage on the team as well as be the tankiest. He shouldn't scale off health in my opinion. And his passive saves his butt way too often...I would change it to he recovers an amount of damage after he is hit over 4 seconds, and can be used up to the last 4 damaging abilities...still makes him good, but doesn't allow him a second life.

Xerath - i think he fell off hard because his passive is kind of bad....why do you want armor if you are going mid against an AP carry. I suggest his passive have something to do with when he stands still. and his movement speed when he comes off his W lasts longer.

Xin Zhao - he has fallen off so hard and here is why. Late game he becomes so squishy that you don't want to use your charge.. honestly my opinions is when he charges he gains damage reduction, and his ultimate grant him armor/Magic reduction for each enemy hit as well as have on hit effects such as his Q, his passive, lifesteal, wits end, etc.

Draven: This one isn't serious but it is extremely hard to catch his axes, sometimes i feel like i would do more damage if i just forget about moving in between attacks to catch them and just attack so that i don't lose out on auto attacks.

Misc suggestions:
1:Make ranked dominion, not for tournament style play but just so you can get higher int he boards.

2: Look more into the champion concept page, I work there and its depressing to see lack of riot people taking our ideas, and when you do use our ideas give the players some credit will you? I know darius was taken completely off a champion in the forum as well as volibear.

3: If i submit a ticket, answer it riot, I've sent in about 5 tickets and have gotten no responses..as a customer that makes me feel ignored...

4: Price reduction sale for IP as well as Rp.

5: i would like to know my match history with my friends to remember why i became friend with them in the first place.

6: add achievements! hurry up with that, I am an achievement ***** and i wanna collect em all!

7: make more maps, kind bored of the same 3...make something new like maybe 10v10, or 5v5v5. or just a map that changes or something...see thehobbit's map idea for more detail.

More suggestions by Ashqelon:

1: My suggestion for the leaver situation was inspired by paragonrice on page 10. If there is a leaver, loss forgiven mechanics are then implemented. For example, in a 4v5, if the team with 5 on their team wins, they get half the elo for winning; alternatively the team with 4 on their team lose no elo because of the complete unbalance in the game against their favor. If the team with 4 wins, everything acts as normal because it shouldn't give them half elo for winning a 4v5.

2: Allow blacklisting so you can add people you wish to not be queued with. This is a long time request by many different players. Ignore list should equal blacklist, yet I have been queued with someone I put on my ignore list. It has been stated that there are complication with the implementation of a system like this by riot employees. A big thread devoted to just this subject is found here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1086669

3: During the champion select screen, 3-4 votes should be used to boot a player who is obviously trolling. 3 votes should be necessary to kick a person who duo queued so that it is possible to kick that person because a duo partner will not choose to kick his partner

If I forgot anything, or you disagree please let me know with a comment, support would be appreciated.

It's come to my attention that stability of the client is also an issue, where sometimes you cannot report people because chat is down and you are sent directly home. -Verandure.

Papatang0 has brought to my attention that mastery pages need to be up kept with amount of rune pages which have increased with the increasing different runes. -Papatang0

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

saved

Bigg Fuddgee

06-07-2012

I am aware of that. Why i posted here >.< I saw ashqelon have a suggestion thread with support, and i needed to express my regards towards the games flaws somehow. And wouldn't bugs be posted in bug report? while this is more on the pvp area in general.

Verandure

06-07-2012

I had a brain splat -- thought I was in the bug report board for some reason. I'm shocked that they DON'T have a "Suggestions" forum, but those are generally ignored anyways. The Malzahar thing makes me sad T.T It's so easy to get out of the ult during a team fight, don't cleanse me bro!

I'm shocked that the stability of the client didn't make it onto your list. I personally disconnect all the time and have seen the post-game screen approximately 7 times out of many many many games. Because of this, I've been unable to report trolls who have ruined games.

Bigg Fuddgee

06-07-2012

That's true! ive seen games where i am sent directly home so i cannot report.

and i understand in a team fight its easily stopped...but 1v1 malz ult makes him virtually unstoppable...you can cleanse amumu's ult and i even think WW's ult...why not malz? if anything they could make his ult do a burst damage right away but then keep them stunned that way if its stopped it still does its damage.

Verandure

06-07-2012

Other suggestions would be: more maps. We have 99 champions -- PLEASE, make more maps while the champion dev. team works on balancing those that are already out. There are a plethora of options for maps: Capture the Flag, three team summoner's rift, Tower defense... etc. This game is based on an RTS custom map, why not make it a conglomerate of the custom maps that a ton of people enjoy? (The tower defense would likely be the most difficult to implement).

Bigg Fuddgee

06-07-2012

I actually have that posted, i think it would be cool to have people like create their own maps like SC2 and Warcraft, like a custom game.

PapaTang0

06-08-2012

Been playing for a while, and what I would appreciate is an equal number of mastery pages to the number of rune pages one is allowed to have or has. The maximum number of rune pages was raised to 20 I believe. I have 11, and it's a little annoying that I need to redo masteries in queue at times.

Bigg Fuddgee

06-08-2012

I'll add that as well, i honestly don't buy rune pages because they are so freaking expensive...but i'll add it none the less

Bigg Fuddgee

06-10-2012

disagree with no post sounds like troll....bump