Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

perry mason1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

+1. Dominion is way more fun to play, especially if you are by yourself. Nothing is worse than going into SR to play with four people you don't know.

TaIont

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
The problem with dominion is that once you rise in ELO you wait longer in queue than you spend playing games. :'(

I'm up to around 90 minutes waiting for blind solo queue. I will never be matched for a draft game ever (tried for 7 hours once).
Yeah this is a great warning too if you are good you have a lot of time to think about it.

Hoosier

06-07-2012

I actually enjoy farming in this game... So to each their own.

Rebonack

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBellAssasin View Post
dominion is a very nice change of pace, but summoners rift will always be the default map. the game is basically balanced around SR, all the tourney's are there and some champs are not balanced on dominion, making it very frustrating sometimes
People keep saying this, but it isn't as true as you might believe.

The vast majority of champs that have been nerfed of late happen to be VERY strong on Dominion as well. In fact, quite a few of the broken builds that General Discussion complains about where often times used frequently on Dominion before they were picked up by Rift.

Urgot? Jax? Koggles? All extremely powerful Dominion picks. Janna? Rammus? Wolfy? All top of the line champions for Dominion and they have all been hit with the nerf hammer.

Yes, the game is technically balanced around Summoner's Rift. But the only thing Rift has that Dominion doesn't is Jungling and jungle objectives. Everything else that matters (Duelist ability, gank power, team fighting, defending a tower, lane domination) is also important in Dominion.

Graiskye

06-07-2012

I like a 40 minute game, I like full builds too.

Quote:
Everything else that matters (Duelist ability, gank power, team fighting, defending a tower, lane domination) is also important in Dominion.
It may matter the same, but Riot is not balancing for Dominion.

Phourc

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graiskye View Post
I like a 40 minute game, I like full builds too.

It may matter the same, but Riot is not balancing for Dominion.
In Dom you get your full build in 20-25 minutes xP

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
People keep saying this, but it isn't as true as you might believe.

The vast majority of champs that have been nerfed of late happen to be VERY strong on Dominion as well. In fact, quite a few of the broken builds that General Discussion complains about where often times used frequently on Dominion before they were picked up by Rift.

Urgot? Jax? Koggles? All extremely powerful Dominion picks. Janna? Rammus? Wolfy? All top of the line champions for Dominion and they have all been hit with the nerf hammer.

Yes, the game is technically balanced around Summoner's Rift. But the only thing Rift has that Dominion doesn't is Jungling and jungle objectives. Everything else that matters (Duelist ability, gank power, team fighting, defending a tower, lane domination) is also important in Dominion.
Incoming lulu top FotM

Foxichu

06-07-2012

People in SR think that there is no Dominion meta, that there is no team comp, and that it's just a free for all. That's why Dominion gets no respect, and that's why we get trash SR players coming into Dominion with Flash/Ignite. They think they do well on a Dominion game when they are top of the team, or have the most caps. That's NOT what Dominion is about, and people who take the time to learn about Dominion end up liking it. /thread.

Cauldrath

06-07-2012

The main difference, skill-wise, between Classic and Dominion is that Classic has a lot of set play. Most of the things you learn to do in SR are basically just a checklist of the right and wrong way to do things and the one who wins is the one who is better at doing more right things than wrong things, with little regard to what the other person is doing. Dominion is more fluid in that the skill is figuring out what is or isn't the right thing to do at a given time, there's more things to pay attention to, more hidden information, and all parts of the game are roughly equally important. Classic is complex, with less depth, while Dominion is simpler, but with more depth. Generally game designers consider complexity a bad thing while depth is a good thing, and I agree, thus, I play Dominion.

Kato75

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

here
have a upvote