Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

06-07-2012

*bump*

Ricks023

06-07-2012

I do not like Dominion myself...
Tbh I find it less fun, and less skill-based. Especially the scoring system....

Insanus

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndtrooper View Post
Great game indeed.
My take on Dominion is its great for solo queue, however It's just more fun to play a SR with a group of people you know than Dominion.
I disagree. I love getting a premade together and running Dominion. You will typically get matched up with another premade and it's like a timed chess match. Anyone who says that there is no strategy in Dominion has not actually played much Dominion. Also, I like that there is no set meta. I am in the high mid elo range and I see new strategies all the time. I don't hate SR. I played SR. I enjoyed it. I just can't do it anymore. Dominion is so fast paced. SR feels like driving a go kart after you having been driving a stock car all day. As someone else said, to each their own.

Insanus

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks023 View Post
Scoring system is stupid. I'll give you that. No legit Dominion player would ever even mention a players good or bad score.

MoeRonn

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks023 View Post
Why would you find it less skill based in comparison to Summoners Rift?

Lisztomaniac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by accuracy1st View Post
plus i feel dominion is alot more random and chaotic, and there is no point where you feel in control which is the fun I get from summoner's rift.

dominion reminds me of the game bloodline champions, a game i don't find fun to play.
bloodline champions fight require more skill than lol fights, maybe not the entire game but fights do, and since BLC is all about fights, i think it acomplishes its goal.

i find it funny how much people dis on BLC but get exited at diablo 3 release, BLC is essentailly diablo pvp, just taken to another lvl.

LuckyTofu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

i wonder what will happen once they implement ranked solo queue dominion

MMKH

06-07-2012

Once you go Dominion, you never go back. It is really a refreshing experience where you can experiment on unconventional builds and play a champ in an unexpected role.

AbyssionKnight

06-07-2012

I also love Dominion.

My only issue with it is that I get a lot more afk's in spawn and / or leavers. A lot of people have that 'its just dominion' mindset and don't care at all about the game mode...which is really frustrating.

Otherwise I find it a lot more fun / enjoyable~

Talith PA

06-07-2012

The problem with dominion is that once you rise in ELO you wait longer in queue than you spend playing games. :'(

I'm up to around 90 minutes waiting for blind solo queue. I will never be matched for a draft game ever (tried for 7 hours once).