Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggly Johnson

06-07-2012

LOL, i don't do dominion cause it is alot more frustrating to lose, and less satisfying if you win. than summoner's rift. This is just my take on it.

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
It really annoys me how it is difficult/impossible to capture a point if there is an enemy champion around. But I like playing AI matches in it for FOTD and to test a new champion since the bots don't endlessly harass and backdoor.
Depends heavily on the champ defending and who you are; Urgot, for example, is pretty solid at shoving most defenders off by sheer ranged attrition.

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBake Champion View Post
So you want constant action with short games where the real goal is to capture points but everyone just runs around killing each other anyway.

That sounds like some other game that gets released once every year regardless of improvement.
To be frank, yes I do like a bit of team deathmatch. Last I checked, Call of Duty was War: The Game though. boooo-ring....

Jiggly Johnson

06-07-2012

plus i feel dominion is alot more random and chaotic, and there is no point where you feel in control which is the fun I get from summoner's rift.

dominion reminds me of the game bloodline champions, a game i don't find fun to play.

A Swarm of Koala

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaros View Post
i stopped playing dominion because it's super easy to win if you have half a brain, but all the bads who cant play SR play dominion and just act retarded in dominion thinking you just never stop pushing.

anyone who played AB in WoW at all know how to win dominion every time.
Ever notice how it's the people who don't play dominion that think there's no strategy?
And I got news for you bud, but an organized team in AB would always beat the Zergers.

Beardley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

For some reason i really don't care if i win or lose dominion, which is why i find it enjoyable.
Not to mention it's much more fast paced and less farm-centric than SR.

I do however hate that champs aren't balanced around Dominion whatsoever. As far as im concerned there are a great deal of champs that are just plain broken on dom.

GodsInsanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I don't make as many mistakes as I used to but I only got raged at once in recent memory, and that was for not rushing lichbane as Fizz (not smart, don't get me started...)

So basically, PvP not PvE? Sounds like what i signed up for :P
sigh.. saying SR is PvE .. LOL you should go play some fighting games on console or whatever

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by accuracy1st View Post
plus i feel dominion is alot more random and chaotic, and there is no point where you feel in control which is the fun I get from summoner's rift.

dominion reminds me of the game bloodline champions, a game i don't find fun to play.
Tried that, was hideous. Half an hour I'll never get back...

(i mean cmon, you're trying to make a fast paced game then every single skill needs a half second + of channeling? even autos? o.O)

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsInsanity View Post
sigh.. saying SR is PvE .. LOL you should go play some fighting games on console or whatever
Roll into lane. Lasthit creeps and try and harass enemy while dodging their harass. Still focus on creeps though because they're more important for the first 20 minutes (15 if not bot).

Alternatively: Roll up to a camp, kill it, rinse repeat. Intersperse scaring lanes with ganks. Hammer that jungle though because you'll fall behind if you don't clear it like a maniac.

TaIont

06-07-2012

Wanna get better at team fights? Go play dominion. Want to not want to surrender after you lose one team fight? Go play dominion. Oh you hate it when you own your lane but the other lanes suck. Well if only there was a game mode that eliminated that. I don't get why people think dominion is chaotic if anything the fights are planned out a lot better unless you get randomly caught in the jungle which you shouldn't be. Most people who flame it have never actually played it but trust me dom players are monsters in team fights.