Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaw View Post
MY ONE BEEF with Dominion is that it seems much harder to win with a bad team.
It is so so much harder to solo carry in Dominion. A single death snowballs so hard in this mode. A hole in defense, when capitalized, can flip a game around and it may never go back. It is x100 times harder to assault than defend.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nip the Zephyr

Senior Member

06-08-2012

I've been playing it more because it is less stress/time commitment. I like Summoner's Rift more, but it takes far more mental effort for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deedsie

Senior Member

06-08-2012

I play Dominion far more than SR largely to time constraints, and I prefer to have a much lesser chance of being bothered to do something while in the middle of a game, and having less time needed to finish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaw View Post
On dominion Its just really frustrating to LITERALLY 3v1 people top lane over and over and lose because my team has 4 bot and can't hold bot 4v2, OUR OWN BOT.

Its ridiculous. Meanwhile i'm at windmill killing 3 of the enemy champions while the other two on my team are randomly sitting in a brush in the jungle expecting to jump someone and being useless.

Also its very hard to carry on Dominion as an AD carry.

Jax, Fizz, and Kass are broken as all hell on this map.
The trick is to be where the enemy team isn't (no, not the standard backcapping). If you see your guys are holding mid but can't take top, swing bot and take their bottom. Unless your allies are totally hopeless, you get bot and the enemy has to pull enough off of mid/top for you to turn around and regain the normal 3 points.

I'd avoid AD carrying on dominion unless you can duo with someone who can tank; AD carries wreck but only so long as they aren't squished.

Fizz can't really handle bruisers who build MR (doubly effective since most fizzes just get the sorc shoes). Don't run around chasing him; he'll outrun you an wear you down with Qs. I'm a fizz main (inasmuch as someone who doesn't play the same character for more than a few games can be said to have a main) and I absolutely hate seeing [insert bruiser here] with 2500-3000 health, 150 MR, and no way for me to kill them.

Jax and Kass are definitely very annoying though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh411 View Post
Cons:
-The moment 1 person is afk on your team, it's most likely you lose.
-Very team comp based. Much like twisted treeline, there is always a tier of champions that seem to dominate every game. Dominion wise, it's usually jax or pantheon.
-A lot of people don't take dominion seriously so they end up doing unusual builds. E.g. AD Kass
-No warmogs. GG Mundo.
To be fair, one AFK toasts SR as well :x

And I still say AD kass has potential, I just need to find the right build lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamJarsook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2012

I think I would play dominion more if my computer could run it a little bit better. I have bad framerates for the first few minutes on the Crystal Scar and that really hinders an early lead for my team. I will probably play it more when I have a better setup, but for the moment I will have to stick to Summoner's Rift.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICastShadows

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Dominion is fun. When I play dominion I think, this is what riot intended. I love dominion. So much fun.

It's not as competitive though, and noone really ever gets fed.

My only gripe is not many people know how to play or why the meta is what it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
And I still say AD kass has potential, I just need to find the right build lol
Have to disagree with you there. Why stand and DPS on a assassin with the best mobility in game?

His mobility is what makes him OP. Going AD is counter-intuitive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vsin

Senior Member

06-08-2012

My big beef with Dominion is the scoring system. There just isn't any way for this to work without heavily emphasizing inappropriate actions.

For example, the guy holding bot will, 99% of the time, have the worst score on the team. Neutralizing points WITHOUT CAPTURING THEM actually maximizes your point income. Kills >>>> Defense. And so forth and so on.

A first-timer Dominion game is just fights happening everywhere for no rasin. A beginner Dominion game is a constant brawl over Top. A real Dominion game is extremely dynamic and a good team is capable of pressuring and defending all the points.

To people who say Dominion has no depth: if all you knew about Summoner's Rift was that kills are good (ie: 90% of people who play MOBAs for the first time) wouldn't you find that boring as well?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICastShadows

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
The trick is to be where the enemy team isn't (no, not the standard backcapping). If you see your guys are holding mid but can't take top, swing bot and take their bottom. Unless your allies are totally hopeless, you get bot and the enemy has to pull enough off of mid/top for you to turn around and regain the normal 3 points.

I'd avoid AD carrying on dominion unless you can duo with someone who can tank; AD carries wreck but only so long as they aren't squished.

Fizz can't really handle bruisers who build MR (doubly effective since most fizzes just get the sorc shoes). Don't run around chasing him; he'll outrun you an wear you down with Qs. I'm a fizz main (inasmuch as someone who doesn't play the same character for more than a few games can be said to have a main) and I absolutely hate seeing [insert bruiser here] with 2500-3000 health, 150 MR, and no way for me to kill them.

Jax and Kass are definitely very annoying though.



To be fair, one AFK toasts SR as well :x

And I still say AD kass has potential, I just need to find the right build lol
I agreee that jax and panth are the kings of dominion right now. TF is also up there and draven does surprisingly well with the right team. Supports aren't really viable though.

Also strange builds for sure but that's cause noone gets fed, (too much) so you wont fall off if your build sucks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
My big beef with Dominion is the scoring system. There just isn't any way for this to work without heavily emphasizing inappropriate actions.
Removing Martyr would go a long way to higher accuracy IMO. Nine times out of ten its a bad idea to die on point, unless help is arriving.

Quote:
TF is also up there
Not really at all. More like TF is down there. Too squishy. Too short range.