Why I switched to maining Dominion

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

06-07-2012

* You don't spend 15 minutes playing mostly PvE before you get to the good part
* You don't get to watch their jungle towerdive you 3x because [insert other lane here] fed 5 kills in 10 minutes and they know you're the only competent player on the team
* You can still have some fun even if you're going to lose (any one-sided SR game is 5 minutes of "play" then 15 minutes of stomp where you can't actually do anything useful but you also can't surrender)
* You can usually still be useful even if you get counterpicked, that is if you're smart about avoiding your counter
* You don't get the role you're good at playing copped because the people above you who have 2-5 more ELO than you go "omg pick order is only thing that matters, so stuff it"

inb4 downvote dogpile and/or moving to Dom forums

Hyru

06-07-2012

You forgot to mention inb4 troll post. Because that's exactly what this looks like.

The Fizznity

06-07-2012

Why is it a trollpost...?

Every single thing I said is completely true. I might have a slight edge but that's to counter the prevalent "dom sux" attitude in GD :x

I also forgot to mention:
* The community isn't as prone to go nuclear if you make mistakes

CausticSushi

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Why is it a trollpost...?

Every single thing I said is completely true. I might have a slight edge but that's to counter the prevalent "dom sux" attitude in GD :x

I also forgot to mention:
* The community isn't as prone to go nuclear if you make mistakes
Just not true.

Dragonsafe

06-07-2012

Dominion is a good board game.

Oh u mean the map... well it's different and therefore attracts a different audience.

crimsonhunter

06-07-2012

I also play Dominion more than normals, i feel i get more fun in less time. Can play three matches in an hour and the action starts right away.

TacoBellAssassin

06-07-2012

dominion is a very nice change of pace, but summoners rift will always be the default map. the game is basically balanced around SR, all the tourney's are there and some champs are not balanced on dominion, making it very frustrating sometimes

not to mention the games are so frustratingly close sometimes, i just hate winning by like 100 then all of a sudden its 13-13 and you cant control the desicions your team makes. i really like winning so when i go 13-0 in SR, its not the same as going 13-0 in dominion.. you can still lose

Woot Elite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
* You don't spend 15 minutes playing mostly PvE before you get to the good part
* You don't get to watch their jungle towerdive you 3x because [insert other lane here] fed 5 kills in 10 minutes and they know you're the only competent player on the team
* You can still have some fun even if you're going to lose (any one-sided SR game is 5 minutes of "play" then 15 minutes of stomp where you can't actually do anything useful but you also can't surrender)
* You can usually still be useful even if you get counterpicked, that is if you're smart about avoiding your counter
* You don't get the role you're good at playing copped because the people above you who have 2-5 more ELO than you go "omg pick order is only thing that matters, so stuff it"

inb4 downvote dogpile and/or moving to Dom forums
dominion is okay, but it's not that hard to win. It's all about just moving from node to node Not about getting money and farming.

The Fizznity

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CausticSushi View Post
Just not true.
I don't make as many mistakes as I used to but I only got raged at once in recent memory, and that was for not rushing lichbane as Fizz (not smart, don't get me started...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot Elite View Post
dominion is okay, but it's not that hard to win. It's all about just moving from node to node Not about getting money and farming.
So basically, PvP not PvE? Sounds like what i signed up for :P

Houndtrooper

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsafe View Post
Dominion is a good board game.

Oh u mean the map... well it's different and therefore attracts a different audience.
Great game indeed.
My take on Dominion is its great for solo queue, however It's just more fun to play a SR with a group of people you know than Dominion.

1234511 ... 18