Is darius an op char ?

Yes 795 67.20%
No 388 32.80%
Voters: 1183. You may not vote on this poll

Darius Op ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Chaingang

06-13-2012

Hes one of the strongest on TT, but I dont think he's OP as a champion.

K K0

06-14-2012

Everyone who plays him will say/vote no which is A LOT of people.

MagicBreadRoll

06-14-2012

I tend to just stay the hell away from Darius.
Does that kill him...nope.
But i'm still alive 0_o

Dviation

06-14-2012

His ult still needs tuning. 1000 true damage is too much.

Other than that, he's fine.

#PlayingYorickTillFixed

Lorthix

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy exx S View Post
His ult still needs tuning. 1000 true damage is too much.

Other than that, he's fine.

#PlayingYorickTillFixed
You do realize to do 1000 damage with his ult he would have to have 5 stacks on you and have over 215 Bonus AD? If he has that much AD he wont have much, if any, defensive stats and you can blow him up with a slight breeze

Dviation

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
You do realize to do 1000 damage with his ult he would have to have 5 stacks on you and have over 215 Bonus AD? If he has that much AD he wont have much, if any, defensive stats and you can blow him up with a slight breeze
215 bonus ad isn't hard. I can get that with bruiser tank build easy. Atmas works wonders.

Also his attacks also stack the bleed, Q, auto attack, reset timer with W and you have 3 stacks within 2 seconds.

Lorthix

06-14-2012

Quote:
215 bonus ad isn't hard. I can get that with bruiser tank build easy. Atmas works wonders.

Also his attacks also stack the bleed, Q, auto attack, reset timer with W and you have 3 stacks within 2 seconds.
With Atma's you would need 14,300 Health, I don't think you would be able to get it that easily. An IE, 2 Bloodthirsters, Atma's and a Frozen Mallet would get you there, but that is an insanely expensive build that you would never be able to finish. So no, 1000 damage on his ult is completely unreasonable because no one who could build like that would build like that

Dviation

06-14-2012

Quote:
With Atma's you would need 14,300 Health, I don't think you would be able to get it that easily. An IE, 2 Bloodthirsters, Atma's and a Frozen Mallet would get you there, but that is an insanely expensive build that you would never be able to finish. So no, 1000 damage on his ult is completely unreasonable because no one who could build like that would build like that
Because as Darius the only AD bonus you get is from atmas right?..

I'm not sure what his base AD is, i'll go with a generic number, lets say 70. Lets say you get Boots, then for the sake of playing on TT you get wriggles (+23), then you grab Frozen Mallet (+22), then you grab a Maw (+55) and because you're Darius and you get killing blows all day, lets say you bought a Doran's Blade (+10) too.

Before you even add in the bonus from Atma's you're at a good 180 for about 8625 gold. With the cost of Atmas, 2355g, that comes to 10,980g. And you still have a slot left from selling your Dorans and after Atma's it's a safe bet you're above 200, while you're also very tanky.

11k is about the usual amount I end up with every completed game so that build is farm from impossible.

Edit, not even accounting for masteries, and probably AD runes too, since you get ARP from your passive.

Lorthix

06-14-2012

Quote:
Because as Darius the only AD bonus you get is from atmas right?..

I'm not sure what his base AD is, i'll go with a generic number, lets say 70. Lets say you get Boots, then for the sake of playing on TT you get wriggles (+23), then you grab Frozen Mallet (+22), then you grab a Maw (+55) and because you're Darius and you get killing blows all day, lets say you bought a Doran's Blade (+10) too.

Before you even add in the bonus from Atma's you're at a good 180 for about 8625 gold. With the cost of Atmas, 2355g, that comes to 10,980g. And you still have a slot left from selling your Dorans and after Atma's it's a safe bet you're above 200, while you're also very tanky.

11k is about the usual amount I end up with every completed game so that build is farm from impossible.

Edit, not even accounting for masteries, and probably AD runes too, since you get ARP from your passive.
That would be all well and good if BONUS AD included your base AD, but seeing as it doesn't your build has you at 110 Bonus AD (going from your 180 number), just about half what you would need to do 1000 true damage with his ult. Sorry but you're just wrong here

Dviation

06-14-2012

Quote:
That would be all well and good if BONUS AD included your base AD, but seeing as it doesn't your build has you at 110 Bonus AD (going from your 180 number), just about half what you would need to do 1000 true damage with his ult. Sorry but you're just wrong here
You didn't account for the AD bonus from Atma's either. I stand corrected, since it is bonus AD.

110 from items
Lets say 8.5 additional ad from runes and 3 from the offensive tree.
122 AD now

Darius at 18 has 2100 hp
2800 after frozen mallet, 2880 after dorans, and me personally I use base health on bruisers to make them beefier so add another 80. Which comes to 2960 hp at 18. 1.5% of that hp is 44.4. Now we add that in.

So after atmas a total of 166 AD.

Noxian guillotine does ((340 base at 18 + (.75 bonus AD)) + (20% multiplied by X amount of stacks))

Assuming 181 bonus AD, (166 * .75) = 124.8 + 340 = 464.8
20% of that is 92.96 multiply that by the number of stacks, assuming 5 = 464.8 additional damage

Total = 929.6 damage

Looks like I was spot on to me.

Also I'm not QQing about Darius, I think his ult is a bit over tuned but his kit is pretty balanced and his lack of escape mechanics and ability to be kited make up for the ult, but I do think it still needs to be tuned down a bit.