[Guide] Kassadin for aggressive solo queuers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kharnath

10-31-2009

Quote:
The same goes for you. Why would u need magic resistance if there is no magic damage? Dota has spell damage and spell resistance.
I'm not even going to attempt to bother insulting you over such stupidity on your part. Spell Damage/Resistance = Magic Damage/Resistance. Two ways to say what is the EXACT SAME THING.

Also DotA's "resist" is percentage based, and there is no way to totally negate a spell caster permanently with it, like you can with resistance here.

I was running around with about 220 Magic Resistance (incredibly easy to get) on a Cho'Gath, making the entire enemy team tickle.

Resistance in this game is too strong.

Emergencia

Herr Ljere

10-31-2009

i see u dont get the sarcasm in my reply.

Im just gonna quote you again and you figure out what is wrong with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
First and foremost, THERE IS NO MAGIC RESIST IN DOTA, THERE IS HERE.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emergencia View Post
This is what happens when you get a Sivir on your team willing to push 7 towers.

Kharnath

10-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
This is what happens when you get a Sivir on your team willing to push 7 towers.
I haven't played with a half decent Sivir in... well forever...

Back to the subject of towers though; all casters need an improvement in the tower push factor...

Tanks get durability so they can stand there and whack on a tower longer in the presence of enemies (or even backdoor)

Melee Carries tower pushing abilities scale with their hero killing capabilities, to the point of champions like Jax and Yi able to take out towers in the blink of an eye.

Yet (aside Sivir, and Ryze) Support/AP users are left with a crappy AP -> Tower damage ratio, making them useless in the pushing game.

As much as I love wiping the floor with the enemy team, tower downs win games, not kills.

this isn't DotA broskie

Ruuha

11-28-2009

Thank you Rambo for this guide, it suits my play style well and is a bunch of fun to play even when in bad pubs.

I am interested in mid-game and item choice. While being aggressive and stealing peoples faces for your collection in the void is great more often than not around 13-15 there is a tendency to turtle and group up to stop easy ganks.

This is fair enough I guess but I have tried out a Mejai after boots, sheen and RoA are finished to try and add some punch to counter the 5 man up. The mana gain from a kill is outstanding and adds so much time to my being in the fight, porting in and out and the general presence in the lane/fight, harassing with void sphere on the casters to keep them low on health that kind of thing.

I was wondering if any one has different tactics for this type of play (13-15 group up turtle/gank squad) and any suggestions for 4th item choices. My other option would be to rush Nashor's Tooth to keep my void sphere in their face for more of the time. After this item I generally build lich-bane and then its 18 and win/loose.

ElmoDaBigNig

06-18-2010

This guide helped me alot, I just got kass 2 days ago and I sucked hard with him, and my friends have been gone lately for a while. I used advice for your playstyle of him and that "Playing to be Evil guide" and finally had my first great game with Kass. 11/1/8 with the most assists and my only death being from a turret endgame, near last 30 seconds, thank you.

rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-20-2010

np

Retribution

08-10-2010

Quote:

Er... yes, there is. Hood of defiance, Kadgar's pipe, AM and Pudge's skill resist..

Brigadeer

10-30-2010

Quote:
So much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

It is IGNORANT to say there is such a thing as too much power in this game. Comparing Kassadin with "too much AP" to a Dagon WD.

Secondly it is MUCH easier to stack health in LoL

Finally THE MAIN POINT OF SOULSTEALER IS NOT FOR THE AP, IT'S FOR STEALING ALL THE MANA FROM A SLAIN CHAMPION.

Melee Kassadin is not good, not now, not ever. Not to mention, WHY IN ALL HELL WOULD YOU MAX SPHERE BEFORE PULSE?! Pulse is Kassadin's most powerful spell, his Coup De Grac. It, along with riftwalk, is what gets Kassadin his early kills. Not Spehere! Sphere is for harrasment, a silence, not a primary nuke.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of saying soulstealer is too much power while you go on to get a lichbane? REALLY?! You decide to roll a melee kass (any build that prioritizes lichbane is a melee build, you can't say otherwise) that is reliant on lichbane procs to do damage; and you turn down extra damage?

I know I'm sounding like a jerk, but guides like this, **** like this; breeds BAD PLAYERS

- First and foremost, THERE IS NO MAGIC RESIST IN DOTA, THERE IS HERE.

Have you ever played DOTA?

- Secondly it is MUCH easier to stack health in LoL

Same as 1st. Try to get 5k hp with 100hp regen per sec in LoL. DOTA tanks could easily with Heart

- Melee Kassadin is not good, not now, not ever. Not to mention, WHY IN ALL HELL
WOULD YOU MAX SPHERE BEFORE PULSE?! Pulse is Kassadin's most powerful spell, his Coup De Grac. It, along with riftwalk, is what gets Kassadin his early kills. Not Spehere! Sphere is for harrasment, a silence, not a primary nuke.

Did you know one of the best Kass player has a melee oriented build?
Sphere has twice the range, silences (you really need that +5% slow per lvl when you can tele every 2 sec?) and if your opponent has minimal skills, he won't spam useless spells jsut to harass on you seeing you maxed Pulse 1st

- Not to mention the hypocrisy of saying soulstealer is too much power while you go on to get a lichbane? REALLY?! You decide to roll a melee kass (any build that prioritizes lichbane is a melee build, you can't say otherwise) that is reliant on lichbane procs to do damage; and you turn down extra damage?

Have you ever heard of balance kid? You know, it's like life, what's the point of having money if you can't share it? What's the point of dishing out MASSIVE damage if you're dead? And would you rather be able to throw your 3 nukes, dish out 1k damage then run, or would rather nuke for 700 and smack people in the face for 250 dmg per swing?
A GOOD player will not run after you burst him, so YOU will have to ***** out until CD is back, which means more time for backup coming, him escaping.

- I know I'm sounding like a jerk, but guides like this, **** like this; breeds BAD PLAYERS

Yeah you really sound like one. Oh by the way, bad players judge before knowing. Have you tried his guide?