[Guide] Kassadin for aggressive solo queuers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kharnath

Senior Member

10-30-2009

I guess I was a little harsh, and don't get me wrong I can see the intent. I just loath the idea of relying on Lich Bane for kills.

So I apologize for my... harsh... reaction.

Solo-queuing with Kassadin can be very iffy... As I've mentioned in previous threads I don't pick my champions until the rest of my team has done so; if it seems balanced enough I pick Kassadin.

I can support this guide as long as COMPETENT players use it... I've seen many a terrible Kassadin trying similiar builds. But I will always prefer a Soulstealer AP based build :P

I would suggest getting a Frozen Heart though; if you're going to be in the fray then the extra armor and the attack speed slow would be integral (The CD reduction is a beauty too) And I will always be a firm supporter of -CD on Kass.



ALL IN ALL I think RIOT needs to look back on their AP -> Tower Damage ratio, casters as a whole (save for Ryze) suffer too much against towers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
This.

Now, I haven't experimented with a pusher Kassadin, or a Kassadin that can tower worth a damn, but now I have a goal. I want to see if I can make an anti-tower Kass.

You've intrigued me.
by all means, be my guest. it's the only thing kass is missing and if someone figures out a good build, I guarantee you people will start QQing and asking for nerfs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kharnath

Senior Member

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
by all means, be my guest. it's the only thing kass is missing and if someone figures out a good build, I guarantee you people will start QQing and asking for nerfs.
People already scream op in games about Riftwalk... lol...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-30-2009

Remember, all you need is a tower hungry Yi to be viable with a pure champion slaying Kassadin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kharnath

Senior Member

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Remember, all you need is a tower hungry Yi to be viable with a pure champion slaying Kassadin.
Agreed.

And nothing is funnier than having a Yi ult and chase you from their inhibitor to your base only to be owned by a 1k Riftwalk, 800 damage Force Pulse, and 500 damage Void Sphere.

Yi's always think Highlander makes them invincible... I usually prove them wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
Agreed.

And nothing is funnier than having a Yi ult and chase you from their inhibitor to your base only to be owned by a 1k Riftwalk, 800 damage Force Pulse, and 500 damage Void Sphere.

Yi's always think Highlander makes them invincible... I usually prove them wrong.
I ment on your team. Having a tower hungry Yi that's always pushing and taking down towers when you're playing Kassadin is like god's gift.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holepuncher

Senior Member

10-30-2009

So I've just played a few solo queue games with this build and slight variations on it....

While I disagree with some item choices and some aspects of the skill order, I have definitely seen how lichbane can take Kassadin from a terrible tower pusher to a half-decent one.

Here are the pros and cons of getting lichbane that I noticed:

+ Kassadin can now push towers
+ rifting on top of someone and melee hitting them for 500ish in late game is pretty fun
- less hp/mp, therefore lower sustainability and more difficult to get multi-ganks
- magic resist and increased attack speed feel like wasted stats
- less AP than other items you could put in that spot (although in practice this difference isn't a big deal)

Overall, I do like the added versatility lichbane provides. While I plan to stick to my version of Senate's AP spike build in arranged 5 man games, I'll get lichbane in solo queues from now on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kharnath

Senior Member

10-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
I ment on your team. Having a tower hungry Yi that's always pushing and taking down towers when you're playing Kassadin is like god's gift.
Chain of thought my good chum, while I understood your intent, it sent my mind towards a similar subject!

INDUBITABLY!!

Also one of you two needs to keep tabs on what happens to Kassadin in the next few months! I leave for basic training in 8 days and I need to be debriefed when I return!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-31-2009

just stack rod of ages. lichbane doesn't work well with rod of ages because rod doesn't give that much ap.

if you really want to push tower, try a atma's impaler after 2 or more rod of ages.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herr Ljere

Junior Member

10-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
I LOL'ed big time at reading that- great analogy. Then you realize that all the other guy has to do is build an armlet and wd is shut down, dagon or not.
Armlet counters Witch Doctors ulti? Go post this on Dota forums plz and get ROTFLed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
First and foremost, THERE IS NO MAGIC RESIST IN DOTA, THERE IS HERE.
The same goes for you. Why would u need magic resistance if there is no magic damage? Dota has spell damage and spell resistance.

Whaterer u say afterwards is irrelevant, because if u start your post with bull**** then the rest ist probably bull**** too.

Back to the topic. This guide got my attention just because of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
This guide is for those people that ran around crushing enemy teams into the ground all game and then end up losing because none of their allies knew how to push and passed up opportunities to drop inhibitors.
This is not for team players. This is for the lone wolf. The rogue player who comes home from work and tries to play a couple games to relax, and even though he's talented, he doesn't really have a 5 man team to play with for whatever reason. This guide will push you from that guy who was just fed by the noob(s) to the pro who singlehandedly won the game.
This is me. This is what i was looking for: short and complete guide that suits me. Good job Rambo and keep up the good work!