Lethality? Why does everyone avoid it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaimcap

08-24-2010

I've been wondering since I first started seeing this back in like November but I've been seeing that a lot of builds seem to skip the 10% lethality bonus when going 21 deep... Any particular reason? Is there something wrong with the mechanic (it interfere with Inf Edge?) or is just mathematically an inferior option to every other alternative?

JustDavid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

I don't see a reason why not to get it. 10% more crit damage is much better than something like 3 AD or 4 more damage to minions.

M4nTiCoR3

08-24-2010

There is a thread rolling around that denounces adding crit damage items and has a lot of support. With certain builds i think the mastery is a superior choice however. Champs that benifit from their skills with insane crit chance like Shaco, Panteon, Tryndasmear, and Gangplank will likely see more from Leathality than the 3 AD or minion damage they woulod need to take to get to 21 anyways.

I have also had success with Malphite's old brutalize which could dish out about 455% of his base damage when you combined Leathality, Infinity Edge and Havok with his 70% damage buff from brutalize. Sadly with the adjustment to Brutalize in the next patch, this same combo will only yeild about 377% base damage now, as the new Brutalize only buffs his damage by 40%, but it also buffs his armor by 40%...so i guess its all good.

Symmon

08-24-2010

This has kind of been answered in a round about way...
But yeah:
You don't want crit damage if you don't plan on crit. For alot of heros I never find myself buying Infinity edge. I am more partial to say a black cleaver. Of course my favorite melee DPS is WW, so BC is OP for him...
Anyways I don't get it because I don't plan on getting crit.
10% of 0 crits... is not alot.