Ranked 3v3 Elo doesn't calculate right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wínter Knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

So, our new ranked 3v3 team went 5 and 0: a generally heartening experience. I took a look at our team stats page and imagine my surprise when there was something strange with our rating. You would think that a 5-0 record would mean a constant if irregular amount of increasing rating, but according to our stats page that's not correct.
*******http://i.imgur.com/kiCJt.jpg********
Now, it's not a big difference--only 6 points--but it got me thinking: what is really going on during those first 5 games of rating calculation? I seem to remember being able to get a team much higher with a 5-0 record earlier on in the season. Clearly there's something different about the algorithm than once your team has a rating.

Wínter Knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

Additional information:
Team Name: Orianna Terror Squad
If you look at our team's match history you can see the following rating in the postgame lobby "complete match details" page.
Game 1: Unranked
Game 2: Unranked
Game 3: 1555 +18
Game 4: Unranked
Game 5: 1529 +16
Game 6: 1540 +11

While our team stats page shows a 1300 rating and 1300 max rating.
I want to know what kind of fuzzy math this is.

stoned spider

06-06-2012

I saw this but I didn't screen shot it. Methinks this should be looked into so it doesn't increase or decrease someone's ranking by a lot more next time.

Eryn

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden Dresdon View Post
Additional information:
Team Name: Orianna Terror Squad
If you look at our team's match history you can see the following rating in the postgame lobby "complete match details" page.
Game 1: Unranked
Game 2: Unranked
Game 3: 1555 +18
Game 4: Unranked
Game 5: 1529 +16
Game 6: 1540 +11

While our team stats page shows a 1300 rating and 1300 max rating.
I want to know what kind of fuzzy math this is.
One game while playing on the farmhands, it was about our 23rd win in a row and we beat Just trySoft (HaoZ's team). They were probably 1750 at the time. Either way in the end of the game recount screen, it showed 2013 (+11) haha, even though our highest was 1817.