Shaco beast

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madara602

01-17-2013

Most people who read this are going to be expecting me to suggest to jungle with shaco even though it doesn't say to on the game. WRONG. I have found that I do the best with shaco as a straight up lane dps. He can go bottom or top and still be built the same way because he has great burst damage.

Basically here is how I build his skills
1st. Two-Shive Poison-- my reasoning behind this is the harassment to other players. Good range and quick cd, plus the slow effect works to let your teammate(s) get their hits in.
2nd. Decieve-- This is obviously used however you want. I prefer to enter in combat with it a second or two early. Most champions can't kill you fast enough so your cd comes up for the escape.
Now basically just switch between those two and your ult when it's available. Unless of course you want the jack in the box. Not saying it's a bad ability but I haven't had much success with it.

Items are always tricky because it really depends on the champions you are up against. I prefer to start with boots, a couple health potions, and a mana potion at the very beginning. From there the attack speed boots are normally my next item. And then I like to build up the Blade of the Runed King. Great passive and the active does some damage, slows, and heals you. Then basically go from there however you'd like

The thing that is going to confuse people is really the times to come into battle with shaco. Most success comes when you either have stupid opponents or an rabbit to lead them too you. Then you burst in with your slows and all they can think of is to run away. Another confusing thing is really the masteries and runes, I am not level 30 with max everything so I could care less at this point. But I'm sure anyone reading this can get the jist of Attack Damage and lifesteal is gooooood. Ability Power is also a good thing to think of because your box and ult get powered up from that. Keep these things in mind and you can probably get 20 kills with 3 deaths in about 18 minutes. I've done it in a live game so you can too. Hope this helps

Fluffy1

01-18-2013

AD shaco doesnt work in lane, he doesnt have the mana regen to support his high cost spells and he must first get into melee range then stay there but hes just way too squishy for that, bruisers will punish him every trade, mages will nuke him and 2 vs 2 situations are over fast cause 2 people can drop a shaco right away. plus with an ad build your shiv does very little damage.

only way to lane well with shaco is an AP build which takes advantage of his high scalling and since he doesnt need decive as much has more mana avaliable and an escape always free to use when you need it. jitbs are your auto attacks and can deny jungle ganks and bushes and force enemy supports to spam far more wards than usual.

cause overall your trading the potential of snowballing with jungle for the consistency of not falling behind in lane. AD shaco needs to capitalize on early game of hes useless mid game. AP shaco while he falls off a bit late game is actually at his most threatening mid game where the tide of game changes most. late game both builds do the same damage in a teamfight but ap shaco is safer and strikes at range which is a huge boost over AD.

ive always laned with my shaco as an AP build in a support role, but ive taken mid/top here and there with great success, but hes more use to the team bot.

Madara602

01-18-2013

I have the stats to say that AD shaco does work. Mana has been an issue at times but the great thing is you can just teleport back at any time and refill. And I don't know what you're talking about with shiv not being as powerful. I have tried an AP item first and I see that the bonus is only half of my AP. Not doubting that AP works but the AD is where you get most of your damage because of the auto attacks and decieve having a certain crit, and then add that to the passive and you have a beast.

Fluffy1

01-18-2013

the reason AD doesnt work is cause shiv only scales on bonus AD which is poor compared to when it used to be total AD. because of this he is forced to get those decive crits which puts him dangerously close to the enemy, he doesnt have the sustain in either HP or mana regen to the trade like that. shic spaming from a safe distance is about as safe as it gets.

its just very risky laning with AD shaco, its very likely to fail if the enemy is competant and has any hard cc.