How do you build the new ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChoseOne

05-27-2012

is the wota/hextech core?
and
should i get early sheen and turn it in a lichbane late?

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

wota/hextech was always core...i build him the same way except i turn my catalyst into a ROA early. boots, ROA, wota, frozen heart, archangels, and last item i situational..could be GA, or something offensive like void staff or abyssal. i wouldn't recommend lichbane, you spam so much you don't really have time to auto attack.

CrimsonV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

same as before...ap does help him a bit more now so consider archangels

DarkenDragon

05-28-2012

the nerf/buff doesnt change how ryze plays, so theres no real need to change how he's built either. still stack mana and cdr so that you can constantly spam those abilities non stop with or without the ultimate.

solcroft

05-28-2012

I still play Ryze the same way. I run 9/0/21 for Strength of Spirit so WotA isn't necessary. Always grab a Tear first. Only changes I've made to my build is that now I build my Catalyst into a RoA (and grab Abyssal later for MR), and run flat MR runes because his nerfed Q range just made his early game even ****tier.

Warrrrax

05-29-2012

I havent changed my Ryze approach at all. It was a stupid stupid nerf, disguised as some genius rebuild that gives people more options. What BS!

Before, Ryze got more benefit out of mana buying than AP by about 1.5 to 1.0 ratio. In other words 10mana was about 50% better than 1 AP while both costing 20 gold

Now, its actually about even. So mana = AP as far as doing damage.
Therefore it is more about item efficiency instead.

And a Tear is really really efficient so it is still core.

Rod of Ages is more viable because its AP has higher value now.

Deathcap is theoretically better now due to its 30% booster. BUT in practice it is **** because Ryze HAS **** RANGE!! Therefore building lots of AP basically only gives you the same damage as everyone else, but with **** range and no survivability.

So Frozen Heart is still really really good. Very efficient, perfect stat distribution.
Banshees is quite good. Much needed health (unless you take ROA), MR, mana.

Archangels is a BETTER upgrade than before.. It used to be last thing you upgrade...now its actually pretty efficient and you'd want to upgrade it once you have a Tear/Banshee.

WotA is still a good item.

SaveTheMaids

06-07-2012

The new MS boost is nice, but I really miss the extra mana from his former Desperate Power.