How terrifying would it be.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Songbird Cometh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

Okay, so you know how a stingray can grow to huge lengths, but it must have adequate space to do so. Since stingrays are generally a river animal, they grow upwards to 13 feet. There are some rivers in Thailand that connect to the ocean. My theory, is that since a stingray is mainly gelatinous, if a brave stingray wandered out into the ocean, it would grow to an enormous size. Like, imagine just chilling somewhere on a boat, then a stingray as big as a monster truck just swims by you. I'd **** myself.

UnicornViolet

06-06-2012

lol that creeps me out too. I'm scared of sharks even though I've never seen one in real-life. There's just something about the water and the things that live in it that can plague my mind with irrational fear.

Songbird Cometh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

I've almost drowned twice now. Deep water just bugs me out man. If I'm on a boat its no big deal but I won't go wakeboarding or anything because knowing my luck, I'll fall off and WHAM. Mythical creature snaps me right up and I'm never heard from again.

Dragoeth

SmokingJoeNL

06-06-2012

Imagine having to cook that one.

SelenaGomezLove

06-06-2012

When I was a kid I always had a fear of a squid monster reaching up a tentacle, grabbing me, and pulling me deep under the sea to eat me.

Swimming alone in deep water? No thanks.

Warlow13

06-06-2012

Can a stingray survive in salt water though? I know that some can but they don't all grow that big.

Songbird Cometh

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlow13 View Post
Can a stingray survive in salt water though? I know that some can but they don't all grow that big.
There were recent studies done that they believe Stingrays migrate into salt water for some unknown reason. Mostly though, not they don't live in saltwater.

Songbird Cometh

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoeth View Post
No, I'm talking like atleast 50x that size. If they just lived down there with no predators and since they're already a bottom feeding animal, they'd just get bigger and bigger.

Amberleh

06-06-2012

Are people forgetting about one of the greatest heroes of our time?

Quote:
On 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the chest by a stingray spine while snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef, at Batt Reef, which is located off the coast of Port Douglas in north Queensland. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, Ocean's Deadliest, but weather had stalled filming. Irwin decided to take the opportunity to film some shallow water shots for a segment in the television program his daughter Bindi Irwin was hosting[75] when the ray suddenly turned and lashed out at him with the spine on its tail.
Salt water stingray.

I MISS STEVE IRWIN GOD****IT.