do NOT get Perseverance!

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jawney

Recruiter

08-26-2010

Well if you're planning on dieing, go ahead and get good hands.

In For It Now

08-26-2010

Scenarios during which preserverence is better than indicated by op:

Champion has other sources of regen, such as garen.
When using a potion, in order to heal more.
When being healed by soraka or another healer.
When self-healing with abilities such as Yi's meditate.
Abilities such as vlad/warwick/morgana's lifesteal.
Lifesteal in general.

There are more situations that I can't think of at the moment. I'm also unsure if preserverence helps lifesteal or other abilities. I'm not sure if preserverence is better than good hands, but I think we need to weigh the situation with full information.

NessOnett

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by In For It Now View Post
Scenarios during which preserverence is better than indicated by op:

Champion has other sources of regen, such as garen.
When using a potion, in order to heal more.
When being healed by soraka or another healer.
When self-healing with abilities such as Yi's meditate.
Abilities such as vlad/warwick/morgana's lifesteal.
Lifesteal in general.

There are more situations that I can't think of at the moment. I'm also unsure if preserverence helps lifesteal or other abilities. I'm not sure if preserverence is better than good hands, but I think we need to weigh the situation with full information.
Perseverence:
Increases your total health and mana regeneration by 2% (4% at rank 3).

Which means it does not affect heals, lifesteal, etc. It DOES however affect Mundo's passive and ult, and garen's passive, gragas's passive, health potions, meditate and I believe locket.

Still, unless you banking heavily on your regen(like using a "regen tank") I wouldn't suggest using it.

In For It Now

08-26-2010

You're sure it doesn't affect heals? The tooltip can be interpreted ambiguously. Like vlad's pool ability (it should only stop him from being targeted, but it actually makes him immune to all sorts of AoE abilities and ultimates).

Also, golem buff will be better with it.

I doubt it affects heals or lifesteal. And good hands is probably better. This thread was eye-opening for me, as well. I never considered the op's math.

M4nTiCoR3

08-26-2010

Lets face it, most of the low level masteries are just plain sad...with a few exceptions. The real reason to get any low level mastery is to unlock the ones that are actually worth a sack of monkey ****.

I will concede that 6sec can feel like an eternity, and on occasion, (though rare) could actually be the difference between winning or losing a fight. However, as has already been pointed out, some characters benift from regen more than others; so I wound't say perseverence is totally useless. It's defintly low on the totem pole for most champs though.

Personally i would much raher see it give some fomr of a flat gain, instead of a % gain. It would make it much more useful in the early phase of the game when regen is needed most.

Krald

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
I mean seriously, it's LAME mastery and I keep seeing it in almost every single guide. Good Hands are by FAR better.

But hey! You don't want to be dying for it to be useful!
no ****, sherlock. Now go to your recent matches and take a look at your stats... How many of them are games with 0 deaths? NONE! Unless you're in some super low ELO, then maybe you'll have 1.

Now the math:
Level 3 of Perseverance gives you 4% increased HP and MP regeneration.

What does it mean? Once you get 100HP or MP/5, you will gain additional 4 HP or MP /5. THIS IS NOT EVEN 1HP/MP PER 1SECOND.
Did I already mention that HP regen is quite useless outside laining phase?

Let's look at Annie: 14.4HP/5 and 11.6MP/5 at level 18.
Perseverance takes it to: 14.976HP/5 and 12.064MP/5... yay! 1HP more after 10s!
Even if you add, let's say 2 Mana Regen items - Doran's Ring and DFG, you'd get 26.6*1.04=27.664... man that's 1 more mana over 5s! pure awsomeness.

Good Hands on the other hand might be a SAVIOR in longer games, where these 6 or 7s will win you a game.

just an fyi, the regen increase from perserverence is per second, not per 5. It's pretty confusing, but yeah, redo your math

seajaydub

08-26-2010

It says % increase. I'm not sure how you could interpret that as per second or per 5. It's %. The math is correct.

peyo

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
just an fyi, the regen increase from perserverence is per second, not per 5. It's pretty confusing, but yeah, redo your math
I don't get it.

It doesn't matter if it's per second or per 5, it's STILL 4%. If you have 100HP/5, then you have 20HP/1. 4% is 0.8HP/1 and that is 4HP/5.

The problem with Garen is that he doesn't use his passive much, other than in lane. And then, when he's at 1000 HP, the regen is only additional 25/5, so I don't think it's worth it.

As for Mundo, it depends on how you're building him. As a DPS (that's what he should be played, isn't it?) he has like 2-3k HP. With 3k HP he gets 1500HP/12 and that is 125HP/1. With Perseverance he would gain additional 5HP/1, resulting in badass 60HP more over 12s. Really?

Even if you had 6k HP, that would be 120HP more...

not counting base/item regen ofc.

Tanglewalker

08-27-2010

This is exactly the reason I don't take Perseverance anymore. It's an incredibly minute jump, most of the time less than 1 hp/mp5, whereas the 10% death timer reduction can be a big deal late game when your team just lost a bunch of people in a team fight.

C00LST0RYBR0

08-27-2010

0 - 3 - 1 - 0 is the way to go
1 - 2 - 1 - 0 if you have teleport
0 - 2 - 1 - 1 if you have ghost
1 - 1 - 1 - 1 if you have teleport/ghost

its really just simple math.

you get half the benefit (2 of 4%) with 1 point invested.

123456 ... 11