I thought they were doing something about pick order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoiledSatyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Seriously, why am I always last pick? I thought it was supposed to be more randomized now when I as a singleton get put with duo's and premades. I'm not seeing it.

MrRecht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

The person that started the premade "thing" has a higher chance of getting first pick, I thought they changed it like that. Also you wouldn't pick before the others in a premade since it would scale down from that. Other than that your normal or ranked elo is just lower than the other peoples. Win more games and get first pick more right?

Sam Is Whoa

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCsLive View Post
The person that started the premade "thing" has a higher chance of getting first pick, I thought they changed it like that. Also you wouldn't pick before the others in a premade since it would scale down from that. Other than that your normal or ranked elo is just lower than the other peoples. Win more games and get first pick more right?
No. If you have a 5 man game everyone has a 20% chance to be first pick in normal que. If your in ranked your elo determines pick position.

DonnFirinne

06-16-2012

Intro to Statistics:
If an event has a 20% (1/5) independent chance of occurring in any given instance, then there is no reason to expect that if it does not occur in the first 4 observed instances then it "must" occur on the fifth. Each time you enter a game, you have a 1/5 chance of getting first. This means that in a significantly large number of games (hundreds at least) your experimental probability of being first pick should approach 1/5. In any number of instances, however, there is nothing in probability to stop you from consistently not getting first pick. It becomes increasingly more unlikely that you could get a streak, but never reaches impossibility.

tl;dr 1/5 chance doesn't mean you have to be first pick in one out of every 5 games you play.