Why do I always see a mage bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbyssionKnight

06-06-2012

AD Carries rely on farm, and bot lane gets a ton of farm compared to top lane. So what i'm confused about is why aren't the AD Carries in the bot lane? Is it simply because you can make more money from all the kills top than you can farming bot? I just see a mage top with burst stuns etc probably being more useful in the teamfight oriented top then alone in bot where if they get ganked they have a really long way to retreat.

Panwar

06-06-2012

Mages often go bot because of pushing power, and CC/escape mechanisms which are common to the role allow them to escape ganks.

Several of the ranged AD's are strong bot laners against many match-ups though. Graves and Corki for instance are very good Bot champions.

DiscworldDeath

06-06-2012

Early game, many AD carries are way weaker than AP carries - People don't start with a lot of gold, and people don't get gold for a while, just like on SR. Whereas the impact of levelling nukes can be massive.

AP Carries can usually take the stuffing out of an AD carry at level 4 with just the starting gold, and same at level 6, assuming both still only have the starting items, etc.
It takes a while for AD carries to get going, and they might be better to get that initial gold up top where they can get help before switching to farm bot (which presents its own set of complications).

urmamasllama

06-06-2012

corki and ezreal are good ones bottom but that is due to their strong early game and bursty-ness through skills