[Guide] Mordekaiser: Black Metal, Black Label

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryusheen

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benadryl Jackson View Post
Makuin, I'm sure that's worked fine for you, but I just can't agree. Sure, spamming Siphon slightly more often is nice, but with the Sunfire Capes you'll be putting out more damage. Besides, you can get all the CD reduction you need when you steal their Golem Buff.
I'd agree with siphon spamming. In condition, sunfires need ur enemies to be really near you and u can't just towerdive on certain situations. so, i'd rather get ranged spells to put on pressure on the opponents thx.

Slide

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusheen View Post
I'd agree with siphon spamming. In condition, sunfires need ur enemies to be really near you and u can't just towerdive on certain situations. so, i'd rather get ranged spells to put on pressure on the opponents thx.
I disagree. An early sunfire can be so danm devastating and Mord, in a solo lane, can get one REAL quick.

I mean really, how beneficial is maing your 4.5 second cooldown siphon go to a 3.75 second cooldown.

Id rather have 40 magic damage/second. It makes people have an even more difficult time judging if they can kill you before you kill them. Increases your farm to stupid levels. Allows you to tower dive with impunity (1 sunfire + mords shield lets you tower dive rediculously well) as well as tank towers if need be.

Its still my opinion that 2x sunfire and abyssal scepter are core items on mord. I also think the best buildup, is:

Dorans + HP
Sorc Boots
Chain Vest
Neg Cloak
Sunfire
Abyssal
Sunfire
FoN/Thornmail/GA/Randuins
FoN/Thornmail/GA/Randuins

Picking up the early chain vest and neg cloak for mitigation makes you an INCREDIBLE pain in the ass to deal with. Im generally able to get both before laning ends. The mitigation they give is phenominal.

The following sunfire abyssal sunfire gives more of everything you need. More mitigation. More Health. More Damage. It just seems too synergistic to give up on.

I really dont understand why I see so many people building rediculous amounts of regen. It doesnt make sense. Its not necessary. Yes your skills cost health. Its a very small amount and you can easily work it with just the regen of dorans.

I facepalm whenever I see a mord team mate buying spirit visage. Yes he can use everything it gives, but my god there are better items for one of the best farmers in the game.

Lastly, as long as your not dying to the caster in mid, you can easily dominate them with just shield. Your shield will hold out much longer then their mana will. Especially f you skill just siphon and creeping like you should early game.

Odakle

08-25-2010

I've never actually tried this out, but does anybody think that a AD mord would work? Not pure AD though; you would also have tank items -- that's a must.

I was thinking that his build would go like this:
Mercs-->Randuins and FoN-->Frozen Mallet-->Attack speed item of choice (Depends on situation)-->Bloodthirster or AD item of choice.

You would be tanky enough with just Randuins, FoN, and Mallet. Around 2920 hp, 170 armor (190 armor if you decide to get a Bloodrazor) and 150 MR as well as a lot of HP regen with FoN, ult, and life steal. It could also be viable if your team is mostly AP and the opposing team is stacking MR.

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Also, I think MoS scales with AD. Not sure though. Gotta test it out.

Amaterasuomikami

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odakle View Post
I've never actually tried this out, but does anybody think that a AD mord would work? Not pure AD though; you would also have tank items -- that's a must.

I was thinking that his build would go like this:
Mercs-->Randuins and FoN-->Frozen Mallet-->Attack speed item of choice (Depends on situation)-->Bloodthirster or AD item of choice.

You would be tanky enough with just Randuins, FoN, and Mallet. Around 2920 hp, 190 armor and 150 MR as well as a lot of HP regen with FoN, ult, and life steal. It could also be viable if your team is mostly AP and the opposing team is stacking MR.

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Also, I think MoS scales with AD. Not sure though. Gotta test it out.
An AD/Tank is VERY effective on Morde

Redenbacher

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasuomikami View Post
An AD/Tank is VERY effective on Morde
Good luck getting anyone to stick around for you to beat on them... while I'm sure it can be done, there are much better champions for the job.

I've tried 'em all. CDR and Magic Penetration builds (Spirit Visage/Randuin's) are the best ways to increase Morde's active damage output and shield regeneration. 2x Sunfire builds are great for waltzing in to a fight and causing mass chaos, because the other team can't quite figure out where the hell their HP went.

Nicely written guide, SledgeHog Definitely capitalizes on Manic Metal Mayhem.

It should be noted that CDR/Mpen builds are completely, and utterly destroyed by Silence, in my experience, whereas the 2x Sunfire build can shrug off the damage during the silence. It's always important with Morde to build the items that directly hard counter the enemy champions. Very rarely do I play two games where my build is identical in both.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
It should be noted that CDR/Mpen builds are completely, and utterly destroyed by Silence, in my experience, whereas the 2x Sunfire build can shrug off the damage during the silence. It's always important with Morde to build the items that directly hard counter the enemy champions. Very rarely do I play two games where my build is identical in both.
This guy has it right. Each approach works, so use the right one for the right situation. Sunfire morde handles silences much better, but CDR morde crushes if they can't counter ur ult.

iglumajor

08-25-2010

lay down ur souls for gods rock n roll XD

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusheen View Post

Yes, it's true that Sunfire Capes require the enemy to be near you, but guess what...so does Siphon! I'm surprised you're even calling it a "ranged spell" -- it only has slightly more range than a Sunfire Cape does anyway.

Besides, Morde isn't just about tower diving. Believe me, when you crash into the enemy team from behind like a wrecking ball, you will be glad you have those Sunfire Capes.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but take it from a guy who has 4 quadra kills and 34 triple kills with Morde in ranked games: Sunfire Capes work.

Benadryl Jackson

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo Mo View Post
Ben Jack i love you ... you have a guide for each of my favorite and best heros, and they are guides that make sence as well, in game add?

Don't be a stranger Slo Mo ;-)