A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keebos

06-27-2012

They NEED CTF. Great map idea.

GWBranimir

06-27-2012

Like the idea. Btw, person with the flag shouldn't be able to use ANY ability not just ult, so capturing the flag is only good after teamfights. I would also lower chaneling time to 10

Lasie

06-27-2012

[QUOTE

@Lasie
It's been a while since you've visited. I did very closely consider the number of minion camps. My reason for having a few more than double SR is that some of them are likely to be ignored for most of the game as they are far away from all the global objectives. The camps close to the base are unlikely to be sought after unless a team is pushed back a fair bit or they want to force a third jungler in. If they do attempt the third jungler, there isn't a high chance of them being a major force in ganking lanes because they would have to run back further for more jungle camps. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

sorry kinda busy for a while. I have a few thoughts. the Reveal spell I like but i dont like taking half of TFs alt for it. what I was thinking is an instant ping that maybe pulses for like 2-4 seconds that marks every enemy. you dont know which of the six is which enemy but you know their positions. Honestly I dont know about the minion camps. I just dont want to jungle to be too OP. if we could test it it would be so much better.

GWBranimir

06-27-2012

one sum spell should involve the flag. Something like: if flag holder is enemy the flag is droped, and if it is an ally grants MS bonus.

Lasie

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWBranimir View Post
one sum spell should involve the flag. Something like: if flag holder is enemy the flag is droped, and if it is an ally grants MS bonus.
uhh I am not sure thats a good idea
that would be way overpowered even with a ten sec channal time to pick up the flag. and then you would have full teams running that and just one after annother spamming it

DonnFirinne

06-28-2012

@Lasie
I do like the idea of a global notification of who picks up and drops the flag, much like the kill announcement. I'll put the 3-4 second ping idea in for the Reveal summoner on the OP.

@GWBranimir
No offense to you, but your ideas, in my opinion, would make it near impossible to get the flag, locking both teams in a fight they couldn't win. We need to closely monitor the balance of the game.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Keep it coming.

BlondeCow

06-28-2012

There could be a strong creep (similar to the blue golem) that when killed, gives faster flag caps. Maybe instead of 15 secs to 7 secs

Kartoggle

06-28-2012

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but what about champions like Shen and TF... and to a lesser extent, Nocturne. Would their ults be disabled if they were holding the flag?

arizonabay96

06-28-2012

first of all, great post.

i dont know if this has already been suggested, but i think the flag should have a permanent pink ward like the turrets on summoners rift

Mella Kara

06-28-2012

I really like this idea. Seems like a very fun mode.

An idea for minions - one minion in each wave carries a smaller version of the "flag" which reduces the enemy nexus' health by one point if they reach it. The flag disappears when the minion dies. This presents an alternative way to break stalemates because leaving minions in either lane will become dangerous and so everyone can't just crowd around the flag the entire game. You could cap the points for this as well.

An idea for buffs - possibly something like the storm shield on dominion, only you have to bring the flag to the buff. The buff should be located near your base to make it risky to travel there and could grant something beneficial for either the flag carrier or the entire team (defense and mspd, perhaps).