Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonnFirinne

06-22-2012

@Menkyo
So far, no turrets. It's a possibility, but I would really rather not use them

roflmao

06-22-2012

this is a great idea, bad map design... the "jungle" area is just too complex. There seem to be too many narrow areas and pathways. If anyone gets into the jungle, there are too many places to hide. I think it would lead to problems as there are not many chokepoints and it would be hard to ward all the areas needed to be effective

DonnFirinne

06-22-2012

Bump for more feedback. I would've thought people would be all over the forums to distract themselves from the server being down, but apparently not?

Menkyo

06-22-2012

Quote:
DonnFirinne:
@Menkyo
So far, no turrets. It's a possibility, but I would really rather not use them

I understand wanting something to make it different from the other maps, but at the same time I think there should be something that makes that central entrance very difficult to get through until mid/late game.

Not really sure what else you could use.

UmarothTheKeeper

06-22-2012

it seems kinda like twisted treeline

DonnFirinne

06-23-2012

@Menkyo
Currently I'm planning on having minions be stronger when they come out of the base than when they get to the mid line, so pushing into the central entrance with 2 average minion waves against 2 strong minion waves should be fairly difficult (unless you're a built Anivia or something) and I currently think that will work to make pushing lanes difficult. Other ideas are welcome though, if you have any.

@UmarothTheKeeper
I assure you this map is larger than TT, and the lanes are even slightly longer than SR. The jungle is also larger, and the game mode is unique. I don't think it will have a feel anything like the other maps Riot already has out.

slimjimo10

06-23-2012

I'll be playing Twisted Fate every game

DonnFirinne

06-23-2012

@slimjimo10
So you can pick up the flag and... not be able to ult anywhere? His best usefulness will be his stun and his ability to see everyone on the map.

Isidius

06-23-2012

Overall it's not a horrible idea, but I feel like rather than Capture the Flag, it would be better as an Assault style gameplay. You're already grabbing a neutral objective and rushing to the enemy Nexus to slowly destroy it. Making it a bomb rather than a flag just makes more sense.

Other than that, it's looking good. The jungle paths might need to be simpler as to prevent easy juking, but I like it.

Shadowmender

06-23-2012

Oh YA!