A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Little Boy Nate

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
@dovakiinn and Howard Overman
I will bring the channel time down slightly. Remember that this is a channel that you can opt to end at any point.
I don't want the flag being brought to one's own base, it's impossible to defend against.
The point of the game is to get to 100 (or whatever number is decided on) first, so I'm not sure about your point there.
I think that it should be brought down significantly, and while you can end the channel I think that any damage or CC should also break the channel. This allows for people to defend against it by hitting the flag bearer. With this mechanic you could have the channel down to maybe 3-5 seconds with a small reload time like dominion.

DonnFirinne

06-16-2012

I'll see how things go with the map. I don't know about 3-5 second, cause if you get in there, Janna ults near the nexus and you have a free channel done.

Little Boy Nate

06-16-2012

Quote:
I'll see how things go with the map. I don't know about 3-5 second, cause if you get in there, Janna ults near the nexus and you have a free channel done.
Yeah but that would mean Janna and the flag bearer get in and to the channel point and the channel is already being done before janna ults, which means you can cancel it. Also, range attacks are much farther than janna knockback and you can reach in that 5 second window.

TeknoWizard

06-16-2012

Is it interrupted by damage or hard CC? Because if it's damage, time to siege that flag stand with AP Kog'Maw.

asdf3011

06-16-2012

Make flag guards for high level people.6 powerful elite guards it lowest is just a dragon all the way to the strongest (By random).Then the holder after a set time(do not now what will to op) has a chance of any neutral minion in the game to show up near the flag.And for add fun in the chat the minion will say funny things.

Little Boy Nate

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Is it interrupted by damage or hard CC? Because if it's damage, time to siege that flag stand with AP Kog'Maw.
Kill Kog, cap flag. So difficult.

TeknoWizard

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxijazz View Post
Kill Kog, cap flag. So difficult.
Thing is, it's such long range, and you have your whole team guarding you with walls on practically all sides.

DonnFirinne

06-16-2012

I think maybe displacements and stuns should interrupt the flag channeling, but nothing else. Definitely not damage. Damage is too easy to put down on someone.

Little Boy Nate

06-16-2012

Quote:
I think maybe displacements and stuns should interrupt the flag channeling, but nothing else. Definitely not damage. Damage is too easy to put down on someone.
But that would mean that if you are lacking CC then you have to kill the flag bearer within 5 seconds or spend your teams CC on the flag bearer, which means that the teamfight is already won by the offense.

slyguy6802

06-16-2012

Quote:
@slyguy6802
1. I wanted the jungle to feature more than the lanes in this game because of the game mode (CTF) so I made the jungle bigger and only put 2 lanes in. I'm not changing the number of lanes, nor will I add more free vision. I've already said wards may be cheaper/last longer, so the junglers will have less trouble keeping the wards up.
2. Yes, strong junglers will be very strong on this map, but as I said, I want the jungle to be important. Quick fix, draft mode, ban the champs that are too strong in the jungle (they already pull some bans in professional play on SR) and don't worry about it.
3. The lanes I intend to be just a little longer than the SR top and bottom lanes. I don't think it's too big for 6 person teams, and if anything a CTF map has a need to be a little too big for the team to be able to cover the whole map at all times.

I'm hoping to get feedback here on this thread. I will make, and have made, tweaks and changes when people bring up good points. Hopefully when the map is refined enough it will get some Riot attention. They do look at the boards and if this thread get enough attention and upvotes I'm confident they'll pay some attention to it.

To be completely honest. If riot does make this game they aren't going to make it they way you want it. Please don't take offense but there are reasons why we have lanes and reasons why we don't have long lasting wards. These things are part of what makes a good game. If you are very serious about making this a good game i highly suggest you read this. It helped me to become a better game designer. http://www.costik.com/nowords.html