WW or Nunu for beginer jungling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rykaal

06-05-2012

can afford either of them with IP at the moment and was wondering which one is easiest to begin jungling with? I also see a few Olaf junglers, not that often, but sometimes. if that is also a good beginner one I already have him purchased.

iSummonStuff

06-05-2012

Everyone says WW is great for beginners. Olaf is a pretty good jungler and he can destroy a lane if you decide to lane with him xD Dunno much about Nunu.

Shatterlight

06-05-2012

I'm a horrid jungler myself, but out of the cheapies, a few other junglers you might consider for low IP are Master Yi, Tryndamere, Rammus, Amumu, Fiddlesticks, Cho'gath, and Dr Mundo. I believe Dr Mundo is also currently the fastest jungler in the game?

Don't let anyone tell you that you need the expensive characters to play the game, some of the best can be picked up in a day of play

Sorry I couldn't answer what you asked, but figured I'd toss out a few more ideas if you were interested in any of them!

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

between ww and nunu WW dominates the jungle

nunu is more of a counter jungler who steals buffs and the main creep at camps
ww can farm his jungle easily, has great ganks post 6, and does well late game with a good build

bRoGTeN

06-05-2012

Since you're starting jungling, I would suggest you start off with Nunu. He is a very easy jungle to get started and get the hang with. Once you learn the basics of jungling and get that experience in the jungle, you can slowly position yourselves into new and better junglers. But to start, take Nunu. His Consume is great for jungling, and the snowballs will ensure a kill on a overpushed lane.

acosn

06-05-2012

If you can make him work Nunu is your best bet for jungling. Warwick and Olaf simply perform better if they can get favorable pairings in top lane, but WW doesn't even start doing half his job as a jungler properly till 6, and Olaf can find himself in lose / lose situations if he can't make ganks work.

But it's a fairly big "If" with nunu. There's a lot of people who won't pick up on the fact that Nunu's a hyper aggressive jungle who really needs to build a platform for his team to jump into a favorable end-game with by the ~20-25 minute mark.

JRizzle81

06-05-2012

I would suggest WW only because he is easier to be useful with. Nunu is easy to jungle, but so is WW. Nunu's ult is hard to pull off and requires positioning and timing. His slow is great as a gank tool, but if not used just right will not secure a kill. WW can pull amazing ganks at 6 and can do decent dmg throughout the game. Nunu is primarily a support after lvl 6 or so which is okay, but just takes a bit harder to pull off.

Aikimiller

06-06-2012

I reccomend Nunu, for one reason.

Both Nunu and Warwick have good sustain in the jungle, and although they have slower clearing speeds than some of the other AoE junglers, they're not terrible at it.

However, Warwick is a terrible ganker. He is pretty much useless without his ult as a gank initiation tool- meaning you're useless to your team until you hit level 6- and so you're basicly AFK farming until then. Yes, you can gank before that, but it is extremely difficult to be effective; and so people who learn to jungle warwick learn to AFK farm the jungle, because that's all teh champ can do (which is just about the worst thing you can do to your team as a jungler).

Nunu, on the other hand, doesn't really want to be afk farming the jungle (although he can). At level 3 with a point in every skill he comes screaming out into a lane, buffs the carry, hits the enemy with a slow, and BAM, free kill. Nunu's jungle style is what you should be learning if you want to become an effective jungler.

late game, both can be effective, although i would argue Nunu bring more to a team- Warwick basicly brings his ult for initiation and that's about it.

TL: DR- Learning to jungle Nunu teaches better habits, and teaches early ganking. This is how you carry games as a good jungler. Warwick teaches AFK farming the jungle, which is boring, and hurts your team.

ViashinoWizard

06-06-2012

Both are great to learn jungling with (that's what they were designed for). If you want to be a super survivable bruiser, go with Warwick. If you want to be more support oriented and/or gank before 6, grab Nunu.

Leonixxiii

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
At level 3 with a point in every skill he comes screaming out into a lane, buffs the carry, hits the enemy with a slow, and BAM, free kill. Nunu's jungle style is what you should be learning if you want to become an effective jungler.
I love running into top lane as Grungy Nunu @lvl3-4, and yelling "COOOOOOOOOOKIE!" in /all... Do it enough times, and just yelling it in /all can get over pushed solo-laners to back off out of fear lol.

Also I vote Nunu, as he is a better ganker, and gives a better feel for overall jungle mechanics... Only reason to take WW over Nunu is his late game, but Nunu is much better throughout the game as a early ganker, and later Tanky Support.

Nunu gets even better buffing himself, and your AA carry with his W, as well as messing up enemies that rely on their AA with his E, and R.

If you run WW, make sure to toggle his howel on, and off, or you'll give yourself away.