[Guide] Rammus, the Armordillo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhiteMantisX

12-15-2009

I completely disagree with Frozen Heart. Yes, it is a very good item. But not on Rammus...you always talk about the great Armor value of 110...but dont forget that you have to buy 70 armor in single pieces...and there goes a lot of money into the +500 Mana and the cooldown reduction. Two features which are undisputable nice, but have less effect on Rammus. His cooldowns are short anyway, and if you play him right you dont need that much mana. If yu buy thorn mail what i really recommend, than why reducing the enemies damage output...this is stupid. Yes, defensive curl is your defense skill, but whats the problem with melting down the attackers HP? I played maaaaaaaany Rammus games (i only play Tank) and I can tell you, that Thorn Mail + Defensive Curl destroy EVERY DPS player in endgame. So if you have a superfeed Master Yi with 300+ ATK and crazy attackspeed, taunt him and go into the curl...and believe me, you will love his attack speed and you are forgetting the Frozen Armor Stuff.
Instead buy yourself some more Armor/HP(Sunfire) or Armor/MR(Guardian ANgel)

Mantis

Inukshuk

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnetik View Post
If you think that Frozen Heart is a bad item on Rammus solely because of Defensive Curl, then you sir are a fool. Curl only lasts 6 seconds *and* the damage return is mitigated by magic resist.

Yes, the attack speed reduction on Frozen Heart *doesn't* have good synergy with Curl. It is *still* a great item.

You are *not* outputting big damage from curl in the first place, you are *not* always the target or first killed in a fight (thus reduced attack speed HELPS your team), and you can't spit on a 25% cooldown redux (talking 6-7 second re-Taunts & 45 second Tremors!)

This is besides the fact is it the *single* highest armor item in the game (Thornmail is close now with the boost, possibly the same with the -10% global reduction), and will also boost your damage.

Think of it this way, ask any good Rammus player when Thornmail is a good buy (Hint; with fast attack, big damage carries ala Yi, Trynd, etc.). If Thornmail isn't a worthy buy, why would Curl be so invaluable for it's damage?

Curl is your tank ability. The damage is icing.
This post is WIN

Yes, thorn mail is a good item.. also, note that these guides, for the most part, are for people who are clueless as to what to do with that character... Get it yet? You evolve your own item list over time through experimentation.

I stand firmly by my builds BUT I do think that in certain situations the thorn mail is a great asset... just never over frozen heart... because your defensive ball curl DPS is fail boat, even with thorn mail... you guys shouldn't be thinking about DPS'in with a tank... especially not Rammus

Even though Rammus has the incredible ability to force champs to target him, you will NEVER be the primary target... Frozen Heart could literally mean the difference between losing your squishy carries or icing theirs.

Thorn mail would result in a short time frame of very minimal DPS before both taunt and DBC ended... then you have nothing more to offer...

Lastly, I still have to test the new thornmail but my arguement still stands...

AsherZaine

12-21-2009

I usally do pretty good with Rammus I got this Item list from a guide and it works pretty well I always start off with rejuvination bead and a fairy charm then i buy the wardens mail then I sell the charm and buy a chalice magic resist and very great mana regen for rammus and I buy the ninja tabi some times i get this second depends if i have to run alot for the next Item i build thornmail well i dont get much further than that either we lose or win here but sometimes i get to build a sunfire cape but frozen heart seems good 110 armor plus 25 percent on cool downs that means more taunts.

summoner skills i usally use clarify and ghost if you dont have mana trouble then dont use clarify ghost is way better than flash or teleport if you need to get back to battle run away or chase down use ghost with powerball you go so **** fast

as for skills you should lvl defense curl and taunt but get powerball once before lvl 6 its a good slow and escape. get ultimate of course when you can and when you fight taunt defense curl then tremmors and power ball if they try to run

never stack magic resist if your good you can usally escape always stack armor if you can do the skill combo against a squishy the battle is won most of the time you should pwn most physical this way. Some may disagree agaisnt stacking all armor but your passive is too good to pass up

as for runes go flat cool down for blues armor pen red and health regen for yellows

happy owning with the bowser/koopa troopa sry for grammer

Dancing Cow

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkii View Post
i dont know why people are reccomending frozen heart, yes you get some damage from the armor+passive, but you lose ten fold more damage in a group fight because it slows your opponents attack speed thus gimping curl, get other items that have defensive stats but not a utility passive that gimps the damage of a great move.
It doesn't slow their auto attack speed, the main element of self-inflicted pain. Most champion abilities deal magic damage anyway. Rammus and magic damage do not mix well.

In fact, shortening their cooldowns will increase their reliance on auto-attacking, which will increase your DPS.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

taunt is bugged. can't be cleansed.

Inukshuk

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
taunt is bugged. can't be cleansed.
*cough* good *cough*

Orya

02-20-2010

Just played my first game with Rammus (against humans that is, tried him before against bots).
We had in our team... Warwick (though he didn't know how to jungle), Teemo, Ashe and Sivir. And we had as opponens Annie, Master Yi, Sion... uhm... another Warwick, and... Morgana.

I was pretty much carrying my team and in the first half of the game I supposed we would lose, since they were feeding constantly. There were like never all 4 of my teammates alive, someone was always dead. I was constantly powerballing from one place to another to keep them from overrunning the base, and they even destroyed some of those towers next to the inhibitors.
I didn't die that often then and could improve my equipment. After a while, when I taunted and power curled, they kept dying and ran away when I came near. So in the end I had like 16 kills, 5 deaths, 21 Assists, and teemo had like 22 kills or so since he was often shooting them while I taunted.
Then we started fighting back, and once we killed the baron it was over pretty quickly.

It was also nice to see how little damage they did in the end to me. I had Chalice, Mercury Boots, Thornmail, Veil, Aegis and Warmogs. ^^

It annoys me a bit though that Rammos has no /taunt no /joke no /laugh and in general about nothing to say.