Twisted fate what to do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

02-20-2010

Im sort of knew playing twisted fate i usally go mid i got my build right, and my gold card down. But i have lost almost 7 games in a row because of bad teams that feed. I dont know what to do, i can seriously harrase mid, but i cant get kills. I take people down to mid way they run and hide behind turret. And while i have a neutral battle in mid my teammates die and feed and or i get ganked with no help. i realize my guys is very good at team playing but can he carry. i cant do anything alone. is my charcter pure team player,its hard to explain and i dont know what im doing wrong and i dont think its been my team all these games i want to know what i can improve on, and how to carry my team.I always do great beggining, i harrase i push but around 9-10 i start getting ganked or i att but no one is afraid.they get hit by the gold card then wild card then,they still have half hp and run to me to kill me.ANd i think to my self do i have to have a team to play him at all cause i cant seem to do anything solo except push or harrase, is he only good with a good team.

apolgize for the wall of text

cronimson

02-20-2010

I believe this game is very team oriented and the more your team plays together the higher the chances of winning. Yes, they may be times where a single player can dominate the game but that is rare unless:

1) overly fed
2) lacking teamplay

My advice is ask help from your teammates or help them to kill the enemy champ and clearly communicate who needs to be focus. Right now, I have notice that if you take bottom or top lane (meaning having a teammate) have ignite+exhaust and a champ with a stun or slow skill your most likely will get firstblood by surprising them in the bushes from the start.

try it.

Lycanblu

02-20-2010

One thing to know about TF, do NOT initiate combat alone.

Unless you've got a relatively full Meija's, or the enemy is weak already, i do not recomend being the first one into combat, Because of TF's realiance on gold cards, and the fact that gold cards cannot be instantaniously gained at a moments notice, he is susceptable to being ganked. instead, try to avoid being seen during a battle, when the fight has started, and an apparent target has been chosen, run in, gold card/fan.

stay on the outskirts of fights, be sure to use bushes to your advantage to gain time to get gold cards, and if someone attempts to run, tele where you predict they are running.

You are the ultimate character for killing a runner. If you're in your own lane, and an enemy escapes from combat somewhere in another lane, ult, so your team can see them, and if you're feeling lucky, tele to finish them off, remember, often enough once they THINK they are safe, they will begin teleporting to base, ult+tele works MUCH faster than return to B, can't recall how many times TF ult/tele'd while i'm trying to tele to base, lol

(GRANTED I've only ever played TF once, there are probably better players who would disagree with me)

Viridian

02-20-2010

Until you're running with a full Mejai's, don't expect to solo-kill opponents. In the laning phase, the best thing you can do is harass with Wild Cards -- which should threaten them even at their tower.

While it's awfully tempting to initiate with a Gold Card, your teammates are better at soaking in damage than you are. Have a Gold Card ready and wait for the best opportunity to throw it. Let the tanks initiate and blow your card on a carry for best effect.

Rectal Necrosis

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanblu View Post
One thing to know about TF, do NOT initiate combat alone.

Unless you've got a relatively full Meija's, or the enemy is weak already, i do not recomend being the first one into combat, Because of TF's realiance on gold cards, and the fact that gold cards cannot be instantaniously gained at a moments notice, he is susceptable to being ganked. instead, try to avoid being seen during a battle, when the fight has started, and an apparent target has been chosen, run in, gold card/fan.

stay on the outskirts of fights, be sure to use bushes to your advantage to gain time to get gold cards, and if someone attempts to run, tele where you predict they are running.

You are the ultimate character for killing a runner. If you're in your own lane, and an enemy escapes from combat somewhere in another lane, ult, so your team can see them, and if you're feeling lucky, tele to finish them off, remember, often enough once they THINK they are safe, they will begin teleporting to base, ult+tele works MUCH faster than return to B, can't recall how many times TF ult/tele'd while i'm trying to tele to base, lol

(GRANTED I've only ever played TF once, there are probably better players who would disagree with me)
Ai, that's if you're going a mejai's/AP build, which I know is popular, but there are some other relatively popular builds out there. Its true though, don't initiate alone.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2010

No. The only builds good cm's go is AP.