What to do vs Annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

momonari

02-18-2010

I just played a game where I was mid laning as Tristana against Annie. I was harassing her but didn't score the early kill, bringing her down to like half a bar of life but she managed to escape.

But at level 6, still with that half a bar of life, she started wtfpwning me.. ultimate and stun, from 100% health to 0 while stunned.

This seems fairly overpowered, but besides that, anything you can do against it? Leaving lane before level 6 to get HP items seems like a pretty sucky choice for a Tristana, to survive one OP combo..

Vandermine

02-18-2010

As an annie player i find a harrass team early game is really really intimidating, shes got really low HP early game and can be CCed easily as she goes in for that last hit with Q.
Stun and a quick early game jump. dont let her get any kills off of you but keep pushing her back with harrases.... watch out for swirls around her as that signals that her stun is cooked and ready.

any mid to late game annie can put up a strong fight, hell even me lol.

KyleNumbers1

02-18-2010

Call for a gank, and in the meantime, stay back. You're Tristana dude, keep your range. If she pushes, it's not a big problem, even if you lose a small amount of health for your tower, as it makes a gank that much easier. When her stun isn't up, harass the everliving **** out of her, with all usual restraint, of course.

Hope this helped.

Vatiz

02-19-2010

I manged to take down Ashe one fight as Annie quickly after I got killed,

All I had to do was charge up 4x Pyromania, Molten Shield, Tibbers, Incinerate + Disintegrate and Ignite her while adding a few auto-attacks. After that I used Imolate + Incinerate = dead minions in 3 seconds (all last hits), and getting down the tower before Ashe came back. Now, What im saying is: If you die against a solomid Annie with Tibbers, your tower's down.

Just harass her, keep your distance and get lifesteal early on to make it seem pointless to harass you. For the kill you would jump behind + Cannon ball push thing back to the tower, but she will either Flash or Ghost depending on the Tier matches to counter this or even worse, turn the tables and stun you. I would do what KyleNumbers1 recommended, doing the jump is very risky.

Btw: If Annie couldn't do that OP rotation she would suck, nobody would play her...

CASTER > DPS
DPS > TANK
TANK > CASTER

"Not necessarily at all stages of the game, but imo this is the reality of LoL"

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

As soon as Annie hits level 6, and with the right set of runes & masteries, she s one of the best magic burst damage champions in the game. Her Tibberstun combo + burn spell can be devastating to such a squishy hero like Tristana is. Add in flash n ignite for Annie, and u ve got urself a pretty dangerous solo mid to fight vs.

My advice w Tristana would be to either keep ur distance after Annie hits lvl 6, and get some help killing her. That or if u play ur cards right, wear her down b4 level 6 then jump in and throw everything at her.

Btw the best way to shut down Annie in mid-late game is to silence/stun her and just pwn b4 she can cast anything. Fiddle shines here.

Lycanblu

02-20-2010

You'll find that annie will just hold her spells.... forever.... if you are so lucky as to face an annie is is not so wise and casts willy nilly, jump her the second she uses her stun charge.

The general annie spell order is tibbers, incinerate, disintigrate, remember that tibbers is an area target, meaning you can dodge it, if you react quickly.

It's not very often that she does miss, but a well timed flash will often save you from a tibbers blast.

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2010

Opening with tibbers is so ****ing stupid. And it's better to stay AWAY from an aggressive Annie. Let her make mistakes

zzSleeper

02-20-2010

Harass as much as you can before level 3, she can't go shot for shot until then. 3-5 you can deal more with a leap/sustained auto-attack combo than she can burst as long as you don't break off early. Once she gets near 6 you need to start counting her spells, because she could just sit on 4 charges to try and bait you. You don't want to be anywhere near her when she's on the verge of hitting 6, otherwise cleanse/flash is about the only thing that will save you. She needs ~350 for a full 3-spell combo, but it usually takes an extra firebolt for the kill from full health if you pack a health item/tier 3 quints. If you want to try and force her out before level 6 you're going to have to eat some stuns, so pack extra pots. If you hang back to avoid the stuns she's at a disadvantage in farming, but Tristana is more farm-dependent so it hurts you more in the end.

idecline

02-20-2010

Take cleanse?

I find Tristana's survivability to benefit significantly from this. She is squishy and can escape from *some* situations with her jump. However, I find cleanse / flash to be very helpful in terms of her survivability.