A wild Losing Streak appears!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bukumber Express

06-05-2012

How often does it happen to everything else that a consecutive string of five or more games go simply terrible?

I know it doesn't really matter, but I keep getting stuck on the purple side nine times out of ten. It's no big deal, but it's nice to not have to worry about unlocking my camera every once in a while, but I don't have that option - and this is just the icing on top...

I'm getting nothing but first-time free-to-play champions on my team who have no idea what they're doing. I get players who run from every fight even if they have full health, giving the other team an easy kill and making our team lose an easy kill.

Non-English speakers. Again, generally not a huge deal, but when there are three of them on your team every single game, it's impossible to coordinate anything. Ping-speak can only go so far when trying to gank the enemy team or plan something out like a backdoor or split push.

Then there's the skill level... Apparently the purple side has been rumored to have a slightly higher skill level than the blue team (affirmation on this?). So how come every time I get placed on the purple team, my team gets curbstomped?

So back to my original question: is this a normal thing? I guess there's a hidden elo rating in normals (which is the majority of what I play; if I want a good game, I have to spend half an hour in ranked queue), so it makes sense that there would be a steady rise and fall of wins and losses, but having a ton of losses in a row seems a bit much...

XxCriusXx21

06-05-2012

happens to me alot when playing solo but if my friends are on, almost never

The Coming Evil

06-05-2012

What happened to the OP in regards to skill level and free to play bads, happens all the time in solo queue. It never ceases to amaze me how many players exhibit that they lack all logical thought processes, like giving someone a retreat ping when the enemy team is all mia and you say this in team yet they refuse to listen, push too far with no defense to fall back to and then blame their death on lag or even worse, the team. There really is no way to rectify these kinds of losing streaks other than solo queuing with at least 2 friends, three good players can usually balance out two bad or one bad and one decent.

MoonStomp

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornley View Post
How often does it happen to everything else that a consecutive string of five or more games go simply terrible?

I know it doesn't really matter, but I keep getting stuck on the purple side nine times out of ten. It's no big deal, but it's nice to not have to worry about unlocking my camera every once in a while, but I don't have that option - and this is just the icing on top...

I'm getting nothing but first-time free-to-play champions on my team who have no idea what they're doing. I get players who run from every fight even if they have full health, giving the other team an easy kill and making our team lose an easy kill.

Non-English speakers. Again, generally not a huge deal, but when there are three of them on your team every single game, it's impossible to coordinate anything. Ping-speak can only go so far when trying to gank the enemy team or plan something out like a backdoor or split push.

Then there's the skill level... Apparently the purple side has been rumored to have a slightly higher skill level than the blue team (affirmation on this?). So how come every time I get placed on the purple team, my team gets curbstomped?

So back to my original question: is this a normal thing? I guess there's a hidden elo rating in normals (which is the majority of what I play; if I want a good game, I have to spend half an hour in ranked queue), so it makes sense that there would be a steady rise and fall of wins and losses, but having a ton of losses in a row seems a bit much...
Til;Dr yes

SatanInDisguise

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornley View Post

First point there is ELO on normals someone directed me to this site the other day that shows your normal ELO http://lolmatches.com/ Though it can be up to 2 weeks out and someone said your ELO could be +/-200.

What i think happens with these randomly appearing losing streaks is that your ELO for normals doesn't always instantly update. So if you are at as an arbitrary value or 1400 then win 5 games it wont necessarily jump up instantly and instead stay at 1400.

Then maybe a day later the ELO change occurs and so what happens is you jump up to 1600 but you aren't necessarily good enough to play at 1600 so lose a lot then the next day it drops back down and you win again at 1400.

That is just kinda what it seems to me in a way as I play 4 games and it goes really well then all of a sudden the enemy team take a massive hike up in skill level and I lose 4 games in a row.

Edit: Oh and also from what I hear because purple side is at a minor disadvantage because of the layout of the map. It gives them a slightly higher ELO team than blue not a massive rise but a little bit to counter the natural disadvantage of being on purple.

greg1234567890

06-05-2012

that is normal right who the **** care about normal see the troll first timers and eve picking teemo trolling morons

SatanInDisguise

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1234567890 View Post
that is normal right who the **** care about normal see the troll first timers and eve picking teemo trolling morons
Anyone who plays normal cares about normal which is a lot of people.

highrez

06-05-2012

A Wild Losing Streak Appears!

Use: TRYHARD

It's Super Effective!

Wild Losing Streak fainted!

But seriously, using your best champ and playing your absolute best for a single game will usually break the losing streak. Losing streaks are usually a psychological thing.

My Desired Name

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrez View Post
A Wild Losing Streak Appears!

Use: TRYHARD

It's Super Effective!

Wild Losing Streak fainted!

But seriously, using your best champ and playing your absolute best for a single game will usually break the losing streak. Losing streaks are usually a psychological thing.
How are you supposed to carry against a team that is fed as ****, knows how to stay togethor and cooperate, and knows how to focus priority targets, when your teammates don't even have a basic concept of any sort of teamplay?

kylesaturn

04-17-2013

I know a noob who is in a losing streak. check at kylesaturn's profile. He is worse than you. Just trying to make you feel better