Who is the absolute strongest champion? (Lore wise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

You don't dodge blackholes. <3 Veigar.

Or snowstorms...

Ha...Anivia can fly...

Whaddup?

Edit: Was initially trolling the Jax>all part, but makes sense now.

throwmeaname

06-12-2012

Jax

The fact that the league had to consciously intervene, limited Jax's weapon to a lampost, while the rest of the champions were free to use whatever it is they want (a large sword, guns, the friggin void) shows how extraordinary Jax abilities are. Plus, the lore said that he was never defeated once.

Like the poster before me said, Jax may claim to be an ordinary mercenary, but the league knows better.

"A number of summoners in the League grew concerned that the perceived objectivity of the League of Legends would be questioned by the presence of an unknown fighter who was unbeatable. For this reason, the new leader of the League (following Reginald Ashram's disappearance), High Councilor Heyward Relivash, created special restrictions for Jax to fight under."

Who knows, Jax could be a former high councilor of the league.

Edit: pardon me, Jax may have been defeated in game but his consecutive wins has never been matched.

Dark Suigintou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Lovely dear Soraka of course. ^_^

She could turn Warwick into a werewolf, she can turn anyone into anything! Probably a cute cupcake - (wait that's Lulu, right?)

Hmm....

Wait, how about Lulu?

Astraltar

06-12-2012

Okay, I may as well put in some input on this:

-Anivia: The Denizens of Page 4 are correct. While I do believe she's a powerful mage, I think Nasus or Xerath would be able to beat her. Especially since even if she did cause a new ice age, Xerath and Nasus wouldn't actually be affected that much.

-Kayle: Wait... how did I forget about her? Now that I think about it, she definitely deserves a position on the candidacy list...

-Nasus: My opinion of him is still unaffected as probably the most powerful champion.

-Soraka: Right now, no. She was a god; currently, she is not.

-Lulu: I doubt it. Okay, she can turn Kog'Maw into a cute fuzzy creature, but put her up against Xerath and she dies. Quickly.

Astraltar

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLotus View Post
Considering that the most powerfull champion in the league has to have magical powers is just dumb.

You can be able to destroy anyone with only a spell, but assuming you will land the spell for sure is entirelly different.

I see honestly Jax dodging anything anyone trows at him and destroying their skull after.

So it comes to definition really...

A champion that can beat anyone 1 vs 1? Jax>all
A champion that can destroy the world? Cho gath.
So let's put your logic up against someone like Veigar:

-Veigar summons a mile-wide black hole centered around Jax.
-Jax tries to leap-strike out and fails spectacularly.
-Jax dies.
-Veigar puts Teemo down as his next target.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

KuzAnn

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraltar View Post

-Jax dies.

You're assuming that Veigar's cartoon-villain status wouldn't come around to foil him there, too. (Not saying Jax can beat a black hole, cause he can't, but it's VEIGAR we're talking about here.) Yes, Veigar is super powerful, but what has he done? Tried to steal a precious yordle landmark with balloons and horseshoes and... Has he actually done anything else? I doubt Veigar could do something as simple as sticking someone in a black hole without messing it up somehow. It's his nature, and as a character he's meant to be the "villain" that we all get a good laugh out of.

Here's what I would imagine happening given Veigar's insane wannabe villain nature:
-Veigar traps Jax in his magical black hole, or whatever the Tiny Master of Evil happens to feel like using at the moment.
-Instead of just killing him, Veigar is so taken with the fact that he's actually winning for once that he starts to villainously monologue right on the spot with Jax as his literally-captive audience.
-Veigar takes so long with his monologue that Teemo finds him and decides to shoot him with as many darts as possible while his back is turned.
-Veigar passes out from the poison on Teemo's darts and the spell is lifted, releasing Jax.

I'll believe that Veigar can be competent as a villain when I see it. So far he's done nothing for the most part and when he actually did do something that might be worth-while he bungled it by making it so ridiculous that it was bound to be foiled somehow. If he's the master of space and gravity why didn't he just make the Mothership itself lighter, and then just tow it away like a balloon and kill everyone present with a black hole? Why didn't he just kill everyone anyway when he was making his escape when he actually tried to steal the Mothership? And why hasn't he used his powers to land large meteorites on the city-states that he's so eager to "bring to their knees"?

I doubt he'd even be smart or non-crazy enough to trap Jax in a black hole, he'd probably use something goofy like magic tar or whatever instead of going straight to the big stuff like he aught to. All his power, which I do believe he has a lot of, is basically worthless if he can't use it right. Nasus, Malzahar, Cho'Gath, Anivia, etc. are all able to utilize their power to the fullest and will likely do so if the need arises. Even Renekton does better despite his insanity because he's actually seen as a threat and will actually kill you if given the chance. And he will enjoy it. Immensely.

In the way of power level, as in how much raw power he possesses, yeah I would rank Veigar pretty high. But as far as the ability to use it given what his intent is supposed to be? He's pretty much a non-factor unless you want something to laugh at when comparing him to the champions who can actually use their power to its maximum effect. If Veigar were somehow able to become un-crazy and shed his cartoon-villain status then yes, I believe he could become the ruler of Valoran, if not the universe(no guarantee with our other powerful contenders/defenders but he would be able to compete with his abilities). But as he is now? No, he's not a legitimate threat and he is nowhere near using his powers to their fullest. I wonder if those dark wizards who tutored Veigar are either shaking their heads in disappointment or laughing cause they knew he'd be such great entertainment.

EDIT: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...-august-21-cle

Wickian

06-12-2012

Veiger just needs to spend some time with Lulu in that fairy realm where rules make no sense to get his head on straight, then he'll be a threat.

KuzAnn

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraltar View Post

-Jax dies.

Now if you were using an actual competent magic-using champion like Nasus or Xerath vs Jax then yes, I would agree that they would probably win, unless Jax somehow got his hands on magical armor to defend himself from their magic attacks and magical weapons to allow him to actually hurt them, but as-is with normal weapons I don't think he would fare very well.

Huh, you know, what anti-mage weaponry does Valoran have? You'd think that with the overwhelming advantage mages enjoy in battle the more normal people would have come up with something to fight them with.

Exervus

06-12-2012

Anivia and Brand are not gods, and (as I believe) are on Par with their powers, they are what seems to be ever living elementals, something that is part of the planet. Brand nor Anivia can be destroyed truly as just their physical form would be destroyed.

throwmeaname

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuzAnn View Post
You're assuming that Veigar's cartoon-villain status wouldn't come around to foil him there, too. (Not saying Jax can beat a black hole, cause he can't, but it's VEIGAR we're talking about here.) Yes, Veigar is super powerful, but what has he done? Tried to steal a precious yordle landmark with balloons and horseshoes and... Has he actually done anything else? I doubt Veigar could do something as simple as sticking someone in a black hole without messing it up somehow. It's his nature, and as a character he's meant to be the "villain" that we all get a good laugh out of.

Here's what I would imagine happening given Veigar's insane wannabe villain nature:
-Veigar traps Jax in his magical black hole, or whatever the Tiny Master of Evil happens to feel like using at the moment.
-Instead of just killing him, Veigar is so taken with the fact that he's actually winning for once that he starts to villainously monologue right on the spot with Jax as his literally-captive audience.
-Veigar takes so long with his monologue that Teemo finds him and decides to shoot him with as many darts as possible while his back is turned.
-Veigar passes out from the poison on Teemo's darts and the spell is lifted, releasing Jax.

I'll believe that Veigar can be competent as a villain when I see it. So far he's done nothing for the most part and when he actually did do something that might be worth-while he bungled it by making it so ridiculous that it was bound to be foiled somehow. If he's the master of space and gravity why didn't he just make the Mothership itself lighter, and then just tow it away like a balloon and kill everyone present with a black hole? Why didn't he just kill everyone anyway when he was making his escape when he actually tried to steal the Mothership? And why hasn't he used his powers to land large meteorites on the city-states that he's so eager to "bring to their knees"?

I doubt he'd even be smart or non-crazy enough to trap Jax in a black hole, he'd probably use something goofy like magic tar or whatever instead of going straight to the big stuff like he aught to. All his power, which I do believe he has a lot of, is basically worthless if he can't use it right. Nasus, Malzahar, Cho'Gath, Anivia, etc. are all able to utilize their power to the fullest and will likely do so if the need arises. Even Renekton does better despite his insanity because he's actually seen as a threat and will actually kill you if given the chance. And he will enjoy it. Immensely.

In the way of power level, as in how much raw power he possesses, yeah I would rank Veigar pretty high. But as far as the ability to use it given what his intent is supposed to be? He's pretty much a non-factor unless you want something to laugh at when comparing him to the champions who can actually use their power to its maximum effect. If Veigar were somehow able to become un-crazy and shed his cartoon-villain status then yes, I believe he could become the ruler of Valoran, if not the universe(no guarantee with our other powerful contenders/defenders but he would be able to compete with his abilities). But as he is now? No, he's not a legitimate threat and he is nowhere near using his powers to their fullest. I wonder if those dark wizards who tutored Veigar are either shaking their heads in disappointment or laughing cause they knew he'd be such great entertainment.

EDIT: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...-august-21-cle
Well made post. I don't see why people thumb you down. I mean, you backed up your points with evidence and structured it well.

I do agree that Jax is the strongest fighter in the league. I mean, obviously Jax isn't invincible and would probably die to a 1mile meteor. But as powerful as Veigar is, Veigar won't even have the CHANCE to cast that meteor against Jax. Given, of course, that there is a cast time on that meteor!

For an unbeatable fighter like Jax, Jax knows that It's not about how much hit you can absorb, its about preventing that hit from making contact, or, in the case of spellcasters, interupting that spell completely.