Who is the absolute strongest champion? (Lore wise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astraltar

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehpersuns View Post
There are many times when magic users have been over powered with martial strength. Teemo beating Vieger, Jarvan going toe to toe with Swain, and it's implied that Wukong has defeated several of the league's champions in duels, including its many powereful mages. Also, Zerith isn't yet a creature of pure magic, still being bound by the sarcophagus.
HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME

Serious answer: It's implied Jarvan was actually LeBlanc in that battle, and the entire battle was staged. Veigar was defeated because of the sharp-necked/winged/whatever geese, and Teemo only served to hinder - and not even stop - his getaway.
I'm not sure where it was implied that Wukong defeated some mages - please provide a link, and I'll check it out.
You have a point on Xerath, but he's still terrifically powerful even in his current form.

Astraltar

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeta88 View Post
The void in general should be at the top of any lists made. Cho gath only stopped because he felt the League would be fun or whatever. untill then the league is terrified of when he gets "bored".

Kog Maw only stopped his rampage of a feast when Malzahar pretty much told him stop eating that junk food and come sample the best Runeterra has to offer!

And if Karthus is considered close to the top of the list it is worth mentioning that when he got involved with the fight between Malz and Kass he died.....again.

I agree annie is a candidate when she grows up. TBH if you want to get an idea look at Lina from Dota. I would image her theme is inspired by her.

viegar is also very powerful I would image but is often ruined by his own clumsyness and general insanity.

Speaking of which lets not forget Renekton! This dude might be even stronger than Nasus if you think about it!

Nasus was the teacher. He stayed in the Library and taught people while learning on his own as well. Renekton was the guard to all this! All this knowledge and power and he was the placed as the guard dog so to speak. He has to have considerable power!

I think he has an almost incredible Hulk sorta thing going on. Think about it. In Lore and in game he more or less gains strength from his rage! But rage makes you crazy and almost blind! You bumrush and dont use strategy! Think about his Judgement or lore. Nasus warned him not to attack under the fountain but he still charged in enraged!

He is also the only other one. besides maokai, to be "shown" at full power or close to it in a league match. At that level he runs right over rammus, allistar and miss fortune to get to his prize.

And as he was turning mad his rage cause him to . So Nasus was either his equal or a bit stronger! Im guessing his equal and in his mindless rage he was no match for Nasus calm intellect and combat prowess! Renektons rage was matched blow for blow with knowledge! But knowledge only goes so far and if Renekton was enraged enough would even Nasus stand a chance?
You are correct on the Cho'gath/Kog'Maw things; I'll add them to the list.
About Karthus: His near-immortality is the main thing that puts him on the list, along with Requiem.
I also agree with you on Veigar; I probably would have put him on the Definite Candidates list if he wasn't so... insane.
And although Renekton was defeated by Nasus, you really have a point. I'm putting Renekton off the discredited list.

Thanks for the input!

TheMeta88

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraltar View Post
HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME

Serious answer: It's implied Jarvan was actually LeBlanc in that battle, and the entire battle was staged. Veigar was defeated because of the sharp-necked/winged/whatever geese, and Teemo only served to hinder - and not even stop - his getaway.
I'm not sure where it was implied that Wukong defeated some mages - please provide a link, and I'll check it out.
You have a point on Xerath, but he's still terrifically powerful even in his current form.
Actually he might be refering to Jarvan's Judgement when Swain ambushes him. Even when taken by suprise Jarvan puts up a fight and the two are even and would pretty much have killed each other had summoners not intervened.

EDIT: and in response to ur reply to my post. Thanks and no problem!

Astraltar

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeta88 View Post
Actually he might be refering to Jarvan's Judgement when Swain ambushes him. Even when taken by suprise Jarvan puts up a fight and the two are even and would pretty much have killed each other had summoners not intervened.

EDIT: and in response to ur reply to my post. Thanks and no problem!
I just checked the Judgment, and you're correct... Perhaps I should amend my statement.

Melee users without considerable magic powers can beat magic users, sometimes. However, they frankly can't compare to people of MASSIVE power like Xerath, Nasus, or Renekton. It is completely possible for them to equal "lesser" users, like Swain and maybe even Veigar, but I don't think they can actually be candidates for the most powerful champion.

Meztere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

Come one guys, there's still plenty of open spaces!

Sk4r3Kr0w

06-11-2012

I'd have to say Anivia takes the cake here.

She is a god, has existed since the beginning of everything, and probably views the league as just another stepping stone of time, that will come to pass eventually. She'll be around long after everything in the current lore has ended.

What beats that? Jax doesn't, Xerath hasn't got a hope, and neither does nocturne, as she probably does not sleep.

I don't even see the fire based champions winning, since she is immortal and can not be destroyed. The limits of her power are probably unfathomable.

TheMeta88

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk4r3Kr0w View Post

She is a god, has existed since the beginning of everything, and probably views the league as just another stepping stone of time, that will come to pass eventually. She'll be around long after everything in the current lore has ended.

What beats that? Jax doesn't, Xerath hasn't got a hope, and neither does nocturne, as she probably does not sleep.

I don't even see the fire based champions winning, since she is immortal and can not be destroyed. The limits of her power are probably unfathomable.
And what is brand? An immortal "godlike" being of destruction! Isnt that part of his lore is that they couldnt kill him so they trapped him? They could just trap anivia in her egg or something. Yes it isnt killing her but she is as good as dead.

I dont think immortality should really count. It is a fantasy universe...stuff happens. lol.

I think anivia does sleep. How do you stay awake for millennia and not go insane?

Upon looking at brands lore I stand by what i say and feel that the only reason his lore is so weak is because riot failed. lol. they had to bring him to the league quick so they derped.

And from Anivias lore
Quote:
Some say the world will end in fire...
What is brand again? And from Brands quotes.

Quote:
Some say the world will end in fire
hmmmm.and

Quote:
I am the fire that cleanses the world!

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Alright, I'm bound and determined to make the point that Nasus is not the most powerful being ever...

1. He heard pleas from summoners, these *powerful* mages that can do whatever. Not all summoners are of equal strength. Had Nasus been summoned by Kolminye or Ashram, he probably would've been handed to right away if he tried to start a fight. Low level summoners have done stupid stuff before, like the illegal summoning of Fiddlesticks, and Lee Sin's stupidity as a youth where he blew up a village. There are hundreds of summoners, not every one of them is as godlike as the rest.

2. Nasus comes from an entire race of people the same strength as himself. The only reason he is in the position of the Great Library Protector is because of his intellect, not his strength. His entire race is as strong as him, but his intelligence is was sets him apart.

3. Why are you guys basing this on how big a threat an individual is? Anivia isn't a threat? If she wanted to she could more than likely create a new ice-age and destroy all of Valoran, but she doesn't. It's not because she's weak, but because she isn't a violent individual. There's no reason for Anivia not to be at the top of this list compared to Nasus.

4. Champions like Cho'Gath and Brand have never really seemed to struggle in their binds. In my opinion Cho'Gath is waiting for something. He is an extremely powerful void creature, and with Malzahar and Kog'Maw wandering around doing their thing I imagine he's just being patient, with some greater plan in mind. Besides, as far as I'm concerned he was bound by Reginald Ashram himself. Brand on the other hand, seems to know what the Institute is up to, and is just waiting for his opportunity to wipe everyone out.

5. Didn't you see the bloopers for Season 1? Nasus clearly has a weakness for tennis balls, one that could easily lead him to his death. To big a weakness to let him hold the title as #1.

SentinelOfPain

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
Alright, I'm bound and determined to make the point that Nasus is not the most powerful being ever...

1. He heard pleas from summoners, these *powerful* mages that can do whatever. Not all summoners are of equal strength. Had Nasus been summoned by Kolminye or Ashram, he probably would've been handed to right away if he tried to start a fight. Low level summoners have done stupid stuff before, like the illegal summoning of Fiddlesticks, and Lee Sin's stupidity as a youth where he blew up a village. There are hundreds of summoners, not every one of them is as godlike as the rest.
And yet, these specific summoners were powerful enough to summon this being of immense strength (and most likely size because he was fighting his brother) as WELL as his brother from a distant planet incredibly far away. Obviously these summoners were weak and unskilled right? Don't make me laugh.

Quote:
2. Nasus comes from an entire race of people the same strength as himself. The only reason he is in the position of the Great Library Protector is because of his intellect, not his strength. His entire race is as strong as him, but his intelligence is was sets him apart.
Same strength? He beat the protector of the library AND he is a leader figure. I highly doubt that there are many as strong let alone stronger than Nasus.

Quote:
3. Why are you guys basing this on how big a threat an individual is? Anivia isn't a threat? If she wanted to she could more than likely create a new ice-age and destroy all of Valoran, but she doesn't. It's not because she's weak, but because she isn't a violent individual. There's no reason for Anivia not to be at the top of this list compared to Nasus.
Anivia is NOT THAT POWERFUL. NO WHERE in her lore does she say it is, NO WHERE in the game does it show her have that much power, NO WHERE did a red EVER say she was this powerful. ALL SHE IS, IS A PHOENIX. That IS IT.

As for the individual, we want to know the most powerful champion, if they go one on one with each other in a fair fight, the victor should obviously be the stronger (lore wise). Some also factor in armies or political power, but for the most part it's physical/ magical strength.

Quote:
4. Champions like Cho'Gath and Brand have never really seemed to struggle in their binds. In my opinion Cho'Gath is waiting for something. He is an extremely powerful void creature, and with Malzahar and Kog'Maw wandering around doing their thing I imagine he's just being patient, with some greater plan in mind. Besides, as far as I'm concerned he was bound by Reginald Ashram himself. Brand on the other hand, seems to know what the Institute is up to, and is just waiting for his opportunity to wipe everyone out.
Brand DID struggle in an interview with the JoJ. None of the void creatures were necessarily bound by powerful summoners, and it is highly unlikely Ashram did it. He has been gone for quite some time and quite frankly you give this summoner too much credit. Is he the best summoner? MAYBE. Is he strong enough to take on Nasus or Brand alone? I highly doubt it.

Quote:
5. Didn't you see the bloopers for Season 1? Nasus clearly has a weakness for tennis balls, one that could easily lead him to his death. To big a weakness to let him hold the title as #1.
I'll take this seriously. Even if bloopers were part of the lore and even if they showed some insight as to how a champion works, it's a joke. Throw a tennis ball in combat and he would simply kill you.

SentinelOfPain

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk4r3Kr0w View Post

I know I just replied to someone else about Anivia, but I'm tired of this, "she is a God," argument. I'm going to bash Anivia into the ground RIGHT. NOW.

Firstly, her title is the cryo PHOENIX.

Secondly, I did a ctrl + F of the word God on her lore page. Wasn't mentioned.

Third, the lore CLEARLY STATES that she is a being formed by the elements.

Quote:
What few know, however, is that phoenixes are elemental beings, formed by the eternal essences of their native world.
The strongest thing about her stated in her lore is that she can not die. This is due to the fact that she is continuously reborn as an egg, but in theory if you kill the egg (like in the game) she will meet a true death.

The second most interesting (and unexplained) thing about her is that she "somehow knew" that she would be summoned to the league. After this fact, she becomes uninteresting and generally lacking in power.

Other lore facts are that:

She made friends with Ashe and Nunu.

She works with the league to bring other phoenixes to the league (a task that so far, hasn't worked out yet).

As you can see, she is not:

-A Godlike being.

-Even close to unstoppable.

-A threat needed to be watched over.

-Very sensible. For all her Wisdom where does she guard? A frozen waste.

Is she at ALL powerful? Yes, she joined the league, but then again why does that matter? Jax was an ordinary soldier. Yi and Fiora, although quite skilled are simple bladesmen. TEEMO IS IN THE LEAGUE.

She may be stronger than say, the average magic user (current Annie, MAYBE Swain, possibly Morgana) but compare her to Xeranth and it's no contest.