Who is the absolute strongest champion? (Lore wise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lucaslumen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

renekton should be at the first place for three reasons :
first he's a badass demi-god crocodile you can't disagree
he have more farm than nasus just read his lore
the only thing he have to do is manage his anger and then he will be the strongest warrior in runeterra

why nasus shouldn't be at first place:
he is a *** who lived in a library
he used to farm books,books doesn't increase your "q" power..

also you should ask renekton himself and you will realize how badass and strong is him

Eltheran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

Xerath is bascily man who achived godhood (unbound of course) so my vote goes on him

WayTooAsian4U

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaslumen View Post
renekton should be at the first place for three reasons :
first he's a badass demi-god crocodile you can't disagree
he have more farm than nasus just read his lore
the only thing he have to do is manage his anger and then he will be the strongest warrior in runeterra

why nasus shouldn't be at first place:
he is a *** who lived in a library
he used to farm books,books doesn't increase your "q" power..

also you should ask renekton himself and you will realize how badass and strong is him
Then why did nasus beat him?

lucaslumen

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooAsian4U View Post
Then why did nasus beat him?
renekton was blinded by his rage so he was his own enemy if he managed the rage he could just one hit nasus with all that farm

ps:sorry for english >.<

Kaspellaer

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuzAnn View Post
Where in the lore does it state that Nasus, Xerath, Renekton, and Anivia are gods? I can't find even a mention of the word "god" in any of their bios save for Nasus, and in his bio it states that others of his race--not Nasus himself--had deluded themselves into thinking they were gods. You can be immortal without being a god in the world of LoL, and Renekton at the very least isn't even that because Nasus almost killed him as stated in Renekton's bio.

Nasus's Bio: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...r_of_the_sands (Contradicted by parts of Renekton's bio, so it is at least partially outdated at this point. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.)
Xerath's Bio: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...agus_ascendant
Xerath's Judgement: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=15137608
Renekton's Bio: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...r_of_the_sands
Renekton's Judgement: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=454064
Anivia's Bio: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...he_cryophoenix
Fine, effectively gods.
Semantics.

Dardstar

06-18-2012

Someone big who I feel is missing from the 'possible candidates' list is NUNU, in his lore it states that he is mature beyond his years, and if that's what he is like now, imagine what he will be like when he grows up.

In this sense he is similar to annie, being a kid genius, but I believe he has more drive to become the best. Not only does he represent his entire adoptive race (talk about weight on his shoulders), but somewhat tied to his passive in game, he is a visionary, mature beyond his years, and has a bright future, I think he seems like someone who would study and practise to become stronger.

Mr Mad Cow

06-18-2012

I think malzahar should be on the list rather than zilean.
He can't really time travel, mind you, else he would have saved his town already, he can only relive old moments, and theres not much power in that.

Dardstar

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mad Cow View Post
I think malzahar should be on the list rather than zilean.
He can't really time travel, mind you, else he would have saved his town already, he can only relive old moments, and theres not much power in that.
SOMEWHAT agree, I feel like he is KIND of on this list due to his time powers, however he actually can't see every moment, just every moment he has ever lived up to this point, which I suppose is a power somewhat in it of itself, if he can drift back to any moment, its conceivable he could watch every champion fight over and over a million times and learn every weakness.

However if you read his lore, an ENTIRE phalanx of dark summoners went out of their way to avoid his wrath, I'm under the impression that an entire phalanx of dark summoner-knights can do quite a bit of damage, since one can wipe out an entire civilization.

I think that marks him as being pretty * strong.

KuzAnn

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspellaer View Post
Fine, effectively gods.
Semantics.
Meaning is actually pretty important in this case. The terms "god" and "godhood" are interpreted differently depending on the background of the person you're asking; some set the bar for godhood really high and others are more lenient. There is also difference in the qualifications for godhood depending on which fantasy universe you look at; as with personal opinion some universes set the bar high and others have lower standards. We don't know what the power and ability qualifications for godhood are in the LoL universe: what if they require omnipotence, the ability to actually create worlds, worshipers, and/or immunity to direct interference from mortals? Do we even have any official deities that people worship on Runeterra?

That's why I think it's important that Riot hasn't said that these champions are gods. They haven't told us what it requires to be a god in their universe yet, or if there even are beings in existence who count as gods. It could be an entirely godless universe for all we know.

MiaoLong

06-18-2012

I don't get why people discount Jax.

It's heavily implied that Jax is the undefeated champion of the Sparring Pits, where I assume practically any champion can participate in. Unless some even more powerful champions just never stopped by-- but then it'd be silly to mention Jax in that context, if he wasn't one of the strongest anyhow.

Furthermore, it's obvious that Jax has magical abilities-- that Empower isn't just getting ready to hit really, really hard, it's him pouring magical energy into that lamp. I bet Grandmaster's might has a magical basis behind it as well, considering the +MR. So even if hit by magical abilities, Jax probably has latent magical resistance to it.

Finally, it's implied that Jax is the former High Councilor Reginald Ashtram, which makes it beyond silly to call him a simple martial champion.

By association, we can bring Master Yi back in this equation as well, since Wukong is slightly weaker than Jax, and it's assumed the master is still greater than the student, given tha Wukong admits he still has much to learn.

Furthermore, if you take Master Yi's old lore into account, which doesn't conflict with hisnew lore at all, he’s a tens of thousands year old master of Wuju whose peaceful village was razed he ground. The lore specifically describes him being able to resist magic, rendering it useless against him. it’s silly to say that he doesn’t have latent magical abilities from his mastery of the Wuju style, either. Especially since he’s shown to be able to heal almost all of his vitality from chanting, he can use Wuju style to move faster, strike faster, and resist magic, and he can frickin’ step into another dimension to attack someone. Yi almost surely has resistance to magical abilities as well.

(As a negative example, I'm sure Fiora would be wiped off the map by some of the mage champions here. As far as the lore tells us, she's just a chick with a sword.)

Finally, I know you guys seem to lean towards magical champions being more powerful than physical, but you really have to question how well could Veigar could dodge a sword blade. “Not at all” comes to mind quickly, and it quickly becomes clear that in close quarters, most mage champions are pretty screwed. I’d put the number of sword slashes Veigar could take from Yi before the tiny master bites it, somewhere between “half” and “one”. And remember, this is a not only a swordsman, but one who can fold the very edges of space.