The Shurima Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BonesawBreaker

5 Days Ago

(after the Freljord patch right? this one is also the Mages patch)
(cross posted from reddit, http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...shurima_patch/)

The Xerath Event

Destroyed Shurima in a catastrophe so severe and entire that it created the Icathian Beacon, a tear through the reality of Runeterra as it is and into the Void beyond. It unmoored Zilean from time and spread the wild magic of Xerath’s ascension far over the world in a tidal wave of shredding blue fire.
The aliens within the Void outside of Runeterra hissed into the mind of a young sensitive in the Nal Shee tribes that foraged at the edge of the desert some decades after the brutal explosion. A young man with the tell tale signs of shamanism in the tribe, Malzahar, saw in his mind the image of himself with a woman’s body - a vision he so desired that he wandered into the great desert to find it.

Anivia - The most successful opponent of Lissandra who is a clone of Syndra that the void still control.

Brand - The boy with the glass shard of the mirror blown into his eye. Brand, far in the future of Shurima, received one of the long shredded tendrils of Xerath's dying fire and it has made him the walking storm the apocalypse. He feels within himself to the power to shake the world, and is a little surprised when Viktor auditions him for the role of chief opponent and turned him over in favor of the void.

Cassiopeia - Daughter of Swain, enamored enough of Brand to suggest to her father that they incorporate the magician into the ranks of the Noxus military. In her report she mentions that for some reason certain factions in Zaun are extremely nervous about this happening, and that she does not completely understand why.

Heimer - his science tells him that Zilean must be telling the truth, but has a very hard time listening to that obviously insane quantum accident.

Karma - Ionian meditation has taught her to fear the void, more than Noxus, more than Brand or Karthus. She is the counterpart of Swain, with her eye on the real ball instead of the pageant of Jarvan’s war with the magician kingdom.

Karthus- the bard, understands a great deal of the story and does not agree that he must take a side.

Kassadin - he came as a modern student to Icathia but he did not open his mind to the void in the same spirit as Malzahar. He came to the haunted ruins and he fled into the portal itself. He grew the armor he wears, self defense against the hostile environment. He encysted into the encounter gear and passed who knows how ‘long’ in the timeless dark of the outside. When he returned he had imperatives that he could not make sense of and Zilean could find him wherever he was.

Lissandra - a statue, an investment. True ice has the void at its heart. Beneath the helmet she looks exactly like Syndra.

Lux - Somewhat insane. The sole practitioner of otherwise illegal magic in AD Demacia. Terrifyed that perhaps she is irredemiably corrupt.

Malzahar - the young seer’s mind was destroyed by the scale of the history that he was shown in communion with the epoch spanning Void people. Now his motives are obscure but he performs the role of forerunner and herald of the Void. Prior to contact with them he could see many futures, now he sees only one. When the air of vague distraction clears from his eyes and he really looks at something the subject of his gaze burns away. (Skin idea: Time Mage Malzahar, as a de-voided Malzahar, with time rune effects for his max health prison etc)

Orianna - has begun to make up her own mind, and will fight for the reality of creatures that the flesh people shaped like her reject as sentient. Faction Viktor. (Skin, battlecast Orianna, the queen of the Iron chess board. From her empty middle swarm the bot-lings of Creator Viktor)

Ryze - A mercenary infected with runaway magic. He believes that in Noxus he will find the secret that will let him cope with and control the affliction that he wields to increase his arcane aptitude. Swain allows him to continue thinking that. Kassadin would like to tell him otherwise.

Swain - The leading mind of the Noxus state. His daughters are Cassiopeia, who hopes to bring him into alliance with Brand, and Katarina who Swain believes he might be able to offer to Malzahar in order to create an alliance that he views as more strategic with the Void.

Syndra - the mannequin that the void created to show to Malzahar, a female body for him to inhabit if he would open the way for them. She, through accident of surging power, awakened to herself. Now she does not know Malzahar but has the loathsome sickening feeling that he believes that he knows her. She shudders when he stares at her. (new in game dialogue : “I am not. Your body.” )

Veigar - a student of extremely arcane material. Recognizes the Void as.. alien. Neutral.

Velkoz - Like Malzahar, what he looks at is destroyed.

Viktor - The father of machines has enslaved a virtual copy of Xerath assembled from careful mathematic and reading of the residual vibrations of the ascension. Viktor is on the real trail to recreating the power that he knows must have existed. He believes in darwinian selection and is eager for the void to come to prove that his machines are stronger.

Vladimir - feeds on stragglers, a neutral with some noxus allegiance.

Xerath - The impossible start of the super saturation of Runeterra with the arcane. The Xerath event is connected to almost every major magician in the league.

Zilean - He looked up and his friend was standing in the middle of an unfamiliar ritual circle. They locked eyes and in that moment Zilean knew that Xerath must not do what he intended to do -- then he did. Zilean would like to heal Malzahar and to stop Viktor. Zilean believes he needs Kassadin to do that.

Ziggs - believes that in Zaun he ought be able to stay between Swain and Viktor, beloved by both as a master of his craft

Zyra - the other side of the Maokai equation. She is a byproduct of toxic amounts of arcane material that the plants managed to adapt to and now, use. She is fascinated by Elise
(Who I didn't do one for_)

LordHippoman

5 Days Ago

What? Huh? Is this a character summary for some fan fiction or something? Because it just kind of looks like a bunch of random anecdotes about champions that aren't true.

Samuel L Jaxx

5 Days Ago

???

SecretLore

4 Days Ago

I have no idea what you are trying to do here.
Is that supposed to be some fan created lore event with all kinds of retcons?

I mean cassio and katarina being swains daughters?that more or less erases their dad from the lore(and if that happened,then who helped talon?).

Also Orianna is even listed as a rival to viktor,as she stands for the complete opposite of what viktor wants(orianna being a robot who wants to be human,while viktor is a human who wants to be robot)

Syndra being a female body for malzahar,but for what reason?Not to mention how is the void supposed to recreate a human with so much power(syndra is implied to be really powerful) and Lissandra being clone of Syndra,despite the fact that Lissandra is far older than Syndra(not to mention that she had 2 sisters)

Overall you call this a shurima patch,but there is almost nothing that has to do with shurima,the only thing is xerath being magical and stuff and then it is almost all about the void.

Motajo

4 Days Ago

I.. er.. what?

BonesawBreaker

4 Days Ago

Haha I can feel you resisting the idea that Malzahar is gender dysmorphic female, that he worships the cho gath aliens because they promised him a womans body.

Would it help at all if I told you that Annie was like a dragon age witch?? An outlawed talent in Demacia??

Mages.

BonesawBreaker

4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
some fan created lore event with all kinds of retcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
almost nothing that has to do with shurima,the only thing is xerath being magical and stuff and then it is almost all about the void.
Shurima and Icathia! By positioning Zilean and Viktor as inheritors of this old Full Metal adventure it advances Shurima themes. There is a lot of Void I'm a big Void guy etc

LordHippoman

4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesawBreaker View Post
Haha I can feel you resisting the idea that Malzahar is gender dysmorphic female, that he worships the cho gath aliens because they promised him a womans body.
I feel like this is the Lore Forums in a nutshell. Just add something about Jinx's sister and a joke about RiotKitae and we've hit the peak.

Gentleman Gaston

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

4 Days Ago

Quote:

Would it help at all if I told you that Annie was like a dragon age witch?? An outlawed talent in Demacia??

Mages.
Sometimes I wish these forums existed on a traditional forum engine so we could use signatures, because this would be mine.

Motajo

4 Days Ago

Quote:
Haha I can feel you resisting the idea
We're kinda resisting every idea