Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Am I playing nidalee correctly?

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

88CamIsaFish88

Junior Member

06-04-2012

Here is a video of me playing nidalee
tell me what you think
and comment below what build is best for her (opinion based)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSTB86Tnho


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Synvall

Member

06-04-2012

I play nidalee a lot, but honestly I can't tell you just by a couple of clips although they were good shots. nidalee should be played as cleanup in a team fight or atleast thats how i play her. Other opinions may vary, but good job.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

no5peakenglish

Senior Member

06-04-2012

this is the 3rd different thread ive seen you post this video...are you just promoting it or are you actually looking for advice?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

88CamIsaFish88

Junior Member

06-04-2012

Quote:
no5peakenglish:
this is the 3rd different thread ive seen you post this video...are you just promoting it or are you actually looking for advice?


im looking for advice but no one is giving any decent advice...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

Senior Member

06-04-2012

Alright, here's actual advice.

AP Nid: Tough, but fun. Spears can literally 1 shot, if you're fed enough. Pounce then Swipe can clear waves instantly. Heal is really effective. You gotta be able to stay back and poke effectively, or you're wasting your time. Start with boots, then go RoA into Deathcap. Then build whatever you need at the time.

AD Nid: Easier, but a bit more boring in my opinion. Try to be a cat during fights, and pounce in their carry. Turn back into human to heal or mop up. Abuse your passive early. Run up through a bush, throw an auto attack, then back out super quick. Start boots, go either Phage, Wriggle's, or Hexdrinker depending on the enemy team. From there, build a normal tanky DPS build. A sheen helps a lot too.

Notably, everything I said came from here, which is probably the best Nidalee guide out there: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=13827


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

no5peakenglish

Senior Member

06-04-2012

where do you lane? do you play solotop nid? is that ad/tanky? do you play ap nid? do you play support nid?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zonkoo

Member

06-04-2012

The range damage of your spear is calculated from when the spear hits the target, not when it is thrown. so you can throw it and run back for max dmg


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

88CamIsaFish88

Junior Member

06-04-2012

Quote:
TeknoWizard:
Alright, here's actual advice.

AP Nid: Tough, but fun. Spears can literally 1 shot, if you're fed enough. Pounce then Swipe can clear waves instantly. Heal is really effective. You gotta be able to stay back and poke effectively, or you're wasting your time. Start with boots, then go RoA into Deathcap. Then build whatever you need at the time.

AD Nid: Easier, but a bit more boring in my opinion. Try to be a cat during fights, and pounce in their carry. Turn back into human to heal or mop up. Abuse your passive early. Run up through a bush, throw an auto attack, then back out super quick. Start boots, go either Phage, Wriggle's, or Hexdrinker depending on the enemy team. From there, build a normal tanky DPS build. A sheen helps a lot too.

Notably, everything I said came from here, which is probably the best Nidalee guide out there: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=13827


okay thank you so much


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

88CamIsaFish88

Junior Member

06-04-2012

Quote:
no5peakenglish:
where do you lane? do you play solotop nid? is that ad/tanky? do you play ap nid? do you play support nid?


i play ap nid, usually solo mid


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

Senior Member

06-05-2012

Quote:
88CamIsaFish88:
i play ap nid, usually solo mid


Midalee is certainly viable, but I suggest going top. With a passive as good as her's, you really want to be abusing it as much as possible. And since you're in mid, you don't get that option.


1