Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2457 26.89%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3161 34.59%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 955 10.45%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3732 40.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 9138 .

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

08-11-2012

yay for additional bumps

TechieGee

Recruiter

08-11-2012

This is an important thread.

And to the top you go!

alsowikk

08-11-2012

Thanks Techie, feel free to keep bumping for us!

alsowikk

08-11-2012

To the top

alsowikk

08-11-2012

And again

PastrySandwich

08-11-2012

This makes sense, and I think could really be fixed with a set core of "learner champs", or the recomended tags. Allow these to always be free and then all new players have a set base to choose from as they are getting the hang of the game. Then the 10 per week system would still be very relevant and let players experience the wide array that Riot has created.

This should acctually help Riot retain new players as well as the small rotation and huge line-up could be a serious barrier of entry for newer players. The system worked well when I joined and every week there were new champs for me to play and learn, but at that time I had played them all within a couple of months. Now it would be far to hard to experince the different champs. This is really worth Riot looking into.

alsowikk

08-11-2012

@Remme, the thing is that the whole recommended tags would be alot more ip worth then the 450's alone. The free week is great to help us learn, but also it needs to provide variety and ten champions doesn't work like it used to.

When I joined up we could rotate all the champions in a month and a half tops, now...it'd be two and a half maps.

Dorryza

08-11-2012

@Alsowikk you're taking over all of my roles >_>

alsowikk

08-11-2012

@dorryza, the assimilation is almost complete

MathMage

08-11-2012

the post kinda biases the poll towards the last option...

but i do agree Riot needs to adjust their models to account for the fact that we've got 100 champs now instead of 40.