Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2457 26.89%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3161 34.59%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 955 10.45%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3732 40.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 9138 .

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

Senior Member

06-09-2012

It's bumpagaiden!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Shotgun

Senior Member

06-09-2012

I voted for 15, but I think maybe it should be 16 so we can get more people into normal drafts from a lower level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

Senior Member

06-09-2012

@Dr. Shotgun: That's feasible. However, are you sure that you want people who haven't even bought a single champ to do draft? They wouldn't know how to ban/pick appropriate people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

Senior Member

06-09-2012

bump-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

Senior Member

06-09-2012

Quote:
Dorryza:
@Dr. Shotgun: That's feasible. However, are you sure that you want people who haven't even bought a single champ to do draft? They wouldn't know how to ban/pick appropriate people.


Wait, riot doesn't let us use free champions(well not owned free champions) in ranked draft. So in cutsom draft they'd probably need to add a toggle for that one as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obake

Senior Member

06-09-2012

I'm still fairly new and saving IP for champs I've played and want, but I've definitely already noticed it seems to be the same 20 or 30 champs rotating every 3 weeks. There's an occasional oddball in there but its not enough.

I'd prefer to see the 450 champs become free permanently, then expand the free roster size if they still find themselves in a rut.

And I just realized that could read like I'm begging for free champs cuz I'm new, which isn't the case. The 2 450s I find marginally interesting I already have, the rest I don't even want. I just think it would work better to take out the champs people are most likely to already have and diversify free week, while providing complete newbies with a constant base while they learn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

Senior Member

06-09-2012

Quote:
Obake:
I'm still fairly new and saving IP for champs I've played and want, but I've definitely already noticed it seems to be the same 20 or 30 champs rotating every 3 weeks. There's an occasional oddball in there but its not enough.

I'd prefer to see the 450 champs become free permanently, then expand the free roster size if they still find themselves in a rut.

And I just realized that could read like I'm begging for free champs cuz I'm new, which isn't the case. The 2 450s I find marginally interesting I already have, the rest I don't even want. I just think it would work better to take out the champs people are most likely to already have and diversify free week, while providing complete newbies with a constant base while they learn.


This.

Although, I'd like to know how many weeks you've been playing. That would make your argument much stronger.

Nice to see even new players can see obvious trends. It just shows how obvious they are, even after only a few weeks of play.

Also, Riot, there's nothing wrong with implementing different things. If you say, change all 450s to be free, but we're still seeing some issues, you can also expand the champ roster too. Actually, if we're going to implement that, I would suggest doing both to ensure your profits don't go down.

-Dorryza


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obake

Senior Member

06-09-2012

Quote:
Dorryza:
This.

Although, I'd like to know how many weeks you've been playing. That would make your argument much stronger.

Nice to see even new players can see obvious trends. It just shows how obvious they are, even after only a few weeks of play.


I remember the releas of Ahri and Viktor, and Fizz was in what might've been his first free week. (Looking at release dates because I don't remember when I started lol).

So that makes about 6 months or so, which sounds like quite a while. But I'm not level 30 yet, and pretty much just starting in on pvp matches, so I still consider myself new, just not a fresh newbie.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WindScorpion

Senior Member

06-09-2012

Checkbox poll. Voted for all options.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninetales

Recruiter

06-09-2012

I think that all recommended champions should be free, then all the non-recommended 450s should be bumped up to 1350. And Riot should keep the 10 free champions a week rotation. This way the new players have a decent variety of champions to play and Riot still makes money.