What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,455 26.88%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,160 34.60%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 954 10.45%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,729 40.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9132. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

07-10-2012

bumps

Manaravak

07-10-2012

To anybody saying they will lose money buy making the rotation fifteen champs or making the 450IP champions free and keeping rotation to ten champions.

They will not lose money!! They will make more money. If you have ever taken a business class you would know that appealing to your customers is a great way to make money. People who are happy with their service tend to be willing to pay more for it because in a lot of cases, being happy with your providers is better than paying for a cheaper provider that you are not be happy with. Yes, I know this game is free to play. Yes, I know many people don't pay for anything in LoL. But the point still stands. People will be inclined to pay for something they want if they feel they are being treated properly.

So what does that have to do with anything? Well, it is obvious that not just a majority but a SUPER MAJORITY, wants the system to be changed. Now what is in Riot's best interest then? It is in their best interest to appeal to their player base and change the system. Luckily, because the way the rotations work, appealing to both the people who do and do not want the change is extremely easy.

So what happens if they do change the way rotations work to 450IP Champions are free and ten champions are in rotation? Well we end up with new players being able to play the easy champions whenever they want for free. If you are smart you wouldn't buy a 450IP champ for any amount of RP. This means Riot won't lose money via RP. Having the extra IP that would have been spent on the champions, this is assuming the player bought ALL 450IP champs, could now go to a newer and more expensive champion that a new player would want. However, this will no happen since people will tend to want the "cooler" and new champions. For the most part, people will tend to skip buying the 450IP champions in favor for more expensive champions. This means the gain from new players having free beginner champions that would have been cheap anyways doesn't put them very far ahead of where they would be if the current system is in place. So the customer doesn't really gain anything. All he or she gains are a few champions that people already tend not to want because of the image they portray as "noob champions". However, Riot will gain a LOT. They may not gain money instantly BUT they gain a happy customer who is eased into the game more quickly. This gain will translate into money later for many different reasons, one being that happy customers are paying customers.

But what about the more skilled players? Well, that's pretty simple. They get to try out more champions. Remember though, trying more champions doesn't mean they can play them as whenever. If they want to play a specific champion then they with have to buy it. The people who buy with RP now are the people who will buy RP in a refined system. The only difference is in a system with happy customers, more money is to be made.

But if there are more champions in rotation then people definitely won't pay!!! DUH, of course there will be people who will never pay! Those are the same people who wouldn't pay now. So I don't see any money being lost here.

Everyone needs to remember business isn't only about money. A lot more has to go into creating a successful business, which Riot is and for a reason. Appealing to your customers is the best way to make money. It is also the hardest thing about managing a business. The only difference is, in this scenario, there is no money to be lost if the system is refined well enough.

Lol this is too long for me to correct any grammar and spelling mistakes so I'm not going to even bother. Go ahead and flame for any misspelled word!! I will gladly eat up your trollness and satisfy my hunger!! After all, typing is a lot of work and spends many calories....

TL;DR
Sucks

Dorryza

07-10-2012

Again, Manaravak takes the argument away. Good job =)

Bobby McFrayson

07-10-2012

bump

Dorryza

07-10-2012

bumpity

Dorryza

07-10-2012

bumps

Starfyre7

07-10-2012

I think that each player should be able to 'test ride' a champion for a limited amount of games (3-5) before buying it. That way, even if a champion does not come up in the free rotation, a player can still decide if he wants to buy the champion or not.

WILL SMlTH

07-10-2012

no, just no.

Dorryza

07-10-2012

Mr. Pop Star, is that directed at the comment above you or the thread in general?

Deadlyhazard

07-10-2012

I'd suggest no 450 and 1350 champions in the free weeks. Just the expensive guys.