What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,455 26.89%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,160 34.61%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 953 10.44%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,729 40.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9131. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

07-07-2012

*Holds up nerf minigun*

you sure?

alsowikk

07-07-2012

*pulls out double bladed lightsaber*...I'm pretty sure... that this post will win over riot and inspire them to post in this thread, resparking the conversation potential with well developed ideas and skyrocketing us to the top of the board once again.

alsowikk

07-07-2012

It seems riot has conspired to prove me wrong

alsowikk

07-07-2012

come on...anyone?

Dorryza

07-07-2012

bumpity

Dorryza

07-07-2012

bumping it

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Putting this back at the top.

Obi Wans Cheese

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsowikk View Post
@beary, I don't really understand the argument here. It's bad...that we can play without spending money...in a free to play game?

@obi wan I'm going to have to argue against because I"m just not sure how the mechanics of it would work or if they could viably code it in. Like do they count as free or owned? Do they count as owned or as free champions for the time? Will they still appear in free weeks? Will I ever get the free nunu I've been campaigning for this ENTIRE TIME?!*(yes I'm joking here, I'm having a bit of fun at the expence of sanity)

*riot I am willing to accept bribes in the form of a free nunu in order to stop bumping this thread...just saying.
They would be considered free for 5 plays much like an IP boost (but obviously adapted to plays and not just wins). I said that they would no longer appear in free weeks because players would be able to have 5 initial games with those champions in which they can accrue the IP to buy them if they so wish.
So hey, 5 free games with Nunu and you get the IP to buy him anyway, making him pretty darn close to free.

In regards to the champions bundles mentioned in an earlier post, yes, they did slip my mind, but I don't see this necessarily impeding that revenue source because there are still a significant number of champions that are in those bundles that aren't 450s, making it still economically viable (I assume).

Dorryza

07-08-2012

actually, 5 is a little too little of a number imho. at least 10 plays iimho.

Pro Gamer Boobs

07-08-2012

I don't know really.

But champs have an IP price for a reason so I assume riot does want us to invest spending on champs xP

Thought I really hate saving 4800~ 6300 IP on champions :<