Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Hey guys, sorry if you have asked a question recently and I haven't responded to it.

I know very little about the new Twisted Treeline, and I think it wouldn't make sense for me to give you my opinion on certain comps / strategies when I myself have yet to form them.

Feel free to ask questions about the new Twisted Treeline, but know that it will probably take a couple weeks for me to better grasp it.

Cheers

Edit: However, there is one *major* thing I've learned about the new Twisted Treeline. Mobility isn't as large of an issue. A combination of the speed buff, and the lack of wards (which promotes roaming as a team), champions who would normally be out-classed because of their lack of mobility (Annie, Yorick, Amumu, etc) have a HUGE advantage. In fact, I believe some of the new power houses in Twisted Treeline will be those three champions.

This is Aru

10-30-2012

How do you feel about Gangplank in the new TT?

His ability to build up a ton of gold and global ultimate?

A shadowy figure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Yea it was a good game. I think the problems you guys ran into that game were:

Lack of mixed damage. (Your team comp was Nunu, Jayce, and Ezreal). Yes all of them do decent magic damage, but apart from Ezreal's ultimate, all of the magic damage has to be dealt up close and personal. And against Rumble, Jarvan, and Renekton, it was really easy to punish you for coming in to close to deal your magic damage (Jayce's thundering blow, Ezreal's essence flux).

As such you guys rarely came in very close to us and generally attempted to poke us down before a fight broke out. The only problem with this was that we stacked armor, as your long range abilities were almost entirely physical damage. Not only that, but as soon as one of our Warden's mails procked on Ezreal, it was incredibly easy to close in on him with Jarvan and Renekton dashing / ulting. That combined with Rumble's insanely long range ultimate and his move speed made it really hard for you guys to team fight against us.

Also we had smite, which made securing dragon's fairly easy, although your Ezreal was pretty close to stealing a couple times

Hopefully that helped, and it was a really good game ^.^
Thanks for the feedback
We actually learned a lot from that game in terms of team comp and the general feel of how to play 3s.
In fact, today we are one game from diamond from a 13 win streak. I am confident we will be hitting our goal of diamond by the deadline.
I just wanted to thank you because this thread helped immensely for my team to pick up on the 3v3 playstyle and designing successful team comps and strategies.

Brickhouse86

11-02-2012

Hey E1C can you give me a good build for voli on the new twisted treeline? Since they got rid of warmogs I feel kinda lost since I don't really like the new item they replaced it with. It has less health and no regen. It's only useful if someone dies during the fight and only mildly so since its 200 over time. I used to go merc treads, warmogs, wits end, frozen mallet, sunfire cape, and then atmas/banshee/force of nature/ionic spark depending on the team makeup and how we were doing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Eryn

12-19-2012

Hey all, bumping this thread after a long period of inactivity. I understand 3v3 more now and am confident in my ability to give advice.

Also feel free to give a shout out to my teammate 'Yetti', as he understands the new 3v3 more than most anyone I know at this point.

scazzaf

12-19-2012

WuKing = E1C?
This changes everything

Yetti

12-20-2012

Makes me wonder who his favorite champ is. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say Darius.

iForg3t

01-03-2013

darius and win

scazzaf

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublelifts Dad View Post
darius and win
Something tells me this guy hasnt heard of riven

Chocolate Mama

01-03-2013

Ways to counter late game...:
amumu, fiddlesticks, udyr, teemo

general situation: they aren't particularly fed, but their late games get ridiculous with just an okay farm, due to their utility and/or ults.
Sometimes, it's my team. If we have an amumu ult, we can be behind in farm and kills and be a little damaged, and take the time to choose.
Things I've tried: botrk, quicksilver sash.. stuff like that.