Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanphetamine View Post
E1C can i add you in game, your tips on this thread have been very helpful to someone trying to start competitive 3's
Yes you may.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by POPCONCHICKEN View Post
Shaco build help please? Have a hard time with too many tanky derps occasionally
cloth + 4 hp pots + 1 mana pot.
Madred's razor
boots
HoG
boots --> (Ninja Tabi / Merc Treads / Zerk greaves)
Phage
Wit's End
Phage --> Frozen Mallet
Madred's Razor --> Madred's Bloodrazer
Guardian Angel

Eryn

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
I just faced an interesting matchup (doing placement).

We:
Jayce, Yorick, Hecarim

vs
Gragas, Jax, Renekton

they invaded early which was what really got us, but once Jax got a kill Jax Renekton top was almost unstoppable diving at around lvl 3 with their double stun comp.

What would be suggested to counter this comp?
Well first off it's pretty tough to come back from being behind against a Jax.
Secondly, it's pretty tough to beat a Jax.

Although Jayce and Yorick should have some great harass to widdle away at Renekton and Jax before a 2v2 fight starts top lane.

Also, when playing Jayce vs. Jax, wait for his stun to *almost* pop, and then knock him away with Jayce's hammer.

Eryn

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpReyeZ View Post
What are some good Level 1 tactics besides staying in the bush in the bottom lane?
Well, I wouldn't consider heading to the bottom bush in the bottom lane to be a good level 1 tactic at all.

I mean come on, is there a speed buff in the bush? Will red buff spawn sooner if you go to the bottom bush? No? Then why go...

I would go to your middle camp and take it with your full team of three, that'll give you a nice starting xp boost. Just make sure someone leashes instead of tanking it because the mobs hurt.

Eryn

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgod7 View Post
Hey E1C,What do u think about ryez

He has good aeo dmg nice cc and is tanky but he is at the bottom of the teir list.

I recently stared a ranked team we won 4 and loss 1 cause a d/c they were all played with ryez.

What are your opinion on him?

Should i play someone like singed who is at top of tier list instead?
Tier list isn't the bible, and even if it was the bible that doesn't mean you have to follow it.

Ryze brings great AoE damage, good damage, and great burst *as well* as sustained damage. Not only that, but he can build extremely tanky and still dish our massive damage (all the goodies like frozen heart, RoA, and Banshee Veil).

However, Ryze has basically no mobility and is very item dependent to be useful. As such his early game is pretty damned weak. (especially in a 1v2 situation where his range is inferior to other AP carries). I believe this may be why he is low on the tier list (although ask Sam).

If you have a team that can turtle like gods / can win team fights easily, then Ryze is a good pick. In a team that is for early game dominance he will probably fall short though.

Eryn

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearmauling View Post
What should i build on Rengar?
I don't know how to Rengar, sorry

Eryn

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post
Thank you for the quick response! I guess I will have to wait until at least level 20 before I jungle with him. I was looking back ot other posts you answered about jungling, and I noticed you mentioned that the jungler should make sure his 1v2 laner can handle a 1v2. I have a friend I duo with occasionally, and he owns Master Yi, Cho'gath, Talon, Tryndamere, Twitch, and Lux(the last 3 he has very little experience with though). Which do you recommend he should take for a 1v2 lane?
Most definitely Cho'Gath. If Cho'Gath is not available, would have to be Lux out of those.

Eryn

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAzrael View Post
Thoughts on Fiddlesticks?
Why AP Janna?
I have heard things about Orianna...
Fiddlesticks is an absolute powerhouse against champions with little CC. But let's face it... what viable treeliner doesn't have much CC? (other than tryndamere + nunu).

However, I can't deny I've had my ass handed to me a few times as Gragas vs Fiddlesticks lane. Fiddle is overall just really situational, and as such should really only be a last pick.

AP Janna pairs good survivability with amazing CC and mobility. She also has some amazing damage if you get a DFG.

Orianna is very strong, great mobility, damage, CC, and map control.

ChampStat

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Most definitely Cho'Gath. If Cho'Gath is not available, would have to be Lux out of those.
Yay! My buddy <3s Cho and is really good at him! Just the long wait for level 20 now...

XpLiCiT fLaTheAd

Recruiter

09-24-2012

who are the top 10 3's chars?