Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cartman333

09-13-2012

E1C,

I tried playing as Gangplank the other night, in a blind pick game, but was having a very rough time because I was in the bottom lane vs. Varus and Lux, both of whom had ranged attacks that kept poking me and I really couldn't do much. On top of that, they also had a pretty fed Garen on their team who periodically made a visit to the lane to gank the hell out of us. I can't remember who my lane partner was, but suffice it to say that they didn't have any powerful enough ranged attacks either.

Question: how would you advise playing Gangplank in a situation like this?

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Farm.

Goggris

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman333 View Post
E1C,

I tried playing as Gangplank the other night, in a blind pick game, but was having a very rough time because I was in the bottom lane vs. Varus and Lux, both of whom had ranged attacks that kept poking me and I really couldn't do much. On top of that, they also had a pretty fed Garen on their team who periodically made a visit to the lane to gank the hell out of us. I can't remember who my lane partner was, but suffice it to say that they didn't have any powerful enough ranged attacks either.

If you are in a situation where you can't farm efficiently you need to get 1-2 gold per 5 items and hold off engaging until you catch up in strength.

Gellea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

How would you play heimerdinger on that map.

M0rias

09-14-2012

Select heimerdinger. Instead of hitting the lock in button, proceed to change your mind and select Zyra. Lock in.

Eryn

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellea View Post
How would you play heimerdinger on that map.
I am not all that great at Heimerdinger, and seeing as he is by no means overpowered I can't give you a generalized build or strategy for him.

However, my teammate Zacynthos played him once in a while for a change of pace, and absolutely dominated.

I searched LoLRecorder for the games and was unable to find any of them unfortunately :/

Generally though, it seemed to me like he just ran in circles with his turrets blazing and then landed all his stuns. >.<

I'll see what I can do about finding a replay of him playing Heimerdinger, because it was truly hilarious watching the other team run around like chickens with their heads cut off attempting to catch him.

Although pick Zyra. Better in every way :/

Eryn

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman333 View Post
E1C,

I would do your best to dodge skill shots and use your Q purely to last hit and then back off. I would also get a Heart of Gold and possibly even a philosopher's stone if you deem it necessary.

Just remember if you are getting out farmed in a 1v2 lane bottom, that your jungle will have free roam of the jungle and can spoon feed your top lane. No matter how well they deny you of farm it'll be difficult for them to deny you of xp, and your team will come out on top.

MelancholyHaruhi

09-15-2012

Hi, I was just wondering if Leblanc was any good in the twisted treeline and if yes how would you play her?

OSAMA BlN LADEN

Master Recruiter

09-15-2012

can you please give me some tips on team comps? me and my friends play and were 1337 rating at the moment. we've been close to 1400 but have never tasted it yet. I understand that top should be able to farm ALOT and at the same time have the jungle control. My friends and I usually play ali/cho bot as support along with a bruiser such as mundo, nunu, sometimes blitz. and our top usually goes AP. I find the most common things we lose to are CS and sometimes teams are all jungle comp ( like lee sin, shyv, udyr all in one team) and they just dominate in everything. Please give me some pointers or tips

Monkeyblood

09-15-2012

I really need some jungling advice and how not to die. i got a leash at the bottom camp by our base. then i went to the top one, cleared the first camp, but i always die on the buff camp. whats going wrong? i use smite on the big creep. i was on xin/mundo/shyv and i have the same problem every time. 9/21/0 masteries and i use AD quints attack speed marks def seals and mr glyphs just a standard set. its just really holding my team back when none of us can figure this out.. lol