Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
I'm trying to master Ahri for all maps, including Twisted Treelines. Could you give some advices about what aspects should I try to focus in my gameplay to be a competitive Arhi in TT?
Not being hit by skillshots, landing your taunt. Hitting multiple people with your Q. Dealing lots of damage and being hard to catch via your Foxfire and ultimate.

I know it sounds very general, but that's about all you need to do to be competitive with Ahri.

Brodhi

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Not being hit by skillshots, landing your taunt. Hitting multiple people with your Q. Dealing lots of damage and being hard to catch via your Foxfire and ultimate.

I know it sounds very general, but that's about all you need to do to be competitive with Ahri.
It's important to know the full potential of your damage and when you should / should not all in with your Ultimate, as well.

judgeshowtunes

09-11-2012

Finally made it through this whole thread, man are there a lot of tips in here! Thanks very much for doing this, E1C.

So in general, you build mages very tanky compared to more damage? I play Gragas a lot in our 3's (well, "a lot," we've only played 9 games so far lol), and I tend to just follow a 5's build by going Dorans -> Kage's Pick -> DFG -> Boots 2 -> Rabadon's. Obviously that's very glass-cannon, it seems to work but I definitely get exploded when I get caught. Should I skip the DFG and just go into RoA?

Also, I apologize for being a ****** and asking multiple questions, but thoughts on initial setup of Gangplank? Talked to our jungler and we like your "perfect" team, and I'd likely be the GP.

Boo

09-11-2012

get zhonya's if you feel like you're getting focused harder than usual + they have a lot of AD

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Depends on your comp too. Often if you have someone like malph on your team you can build a little more glass cannon if they dont have many gap closers and you have good positioning.

Jack The RipperX

09-11-2012

What is your opinion on Jarvan's viability in TT?

Eryn

09-11-2012

Quote:

Because of Gragas's ability to do insane damage from far away, and also because of how slippery he is, I've enjoyed building him like this:

boots + 3
Doran's Ring x 3
Sorc Shoes
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass

Hope that helps!

Eryn

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The RipperX View Post
What is your opinion on Jarvan's viability in TT?
I think Jarvan is a great jungle

Jack The RipperX

09-12-2012

Quote:
I think Jarvan is a great jungle
Indeed, his Q+E make it so he can gank over walls. How is he in lane? Nice poke from Q for harass. Q+E for mobility when ganked.

Eryn

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The RipperX View Post
Indeed, his Q+E make it so he can gank over walls. How is he in lane? Nice poke from Q for harass. Q+E for mobility when ganked.
He is pretty ferocious in lane as well, has good damage along with an armor + attack speed boost, and a % armor reduction on his enemy. His ult also makes for great ganks if you use it properly (in lane).

Not only that but he is fantastic at escaping when the time comes.