Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiras View Post
I don't have a question yet, I just want to say I appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions to the community. It is nice to see someone giving freely because they want to help people.
Thank you!

Reading posts like this make helping out all the more worth it

Come on guys! I've responded to every post so far! Feel free to ask more *cracks knuckles*

Waiting for a question I am unable to answer, which will probably result in me going to Sam haha.

AngelicV

06-07-2012

What is your opinion on turtling in 3v3?
Do you think the Position of the last Turret should be changed or the laser range?
When would you choose to turtle with your own?
What team Comps are good for turtling and which are good against turtle comps while still maintaining high viability ?

Thanks in Advance

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicV View Post
What is your opinion on turtling in 3v3?
Do you think the Position of the last Turret should be changed or the laser range?
When would you choose to turtle with your own [team]?
What team Comps are good for turtling and which are good against turtle comps while still maintaining high viability ?

Thanks in Advance
I am a strict League of Legendist, in the sense that I hate the idea of changing maps just because some players find them anti-fun. I do not believe anything needs to be 'changed' on the Twisted Treeline, otherwise it would no longer be the Twisted Treeline.

Now maybe that sounds stupid, or obvious, but to me The Twisted Treeline is what it is and learning to adapt to it is far more rewarding than trying to change it into something it's not.

3v3 is very unique in the sense that turtling actually becomes a viable strategy because of the design of the bases. It promotes using late game champs, even if it puts you at a disadvantage early game.

At the same time, turtling is easily countered by a strategy I call 'Don't kill the inhibs.'
Turtling is a wonderful strategy, but it really only relies on your opponents cockiness, as it will never work if they take the game at a slower pace and 'secure the win' before the game is over.

Teams who get an early ace, an early dragon, or an early headstart on cs often will excitedly push into the enemy base, killing inhibitors, to find that the only way they can keep csing is to get dangerously close to the enemy tower / laser. Whereas with super minions pushing the lane, the apposing team can free farm to their heart's delight while happily sipping tea in their spawn pool.

If you get a head start, expand on it rather than trying to end the game. That would be my best advice on how to counter turtling. Instead of killing their inhibitors, just continue to last hit and extend the laning phase so you can continue to race ahead on dragon, kills, and creep score.

I rarely turtle in ranked 3s unless it is the final straw. As good as a strategy it may be, it will never work against an enemy team who knows their stuff.

However, if I was going to turtle from the get-go, I would pick champions with heavy CC who are monster's late game.

There isn't really a 'team' that is great against turtle comps imo, as turtling isn't really a very good strategy. It would be like asking me how to counter 'tank' comps, knowing they don't put out enough damage late game.

TL;DR Turtling should not be your strategy going into a game, but rather your fallback strategy if you fall behind in a game. If you do need to turtle, or find that you continuously loose early game, it may be wise to pick late game power houses to put into your team comp. Turtling is easily countered personally, and I don't believe the Twisted Treeline should be changed in anyway; Unless you want to completely remake the map into the marshmallow fluff jungle, with a 3 hp flower giving dragon buff like everyone seems to want to. And don't forget to move the laser to gray buff, because "laser needs to be moved and gray buff op."

I hope my answer wasn't too lengthy and boring.

And thank you for thanking me ^.^

AngelicV

06-07-2012

Wonderful Answer kind of what i wanted to hear
I am kind of surprised you answered that fast !

Sometime ago i was playing ranked with a few Casual friends, most of them switched to Starcraft and just log in to do 1 game or 2 a day in Lol.

Anyway do you have any other tips for Ranked 3v3 beside the Stuff with banning.
I mean like if you have a player mediocre at jungle but great at top lane , one good bot and one who is more or less decent at bot and top.
Would you aim towards still having a jungler and maybe giving up a lead at top which is made up with ganks?
Or for the Part of First picking would you prefer to have the first Pick or the counter Pick with 2 Champions? What should one watch out for in terms of bans with picks together?

desertfoxx

06-07-2012

How do I build wukong? mysteries and runes and then starting items.

Also what are the basic tanky items in TT vs ad or AP? if I'm an AD bruiser like wu.
I feel that it is different than 5s.
(thanks for your response on my TT game your the bomb!

Raid Boss v2

06-07-2012

1) What is your play style with Kennen (champion I'm trying to master). Tanky CC master?

2) Do you go solo bot or duel bot? I find as top he's not good enough to jump into Jungle to take advantage of that lane (could be wrong). Also can't carry as say an AD bruiser with all that farm.

3) How do you actually get high CS in TT with a mage like Kennen? Either I'm splitting the CS with bot and trying to harass the enemy team. Very like I'm always behind in CS. Seems like the only good thing I can do is Press "r" is team fights....which is often enough

Most importantly
4) When to pick him and when not too. Do you want tanker teammates or Assassin teammates?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your time.

(p.s. I go with the setup of 9/0/21 with spellvamp quints).

Lorthix

06-07-2012

Hey. My team has a lot of issues jungling in TT, I'm not really sure why, but we've adopted to just do dual laning until one of the ad's has their wriggles. This generally works out fairly well but we do have some issues when the opposing team has a jungler. Do you think sending the two person lane to top instead is an effective way of slowing the jungler and helping against his ganks?

meepers

06-07-2012

I guess my question is similar to Lorthix's (but I'm more noobie ). I was playing some TT with some friends yesterday and we got really frustrated at the games. It seemed like when we started out poorly, we got destroyed (like 20-4 destroyed). When we started out really well, we ended up losing too. And when we started out even, we would always end up losing late game.

It seems like we were getting out CSed in most of the games. We haven't tried having a jungler yet, probably because we're not really sure how to jungle on TT. What kind of route do you suggest? I understand it will probably change depending on what spawn. I saw earlier you mentioned golems -> wolves are ideal, followed by ganking? When jungling, do you get the majority of your CS in the jungle or do you eventually start laning with someone?

Thank you for helping TT noobies like me

Eryn

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicV View Post
Wonderful Answer kind of what i wanted to hear
I am kind of surprised you answered that fast !

Sometime ago i was playing ranked with a few Casual friends, most of them switched to Starcraft and just log in to do 1 game or 2 a day in Lol.

Anyway do you have any other tips for Ranked 3v3 beside the Stuff with banning.
I mean like if you have a player mediocre at jungle but great at top lane , one good bot and one who is more or less decent at bot and top.
Would you aim towards still having a jungler and maybe giving up a lead at top which is made up with ganks?
Or for the Part of First picking would you prefer to have the first Pick or the counter Pick with 2 Champions? What should one watch out for in terms of bans with picks together?
I believe if you scroll through other pages of the thread you will find many questions and responses, all of which decently unique and all of which should be a big help in improving your 3v3 gameplay.
Although it confuses me, to answer the bold, I would say make the guy who is so-so at both learn jungle, and let the top lane play top and the bot lane play bot.

Eryn

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfoxx View Post
How do I build wukong? mysteries and runes and then starting items.

Also what are the basic tanky items in TT vs ad or AP? if I'm an AD bruiser like wu.
I feel that it is different than 5s.
(thanks for your response on my TT game your the bomb!
I believe you mean, "How do I build WuKarry."
Moving on, Wukong is in my opinion the best champion in the game, because he is. Hail to the WuKing baby.

Now maybe he isn't actually the best champion in the game, but he has so much bloody potential if played right. I can't tell you the number of times I've stolen Dragon and gotten a kill(s) in 3v1s, even being down cs or kills.

Wukong is always top lane, no one deserves it more. His jungle is okay, but with mad farm he is unstoppable. I never had problems even with Tryndamere when I played him.

Masteries:
21/9/0
Don't get the life steal in offense.
Do put 3 in Hardiness, 1 in Resistance, 4 in vitality, and 1 in Veteran's Scars.
If the top lane you are playing against is AP oriented, reverse Hardiness and Resistance.

Runes:
Reds: Flat Attack dmg x 9
Yellows: Flat armor x 9
Blues: mr / lvl or flat mr x 9
Quints: Flat attack damage x 3

Abilities:
Get one level in E, then one in Q, then one in E, then one in W, then R > E > Q > W.

Starting items:
Start with cloth armor and 5 health pots, or sometimes you can start with boots and 3 health pots.
Rush Wriggle's Latern, and then after getting Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi (Usually Mercury Treads), rush Trinity Force. By the time you get it the game should be over, if it isn't you should go for Warmog's Armor + Atma's Impaler + Guardian Angel.
If they are very heavy in AP, get Warmog's and Force of Nature, probably get Force of Nature first.