Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seekiris

07-29-2012

E1C! Love the thread! You are awesome for helping others in this way and i would love it if i could add you.
My question is more like asking for your advice on the team comp I have really been enjoying, the Terrifying Bear-Shooting Shroom cannon.

My friends and I have been messing around in unranked TT games as Voli-fiddle-Teemo as a hard CC combo. Usually Teemo top, voli/fidd bottom with voli or teemo jung after level 6. Even when the other team has a jungle, top plays defensive, we ward red and seem to do just fine pushing bot to force top or jungle to come help. After 6, Teemo lines the jungle with shrooms, top and bottom to alert and hurt any threats to jungle and we use their jungler as a very easy gank opportunity, the lower their level the easier it is.

As you have talked about, tanky is better, and the only teams that really crush us are the double bruiser teams (Lee, Darius, Wu, Shyvanna). In this match up our early game suffers but our late game bombs them. We know there are better champs, and we are not even super experienced, sometimes we mix it up, but we enjoy our comp and I would love any advice you have to offer for our team comp.

Cheers!

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekiris View Post
E1C! Love the thread! You are awesome for helping others in this way and i would love it if i could add you.
My question is more like asking for your advice on the team comp I have really been enjoying, the Terrifying Bear-Shooting Shroom cannon.

My friends and I have been messing around in unranked TT games as Voli-fiddle-Teemo as a hard CC combo. Usually Teemo top, voli/fidd bottom with voli or teemo jung after level 6. Even when the other team has a jungle, top plays defensive, we ward red and seem to do just fine pushing bot to force top or jungle to come help. After 6, Teemo lines the jungle with shrooms, top and bottom to alert and hurt any threats to jungle and we use their jungler as a very easy gank opportunity, the lower their level the easier it is.

As you have talked about, tanky is better, and the only teams that really crush us are the double bruiser teams (Lee, Darius, Wu, Shyvanna). In this match up our early game suffers but our late game bombs them. We know there are better champs, and we are not even super experienced, sometimes we mix it up, but we enjoy our comp and I would love any advice you have to offer for our team comp.

Cheers!
Sure you can add me ^.^

I think your team comp is built to counter bruisers, which makes it pretty good ^.^

As long as you can peel off fiddlesticks and build teemo tanky, you'll be very strong.

EMotionally

07-30-2012

Hey E1C, this is a great thread and a valuable opportunity to Twisted Treeline players. I have a several questions I'd love to ask. Firstly I've recently started playing 3v3 ranked and have been practicing all roles. I enjoy playing Shyvana, Riven and Lee Sin in the jungle and because most people I play with don't jungle, I usually start at the enemy middle camp, then go to my middle camp then my top camp and I'm usually level 3 by 3 minutes. This route will be difficult if the enemy does have a jungler.

What is an ideal jungle route in the Twisted Treeline?

What do you do if you clear your route and you started armor and potions, there are no ganks to be made and you do not have enough money to purchase other items, do I go to a lane and soak up experience?

I play Udyr in Summoners Rift and he's a fast clearing jungler, how do you recommend playing him in 3v3 as he is a little mana hungry.

As some teams don't jungle and I usually 1v2 as an AP carry bot, which champions can 1v2 bot, I've been successful with Cassiopeia but that's all.

You mentioned Singed is a strong champion, do you go top or bot and would you go bot if it was 1v2?

How do you recommend playing Tryndamere, straight up cannon or as a tanky DPS, what runes would you use?

Sorry about the overload of questions!

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMotionally View Post
Hey E1C, this is a great thread and a valuable opportunity to Twisted Treeline players. I have a several questions I'd love to ask. Firstly I've recently started playing 3v3 ranked and have been practicing all roles. I enjoy playing Shyvana, Riven and Lee Sin in the jungle and because most people I play with don't jungle, I usually start at the enemy middle camp, then go to my middle camp then my top camp and I'm usually level 3 by 3 minutes. This route will be difficult if the enemy does have a jungler.

What is an ideal jungle route in the Twisted Treeline?

What do you do if you clear your route and you started armor and potions, there are no ganks to be made and you do not have enough money to purchase other items, do I go to a lane and soak up experience?

I play Udyr in Summoners Rift and he's a fast clearing jungler, how do you recommend playing him in 3v3 as he is a little mana hungry.

As some teams don't jungle and I usually 1v2 as an AP carry bot, which champions can 1v2 bot, I've been successful with Cassiopeia but that's all.

You mentioned Singed is a strong champion, do you go top or bot and would you go bot if it was 1v2?

How do you recommend playing Tryndamere, straight up cannon or as a tanky DPS, what runes would you use?

Sorry about the overload of questions!
1) http://i.imgur.com/TenGG.jpg

2) Go to lane and soak up some xp

3) Udyr's great

4) Cassiopia, Morgana, Kennen, Yorick.

5) I'd go top and deny their solo top.

6) Straight up cannon, with armor yellows, mr per level blues, and flat atk damage quints and reds.

Intoxacated

08-01-2012

KT - Karmas Treeline

Eryn

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxacated View Post
KT - Karmas Treeline
?

OnlyBotLane

08-01-2012

Someone calling an ap carry with no CC OP on TT?

VeNiiC

08-02-2012

Question, Why u gotta feed?

Eryn

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNiiC View Post
Question, Why u gotta feed?
You broke my back

Garroth

08-02-2012

Thanks E1C for the thread. I have been following it and you have some really good info. My team which consists of my bro and a friend. We are just starting to try to jungle and it has helped alot as you mention. Went 6/1 last night nad currentyl at 1275 Elo which I think is our best yet. We have basically two different startagies when we are at character select.

I pick last typically and our first pick always goes for Lee Sin Jungle. If he can get him and it looks safe i.e. theres no jax/panth/xin team I choose Nasus top and with Lee Jungling he can typically give me an edge in lane early and then they can never catch up which makes stopping Nasus Farm pretty rough. The other is if it looks too sketchy to play Nasus I go bot with Zyra and send are other guy top. What do you think about Nasus in 3's when used this way?