Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plus411

07-21-2012

Any advice on playing Fiora solo top? She's usually who I play for solo top and I thought I may get you opinion on the matter. Perhaps some tricks of the trade that'd make me a better player. Also if you have any advice at all on how to defeat a Darius solo top as Fiora please direct it at my thread, although he isn't OP he still gives me trouble when pitted against him. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2385083

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderSwag View Post
Hi, I was wondering how viable AP Casters like Ryze, Kass and Annie are (If so what AP caster would you recommend)? Also what about NuNu? And what kind of team composition should we have? I see most teams are all just bruisers at my lvl?
Ryze is great for soloing bot lane, Kassadin has great mobility but is generally not tanky enough. Annie can be built tanky, and she has some great CC and good damage.

Annie + Jarvan is a ferocious combo. But I personally think Ryze is much stronger across the board.

(Ryze can build tanky and still do massive damage).

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy4 View Post
Two or three questions here, kind-of:

1) How viable is Lux on TT?

1a) On that note, any advice for Lux on TT? (especially on top, for reasons stated in question 2)

2) I rarely, if ever see junglers on TT. I know you said early in this topic that the classic TT setup was AD bruiser top, AP tank bot, and a jungler, but most often when I play my teammates will both move to bot immediately (regardless of which champions they're playing) and demand I solo top. In such a case (2 on bot, with me soloing top; enemy team potentially has a jungler, mine almost never does), how should my play style differ from the classic TT setup you described?

(Note: I'd switch up my play style to be the jungler myself, but pretty much every jungle champ seems to be melee, and I'm admittedly terrible at playing melee champions)
1) She's pretty decent. She has great range, and decent CC (To keep her out of trouble while doing damage). I try to ignore her passive *in a team fight* or I'll probably die trying to proc it. Her ultimate is great, perfect cool down. She has great vision and map control with her orb too. She is very squishy though, so don't get caught. I'd run flash + ignite on her.

2) It is really rare that you see a jungle in normal games. In normal 3v3 games you kind of just do your thing (unfortunately). However, Jungle Ezreal *is* viable (If you want a ranged jungle). But you better be ****ed good at hitting your skill shots, and you also need to have good runes. (armor yellow, flat atk damage quint and reds, ____ blues)

Zionyx

07-22-2012

What do you think about the shady bruiser top w/ smite, support and AD carry bot meta.

Eryn

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post
Is trundle good as a solotop if the other team has an AD at top? I have been having success on TT as Trundle (whom I enjoy and wish was better than he currently is on SR) or is Trundle just a 'shoulda picked someone better' champ?

(I say solotop because I am convinced jungle on TT doesn't exist lol)

P.S. Why is Orianna considered bad on TT?
There is *so* much wrong with this question. Being honest, it makes more sense for me to tell you the following than for me to answer your question.

1) Read the thread (or *at least* some of it). You'll learn that jungling not only exists, but it is extremely viable.
2) No one considers Orianna bad on TT. She has a built in ward, good CC, good damage, and a shield. Not only that but she's one of the few mages that can deal great damage with auto attacks.
3) Jungle Trundle (Unless they have a Rammus soloing top but seriously who does that).

Eryn

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionyx View Post
What do you think about the shady bruiser top w/ smite, support and AD carry bot meta.
This comp is really interesting, and as my understanding goes it is used a lot among top teams in EU. (As well as the support + AD top lane)

Pros:
You will have a smite.

You have an AD Carry who is able to farm semi-safely.

You undoubtedly have a good amount of CC from the support champion.

Cons:
After the CC, the Support champion is going to do little damage and it is almost like a 2v3. (The support is giving their farm to the top lane)

You have little control of the jungle, and if the enemy team has a jungle they are going to get lots of farm.

If you leave lane to go use your smite in the jungle, the enemy can push your tower very hard. Not only that, but if you go into the upper jungle it is easy to get trapped by the enemy top lane and the enemy jungle.

I personally think AD + support is best when it is top lane, as to deny the other teams solo top. It is much harder to deny a ranged AP carry who can farm by throwing spells and backing off. Although in all honesty, any team with AD + support has a whole lot of cons. It's really up to you whether the pros out weigh the cons.

Zionyx

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
This comp is really interesting, and as my understanding goes it is used a lot among top teams in EU. (As well as the support + AD top lane)

Pros:
You will have a smite.

You have an AD Carry who is able to farm semi-safely.

You undoubtedly have a good amount of CC from the support champion.

Cons:
After the CC, the Support champion is going to do little damage and it is almost like a 2v3. (The support is giving their farm to the top lane)

You have little control of the jungle, and if the enemy team has a jungle they are going to get lots of farm.

If you leave lane to go use your smite in the jungle, the enemy can push your tower very hard. Not only that, but if you go into the upper jungle it is easy to get trapped by the enemy top lane and the enemy jungle.

I personally think AD + support is best when it is top lane, as to deny the other teams solo top. It is much harder to deny a ranged AP carry who can farm by throwing spells and backing off. Although in all honesty, any team with AD + support has a whole lot of cons. It's really up to you whether the pros out weigh the cons.
So with ad carry and support top who would you recommend using smite on?

Eryn

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionyx View Post
So with ad carry and support top who would you recommend using smite on?
probably exhuast + smite on the support

Jake Juke

07-22-2012

I play as Jax in my ranked team and usually completely stomp my top lane, but it seems that the other team will end up having a op team comp and outplay us. Im thinking about trying to jungle as jax, would this be viable, if so what items would i start with and what is the basic route? and what are some options of champions that work well with jax in team fights.
My other players are almost always ryze and wukong, who both go bottom.

Zionyx

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake10redsox View Post
I play as Jax in my ranked team and usually completely stomp my top lane, but it seems that the other team will end up having a op team comp and outplay us. Im thinking about trying to jungle as jax, would this be viable, if so what items would i start with and what is the basic route? and what are some options of champions that work well with jax in team fights.
My other players are almost always ryze and wukong, who both go bottom.
Think I found your problem :/