Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael Angelus View Post
when I play singed i bind /l to my T key and spam it to initiate team fights..

i also rush boots/philo stone/move 3 boots/ ROA/Rylais

am i doing it right?
Spot on Cowboy.

furiousflounder

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
For me, banning in Twisted Treeline was a game in itself.

For instance, if I had first pick, I would try and leave two overpowered champions left when they give their final ban. That way they would most likely ban one of them and that leaves the only non-banned OP champ for our team.

If we had second pick, I would try and leave zero or three overpowered champions left after I give the final ban. I hope to leave three, that way we will have two overpowered champions and they will have one.

Although addressing actual champions you should ban (assuming you don't plan to play them).

Singed - Please don't ask me to explain this one.
Tryndamere - That invulnerability will floor 33%-66% of your team before you can pick up your jaw off the floor.
Kennen - Too much CC, mobility, and damage. He's no fun to play against. He'll out cs you and outharass you, while at the same time dominating every team fight. And just when you think you have him, he's gonski.
Lee Sin - He can come from lizard buff or dragon buff, and jump to his teamate for an instant 'in your face' gank. He can also see invisible characters like Wukong (my favorite champion QQ). His damage, tankiness, and CC are formidable.
Dr. Mundo - This guy is simply unfair in Twisted Treeline. You just can't kill him, but he'll sure as hell make a mess of you. He's also a great jungle which is particularly dangerous.
I never played TT before. D: Why would the balance be so different. Singed is so easy to counter

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousflounder View Post
I never played TT before. D: Why would the balance be so different. Singed is so easy to counter
Singed is a very tanky champion. On top of that he can have lots of damage, and ofcourse has insane mobility when you combine his slow an ultimate. On top of that he has a fling, which is insanely useful. He is also extremely hard to prevent from farming in TT, and as such it is very hard to stay ahead of him, basically impossible. He can kite you all day, and since Bruiser top lane is the meta, that is a big problem,

furiousflounder

06-05-2012

Quote:
Singed is a very tanky champion. On top of that he can have lots of damage, and ofcourse has insane mobility when you combine his slow an ultimate. On top of that he has a fling, which is insanely useful. He is also extremely hard to prevent from farming in TT, and as such it is very hard to stay ahead of him, basically impossible. He can kite you all day, and since Bruiser top lane is the meta, that is a big problem,
huh

I haven't played singed but he has no ranged dmg moves, how can he kite? and with his poison he would push the lane no? which would make him easy to gank

and getting mr or that ice mallet would solve him for late game too I would imagine

I guess I just don't understand how champions who I never see in sr are considered broken in TT.

Lorthix

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousflounder View Post
huh

I haven't played singed but he has no ranged dmg moves, how can he kite? and with his poison he would push the lane no? which would make him easy to gank

and getting mr or that ice mallet would solve him for late game too I would imagine

I guess I just don't understand how champions who I never see in sr are considered broken in TT.
You're attempting to apply Summoner's Rift logic to Twisted Treeline which doesn't work, Champions that are terrible in SR might be amazing in TT and ones that dominate SR might not work as well in TT. They are just two completely differently play styles.

fi3sta

06-05-2012

Quote:
If the other team is turtling, STOP KILLING THEIR INHIBITORS.

Unless we are about to destroy their base, we rarely destroyed the inhibitors.

KEY RULE: INHIBITORS = FREE FARM FOR OTHER TEAM

Keep Inhibitors alive and farm to your hearts content while they sit in their base getting no farm. They come out of their base? Ace and push.

Other champs that are viable to jungle on TT are:
Skarner
Mundo
Singed (I know it's crazy, he's just so broken you can put him wherever)
Shaco (kinda, he's not very good anymore)

Twisted Treeline is incredibly difficult to jungle in, as such only the best junglers can handle it.

Yes, I have replays of Zacynthos, Morojax, and I playing on the Twisted Treeline versus other top teams like 1300pro, Just Tryhard, and such. Although my dilema is either I post a video of our team getting stomped on, or our team stomping on another team. Either way I feel bad about it.

If you really want a video I have one in mind of my team vs. HaoZ - EvilLust - Sarrano
If you want to see it add me in game and I can link it to you (It's on LoLReplays).

No hard feelings though if I remove you afterwards though okay? I have 299 friends and I'm keeping a slot open for Riot Taco Storm
Thanks for the answers, ill add you to check that replays then if you want to remove me there will be no hard feelings

SPChocobo

06-05-2012

I've been playing Malzahar in TT a lot, but the results are a bit hit and miss. i have an understanding of how to nuke his abilities, and am fairly content with his build:

Core:
Doran Ring
Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
Archangel Staff

Options:
Banshee Veil
WotA
Rabadons
Zhonya's hourglass
Thornmail (if necessary)

I suppose I have 3 questions:

Is this a decent build?
Is he viable for TT?
Where should he play in TT if so?

Kyungri

06-05-2012

I imagine the only viable AD carries on TT would be vayne or varus.

Would it ever be good to have an AD carry?

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

06-05-2012

9 quint Riven OP

Eryn

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPChocobo View Post
I've been playing Malzahar in TT a lot, but the results are a bit hit and miss. i have an understanding of how to nuke his abilities, and am fairly content with his build:

Core:
Doran Ring
Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
Archangel Staff

Options:
Banshee Veil
WotA
Rabadons
Zhonya's hourglass
Thornmail (if necessary)

I suppose I have 3 questions:

Is this a decent build?
Is he viable for TT?
Where should he play in TT if so?
Yes, that is a decent build. Although on twisted treeline you want tankier items like Rylai's or Rod of Ages.
No he is not very viable on Twisted Treeline, because even with all his burst damage he will rarely nuke down anyone on the other team, and as soon as his ultimate goes down, so doe he.
If he does play, solo bottom lane and stay by the bottom wall. Malz has no mobility and is easy to gank, so he need to get lots of farm and level up. You should always have red warded.

Good luck, Malz is tough.