Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SargentToughie

06-27-2012

Hey there, E1C

I read earlier on in this thread that Gangplank is an incredibly strong choice in TT because of his late game damage, his sustain, and Parlay for farming. However, every time I try to play GP solo top, I end up getting bullied out of lane relatively easily by champions who are more interested in harassment then farming. Because of this, I blow through my potions incredibly quickly, and I'm not able to use Mana for Parlay because eating oranges causes me to go OOM extremely quickly.

My question is: how can I protect myself from harassment while farming? About the only time I'm able to farm effectively is when I'm pushed back to my turret, and every time that happens, the guy who I'm laning against is able to go and put some pressure on bot. Once I get to about level 7 or 8, I'm usually able to hold my own on the battlefield just fine, but those early levels are incredibly rough, so I'd love any feedback you have when it comes to easing the pain that comes with it.

Also: Who compliments Gangplank in terms of teammates? Me and my friends have a current 3 man team of GP, Amumu, and Akali. We play in normal, so both teams typically stay out of the jungle until it's late game and those buffs decide teamfights.

desertfoxx

06-27-2012

E1C your wukong my yorick or udyr no skype........see who comes out on top.

topchedder

06-27-2012

i had a question about bot lane ap. apperently hiem isnt viably nor is cho gath. why is this it seems like they have huge potenital in turms of farm. also what are other good junglers other then lee udyr and mundo/riv for 3v3

Eryn

06-28-2012

Quote:
SargentToughie:
Hey there, E1C

I read earlier on in this thread that Gangplank is an incredibly strong choice in TT because of his late game damage, his sustain, and Parlay for farming. However, every time I try to play GP solo top, I end up getting bullied out of lane relatively easily by champions who are more interested in harassment then farming. Because of this, I blow through my potions incredibly quickly, and I'm not able to use Mana for Parlay because eating oranges causes me to go OOM extremely quickly.

My question is: how can I protect myself from harassment while farming? About the only time I'm able to farm effectively is when I'm pushed back to my turret, and every time that happens, the guy who I'm laning against is able to go and put some pressure on bot. Once I get to about level 7 or 8, I'm usually able to hold my own on the battlefield just fine, but those early levels are incredibly rough, so I'd love any feedback you have when it comes to easing the pain that comes with it.

Also: Who compliments Gangplank in terms of teammates? Me and my friends have a current 3 man team of GP, Amumu, and Akali. We play in normal, so both teams typically stay out of the jungle until it's late game and those buffs decide teamfights.

You should be able to harass your lane enemy with your parley and also use it to farm. You shouldn't be too afraid to go get cs, as if your opponent is attacking you like a madman he is not going to be csing.

Also since mana pots cost the same as health pots now, what about starting with cloth armor + 4 health pots + 1 mana pot to solve your mana problems?

A really great teammate for Gangplank is Kennen, as his ultimate lines up really well with Gangplanks. But generally gangplank is a great pick in any game due to his ultimates pushing and team fight ability.

Eryn

06-28-2012

Quote:
topchedder:
i had a question about bot lane ap. apperently hiem isnt viably nor is cho gath. why is this it seems like they have huge potenital in turms of farm. also what are other good junglers other then lee udyr and mundo/riv for 3v3

I think Cho'Gath has potential to be viable, although he really doesn't do a lot of magic damage and I believe would probably end up in the bruiser lane, sustaining his way to the win.

Heimerdinger is a fairly weak champion in comparison to other AP champions right now because he has problems farming without pushing his lane. And if you push your lane you will be ganked. Not only that but his presence in team fights isn't incredible strong, although of course it can be when fed.

Good junglers:
Lee Sin
Mundo
Udyr
Shyvana
Jarvan
Skarner
Shen
Rammus
Riven

Those ones come to mind

Hiruy

Recruiter

06-28-2012

I was thinking about using shyvana to jungle and I understand the route and such, but my question is how should I build her for TT?

Eryn

06-28-2012

Quote:
Hiruy:
I was thinking about using shyvana to jungle and I understand the route and such, but my question is how should I build her for TT?

Cloth + 5 possibly boots + 3

Madred's Razor
Boots
Madred's Razor --> Wriggle's Lantern
Boots --> Boots 2
Phage
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet

The game should be pretty close to over at this point. If it's not I suggest getting tanky items like Randuin's, FoN, or GA

Hiruy

Recruiter

06-28-2012

I see Thank you very much.

Grayjaw

06-28-2012

What is the ban and pick order, 1-2-2-1, with the 1st ban getting 1st pick?
Could you name some strong 1st picks and counter picks.

Sebastian

06-28-2012

Quote:
E1C:

Good junglers:

Quote:
E1C:

Shen

teehee