Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zinwrath

06-04-2012

wait...do you actually respond?

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

boo
we want zacynthos

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Where is zacy
Zacy got a job

Also wow! So many questions so fast! Took a couple hours to make some food and do some dishes and come back to this haha. I'll do my best to answer them all.

Eryn

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
How do I riven =(
Riven is an incredibly good champion in summoner's rift because she has amazing damage, amazing mobility, and good survivability if you build her glass cannon style.

The same holds true for Twisted Treeline.

I do NOT recommend Riven in the jungle as she is so incredibly good in lane at not only bullying her opponent but cs-ing like a mad...woman.

I would take:
Reds - Armor pen x 9
Yellows - Flat armor x 9
Blues - MR / lvl x 9
Quints - Flat AD x 9 or Armor pen x 9

21/9/0
Putting 3 in resistance, 3 in tough skin, and 3 in vigor.
Alternatively, you may put 3 in resistance and 1 in hardness or vice-versa depending on who you are playing against, and then 4 in durability and 1 in veteran's scars.

For summoner spells it is really your preference, although ignite, exhaust, and ghost are favorable. Having more than 1 exhaust on your team is usually not very good though.

You will want to start boots + 3, or sometimes cloth + 5 if you think you will have trouble in your lane.

I will not give a full build, as every build you use will differ depending on the enemy team, in my opinion there are no set builds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riven Gameplay

Early game, especially at level 3, Riven's CC is off the charts when you look at her mobility and damage. She can take anyone in her lane, except maybe Yorick, but come on, don't pick her if they have Yorick.

If you have a jungler like Shyvana or Udyr, first blood for you should be inevitable. Before your jungle gets to the lane (this holds true whenever you solo top) begin to duke it out with their top lane. Don't go balls deep and make it obvious they will die to your jungle, but make sure BOTH you and whoever you are laning against is at half life so that when your jungle arrives it is GG.

Twisted Treeline is all about farm. Farm, farm, farm and you will win. If you can deny your enemy while csing you will do great. The best way to do this is blow all the burst you can when they try and cs and then juke into a bush before the enemy creeps can deal much damage to you. Make sure to have control of red and dragon (or at least ward) and gank constantly and the item dependent Riven will carry hard.

Build Riven glass-cannon style, and make sure you NEVER go in first. Even wait a second or two (hopefully a teamate is tanky enough) while your teammates start the fight. Then fly in there swinging your big sword and tear their team up. Even if they are good enough to switch to target you, it won't matter as with life steal and attack damage they will go down too fast, while you gain life.

Late game if you keep up on your cs and at least stay moderately even (if not ahead) of the enemy team, you are going to have a lot of trouble loosing. Riven is so great on Twisted Treeline as her CC, mobility, damage, and survivability form a quadrilogy (<--dafuq?) that is nigh unstoppable.

I will warn you that against bruisers with strong early games, your jungle will have to babysit you for a while until about level 6.

rexolot

06-04-2012

so what are some tips on placing wards and jungling?

Eryn

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha11uc1n0g3n View Post
How would you build Warwick? I just picked him up and have been playing him Derpwick Dominion style but it's obviously not a great build for TT. Advice?
Warwick is an incredibly strong champion in 3v3, much like Ryze in summoner's Rift, you can build him extremely tanky and still do insane damage.

Every item in Twisted Treeline is very situational as there isn't really a classic meta that HAS to be followed as there is in Summoner's Rift.

Items I would suggest that usually do well on Warwick are:
Wit's End (I almost always build this, great damage paired with good survivability versus mages, but mostly for the damage :P)
Mercury Treads (Considering how much CC most every strong TT champion has, and how much damage this item will save you from taking, I build it on almost every single champion I play in TT)
Madred's Bloodrazer (So many champions in TT are really just *tanks* with damage. This will turn them into butter. Never, ever rush this item though, as Wit's End will give you better damage early game for half the price basically)
Sunfire Cape (If you need to be a little tankier, this item works nicely, especially if the other team is heavy on AD)
Frozen Heart (This item is extremely situational, but incredibly good for tanking up Warwick while also nerfing the enemy team incredibly)
Guardian Angel (A very safe buy. Not too expensive and gives good defense stats, and that revive will take the aggro off you in any team fight. If you are building high dps like Malady, Wit's End, Madred's Bloodrazer, ect, this is a must have)
Thornmail (Is that Riven carrying there team hard? You can't even get off your ultimate before her Wing Slash has you seeing black and white? Thornmail GG)
Frozen Mallet (This item is so great, the CC is just downright unbeatable for how tanky it makes you. You do so much damage anyways as Warwick that this item is almost always a must buy for me)
Malady (If your team is stacking tons of magic damage, this is a downright nasty item to build on Warwick. Although if there isn't much magic damage, I wouldn't really suggest it unless you are going full out dps)

Hope that helps! If you had specific items you wanted to ask about please do!

Eryn

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junsai View Post
What are the best ban picks in 3v3?
For me, banning in Twisted Treeline was a game in itself.

For instance, if I had first pick, I would try and leave two overpowered champions left when they give their final ban. That way they would most likely ban one of them and that leaves the only non-banned OP champ for our team.

If we had second pick, I would try and leave zero or three overpowered champions left after I give the final ban. I hope to leave three, that way we will have two overpowered champions and they will have one.

Although addressing actual champions you should ban (assuming you don't plan to play them).

Singed - Please don't ask me to explain this one.
Tryndamere - That invulnerability will floor 33%-66% of your team before you can pick up your jaw off the floor.
Kennen - Too much CC, mobility, and damage. He's no fun to play against. He'll out cs you and outharass you, while at the same time dominating every team fight. And just when you think you have him, he's gonski.
Lee Sin - He can come from lizard buff or dragon buff, and jump to his teamate for an instant 'in your face' gank. He can also see invisible characters like Wukong (my favorite champion QQ). His damage, tankiness, and CC are formidable.
Dr. Mundo - This guy is simply unfair in Twisted Treeline. You just can't kill him, but he'll sure as hell make a mess of you. He's also a great jungle which is particularly dangerous.

Eryn

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by retched View Post
is it better to have a gank-heavy jungler or a camp-clearing jungler? Also, what are some stronger setups in team composition (AP, AD ranged, bruiser, etc.) and where would you put them?

Edit: By where would you put them, i meant which lanes would you see each role.
A gank-heavy jungler SHOULD be a camp-clearing jungler. Champions like Shyvana, Udyr, and Lee Sin are incredibly good junglers as they jungle fast to out cs and out level, and at the same time their ganks are like lightning.

When I was playing, the classic meta was:
AD Bruiser solo top lane preferably with good CC and lots of mobility
AP Tank bot lane with heavy CC (Our favorites were Morde and Morgana)
Jungle (Mundo, Udyr, Shyvana, Lee Sin for the most part)

Axil

06-04-2012

tldr wits end win game

Eryn

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStarstruck View Post
Hi!

I am relatively new to the LoL scene and I would love a few pointers about TT, where I mostly play (free time shortages, quick leveling, etc., etc.).

Here are my main concerns:

1.) Team Compositions and Roles

This is something I've only barely grasped. How do I tell which roles mesh best with others? Are there any "best" or "standard" team role compositions that will provide optimal teamwork opportunities? Do different team compositions require different strategies of play?

2.) Warding

Where and when are the optimal positions to place wards on TT? I don't even know this on SR, so if you don't mind answering that one, too ^_^;; I feel like it's hard to actually use the information given by one's wards. Are there quick tips that assist the learning of the tricks to the wards or is it just a quick "experience" and move on?

3.) Ganks

How can I protect myself from enemy ganks? How can I initiate a successful gank? What kind of champions are the best at ganking? Which team composition allows the most ganking?

Thank you for your advice; I hope I'm not smothering you with questions ^_^;; I want to get good enough to play with my IRL friends and survive/dominate against them, and they are all very good. There are plenty of guides on SR as it is, but TT is not as popular.

I usually play Cho'Gath, Twitch, Anivia, Sona, Shaco, or Skarner. That pretty much satisfies versatility, but if there's anything else I should get used to (I am thinking about adding Rammus, Warwick, Mundo, and Jax to my list of champs I play but I have to buy them first) please go ahead and advise me ^_^

Thank you.
Hey!

See my most recent post before this one for team composistion.

~WARDING!~
http://imgur.com/XaMvu
Key:
You are the purple team. Inverse wards for blue team.
Red: Must have at all times. One is to cover red, one is to cover dragon AND the enemy buff so that you can see when their jungle is doing it. You also can see if they are camping that bush.
Blue: Great places to ward if you got the dough.
Purple: End-game wards if you are pushing their base. If they are in your base, you really don't need to ward lol, nor can you afford to.

Ganks:
Wards will definitely help keep you safe from ganks. As time goes on you will get better also at guessing where the enemy jungler is. It's a good queue when the enemy top lane LEAVES top lane that you are in for it aswell (if you are bot lane). Always keep red warded!
Try to stay near the lower wall if you are bot lane, it will give you more time to react if they catch you off guard!
Having a character with good mobility (like shaco) is very important when playing twisted treeline. Mobility will be your life saver a lot of the time.