load the map before queue/champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reconsul

06-04-2012

to start sooner

Reconsul

06-19-2012

don't make us wait

Ðetöx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

That would only require a total overhaul of the que / dodge system. Waiting two minutes or having to go ingame before realizing your team is trolling and not being able to dodge because you're already in game.

Reconsul

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NnoitraBeast View Post
not being able to dodge because you're already in game.
you cant dodge when the map is loading anyway

xNameless

06-20-2012

They can't preload the map because there is a different client that is launched after champion selection has ended.

Reconsul

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNameless View Post
They can't preload the map because there is a different client that is launched after champion selection has ended.
why can't this different client load minimized before/during queue/champion select?

xNameless

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconsul View Post
why can't this different client load minimized before/during queue/champion select?
That's not a bad question...but as it is now, the AIR client (fun fact: The LoL game itself runs on Adobe AIR) isn't triggered to load until the game is actually ready to continue. I suppose from a developer standpoint, its easier on player's computer resources, making it easier for more players (without balling computers like ours) to play the game smoothly (totally fabricating ideas here, I could be way off).

Although, there could be other factors involved; it's not just loading the physical map, it's also loading the characters and other stuff. I don't know how big an impact this would be, but it could be a reason (among many others).